UK Meat is Murder tour poster question

Michael Mahan

AFF36D27-1AB1-4C85-8A37-C2F25A6B3D7A.jpeg
I picked up this Promo sized poster in 91 in the condition you see here. I haven’t seen another one since. Does anyone know anything about it or has one? I want to know more about it.

Thanks, Michael

View attachment 44964 I picked up this Promo sized poster in 91 in the condition you see here. I haven’t seen another one since. Does anyone know anything about it or has one? I want to know more about it.

Thanks, Michael
Personal gut feeling is that it's possibly a reproduction. It's in the style of many similar types of poster, but appears to be close to an inverted 'On Tour with James' poster minus the James part.
Are there any forms of poster branding/copyrights/makers identified anywhere on the front that are not visible in your picture?
Someone here will probably know more.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
D220B9B2-D5CE-406E-A4F1-0996A8F241A1.jpeg
Thanks for your response. No branding or labeling, it was purchased along with the Hatful of Hollow and TWWL posters pictured here from a monthly record show and had a couple of different tape hanging remains and the creases and stains. The poster had some serious wall time when I picked it up in 91. The seller was a fan and they were all sold for a few dollars each, because of the condition. That would be just six years after it would have been made. This was a time before repos became a thing (before the internet etc). It should be authentic, just not sure of origin. It can’t be German etc with UK dates? Repos did start showing up a few years after, which made me very angry at the time as I had already collected about 50 posters by then. Everyday is like Sunday was one of the first, as there was no actual release poster for it. The Live with James poster didn’t ever seem to so show up at the time. I have the Subway version now, but the paper just doesn’t feel right for the age of the poster. Unfortunately I’m highly suspicious of posters these days. Hopefully someone has it or knows more about it. It can’t be the only one.

Thanks, Michael

Can’t tell you much about the poster but I went to the Manchester date, I think this was the first set of The Queen is dead dates and were pre Craig Gannon.

View attachment 44964 I picked up this Promo sized poster in 91 in the condition you see here. I haven’t seen another one since. Does anyone know anything about it or has one? I want to know more about it.

Thanks, Michael

Hey Michael,

The Meat is Murder tour poster was printed under license and sold in record stores, got mine in Our Price.

The same applies to the World Won't Listen, Hatful of Hollow and the German Barbarism posters. German one you obviously had to get from Germany!

The American 'On tour' is original.

Hope this is of some help.

Hey Michael,

The Meat is Murder tour poster was printed under license and sold in record stores, got mine in Our Price.

The same applies to the World Won't Listen, Hatful of Hollow and the German Barbarism posters. German one you obviously had to get from Germany!

The American 'On tour' is original.

Hope this is of some help.

Thanks, I was hoping it had been known about. I just haven't seen it sold anywhere over the years. What is Our Price, A record Store?

Yep, it was a record store. Was a big chain, but back then, there were lots of independent record stores and you could get all sorts of amazing things from them.

Back
Top Bottom