UK politician Leanne Wood weighs in Morrissey position over Spacey accusations

A

Anonymous

I found a story on Leanne Wood' s Facebook page - the leader of the Welsh nationalist party Plaid Cymru who have sitting MPs in Westminster.

41462_20171120_leanne_wood.png

Strange that she is so concerned about what Morrissey has said. She doesn't want anything to do with us English! We are the DEVIL!

Aaaaannd there we go. 'Who is she, she's irrelevant', etc, etc.

She's the leader of a major political party.

Aaaaannd there we go. 'Who is she, she's irrelevant', etc, etc.

She's the leader of a major political party.
It's not a 'major political party'. If it was, she would be the Welsh First Minister. Her mission and her whole career is to remove Wales from the UK, which there isn't support for from the Welsh.

They are a major political party in Wales, and, AFAIK, they’re committed to greater devolution rather than independence for which there’s far less public support than in the other devolved nations (6% in the last poll I saw versus 45% for in the Scottish referendum).

I’m not Welsh but I think it’s a pity we don’t have more politicians with Wood’s instinct and acumen in the rest of the UK. This is just another instance of a politician getting it spot on about Morrissey. The last time that happened was when David Cameron came out as a Smiths fan; finding myself in accord with Leanne Wood leaves me feeling less icky.

(I have three in the troll vote sweepstake, by the way)

'He' never spoke for her. Or any of us. 'He' never undertsood us.
He only ever spoke for himself.
Anything else? Just weakness on our part.
Weakness and desperation, understandable & forgivable enough, given the context of the age (in both senses).
But to blame him now for leaving 'us' and 'letting down a generation' is, basically, mmmental.

Back
Top Bottom