UK Prime Minister David Cameron mentions The Smiths 'ban' - ITV.com

One Direction put him in their video so maybe he feels better. Niall's more fun than Morrissey, anyway.

The Smiths tell Cameron to listen to something else - itv.com

David Cameron revealed tonight how he has been forced to stop listening to The Smiths because his taste in music left the band feeling embarrassed.

The Prime Minister was speaking at an event to celebrate the success of the UK music industry which has achieved its highest ever share of global sales.

Mr Cameron said The Smiths asked him to stop mentioning them, adding:

"I'm a huge music fan but obviously it's been something of a music crisis year for me because Morrissey and Johnny Marr have said I'm not allowed to listen to The Smiths any more, so I've had to find some other stuff I am allowed to listen to."

Previous discussion in parliament regarding comments from Morrissey and Johnny Marr, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
Just f*** off and die Cameron and while you're at it take those twats Gove and Osborne with you.

Can he take that freakish unelectable gonk Ed Miliband, the despicable Balls and Harriet Harperson with him? After all, they were in no small part responsible for the current state of this nation.

Way to go, David Cameron, arn't all 'Smiths' lovers welcome on this site?????:thumb:

Tsk

Like Cameron care what he likes to listen, at large he might stop talking about
being a big fan of The Smiths

me thinks he's registered user here:lbf:

It still amazes me that one can like The Smiths enough to name them a favourite band when asked and yet end up with his politics. Then again, Mr. "It Takes Guts to Be Gentle and Kind" himself lapsed into, by his own definition, incurable cowardice years ago. People are complicated.

When all sides are talking and finding common ground, progress is made. The fact that Cameron and Smiths fans have something in common should be celebrated.

When all sides are talking and finding common ground, progress is made. The fact that Cameron and Smiths fans have something in common should be celebrated.

Impossible.

Cameron is an Eton educated politician who only cares about how to protect his wealth and privileges which is the opposite of Morrissey and Johnny's ideology.

Conservative Party has a history of degrading British education and social welfare system.

Very few Smiths / Morrissey fans are able to find a common ground with Cameron.

Last edited:
Impossible.

Cameron is an Eaton educated politician who only cares about how to protect his wealth and privileges which is the opposite of Morrissey and Johnny's ideology.

Conservative Party has a history of degrading British education and social welfare system.

Very few Smiths / Morrissey fans are able to find a common ground with Cameron.

The man's a complete c***. He couldn't care less about anyone but those at the top and anyone who thinks common ground can be found between normal people and the monsters in power is completely deluded. The closest he gets to common ground is somebody saying they hate him less than Ed Milliband, some compliment!

How did he ever get into The Smiths or The Jam? Surely a man with his education would have been able to decipher the words.

Cameron probably no more likes The Smiths than Tony Blair liked standing next to Alan McGhee and Noel Gallagher. It's what their advisers tell them to say to try and net the floating voters amongst the young.
If Cameron REALLY listened to The Smiths it's doubtful he would ever have become such a living embodiment of exaggerated Thatcherite grisliness.

And, NO...not everyone is allowed to like The Smiths! Certainly not pampered, chinless, Eton educated, capitalist wankers!
Our good name shall not be besmirched!

Cameron probably no more likes The Smiths than Tony Blair liked standing next to Alan McGhee and Noel Gallagher. It's what their advisers tell them to say to try and net the floating voters amongst the young.

You do realise of course, that the Smiths were never that popular & certainly aren't now & double certainly not amongst the young.
If you think liking the Smiths would be a vote winner to anyone other than a handful of people, you're barking up the wrong tree.

To me, it's no surprise he likes the Smiths given that he'd like us all to wallow in misery.

Oh, and yes. Anyone is allowed to like the Smiths. If it concerned Morrissey & Marr that much they'd make everyone do a political compass test before they took your money.

The man's a complete c***. He couldn't care less about anyone but those at the top and anyone who thinks common ground can be found between normal people and the monsters in power is completely deluded. The closest he gets to common ground is somebody saying they hate him less than Ed Milliband, some compliment!

How did he ever get into The Smiths or The Jam? Surely a man with his education would have been able to decipher the words.

Hey Rowntree, whilst politically we are of a similar kidney, might I suggest that Cameron, hateful and Tory as he may be, is not as despicable as others on the cabinet or as previous Tory PM's. Indeed, the issue for the Tories is that he is proving too liberal for the membership. Watching those bastards tear themselves apart is excellent sport.
On a related matter, I get the impression that you are very disillusioned with the Labour party. Me, not so much. I feel we could have a great discussion about this over a well stocked bong.

Hey Rowntree, whilst politically we are of a similar kidney, might I suggest that Cameron, hateful and Tory as he may be, is not as despicable as others on the cabinet or as previous Tory PM's. Indeed, the issue for the Tories is that he is proving too liberal for the membership. Watching those bastards tear themselves apart is excellent sport.
On a related matter, I get the impression that you are very disillusioned with the Labour party. Me, not so much. I feel we could have a great discussion about this over a well stocked bong.

I agree Peter, Gove in particular is far worse than Cameron and Osborne isn't much better. You can probably pick any one of them and offer reasons for them being catapulted into the Irish Sea on a rough day but Cameron is by no means as bad as many of the others.

Lol, I haven't had a bong in years, my mrs sends me outside so it's completely impractical! I lost my faith in Labour some time into Blair's reign. In the times that we're in Labour should be cleaning up but instead they're still trying so hard to appeal to stale old Tories and have a serious lack of leadership so are completely missing the chance to appeal to the disenchanted masses. Still, they have the draw that the Tories are so vile and incompetent that I may yet be forced to vote for them.

Last edited:
I agree Peter, Gove in particular is far worse than Cameron and Osborne isn't much better. You can probably pick any one of them and offer reasons for them being catapulted into the Irish Sea on a rough day but Cameron is by no means as bad as many of the others.

Lol, I haven't had a bong in years, my mrs sends me outside so it's completely impractical! I lost my faith in Labour some time into Blair's reign. In the times that we're in Labour should be cleaning up but instead they're still trying so hard to appeal to stale old Tories and have a serious lack of leadership so are completely missing the chance to appeal to the disenchanted masses. Still, they have the draw that the Tories are so vile and incompetent that I may yet be forced to vote for them.
Hey Rowntree, I also have a Mrs that also sends me outside.
Tell me, would you say you are a Trostskyite?

Surely political parties move where the votes are. The electorate move, and the parties act accordingly. If the policies appeal enough the party wins.

Cameron isn't great, but you know something? I reckon he'd let you smoke inside. :D

I enjoy both the Smiths and capitalism.
How dare you! You can't do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Surely political parties move where the votes are. The electorate move, and the parties act accordingly. If the policies appeal enough the party wins.

Cameron isn't great, but you know something? I reckon he'd let you smoke inside. :D
Hi Johnny, I think you're right but I wonder if the role of political leaders is not to follow what they think the public wants but to lead them? I think they call it conviction politics.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom