UK gigs before Christmas ?

EastOfEden

Will Mozzer really finish this tour in Atlanta? Do you think he might do a UK gig before the end of the year?

No idea, but I'm willing to start the rumour. You know what it's like on here, one post is a rumour, two posts it becomes likely and by four posts it becomes FACT!:D

Jukebox Jury

Well here's the fourth post. America is not the world, it just seems like it as far as concerts are concerned. I have a gut feeling that Mozzer will do a few UK concerts around Christmas.

Of course I agree too.
Don't forget there's his family in Manchester.
Everybody should spend Christmas with their family. Isn't it sad to be alone on the 25th of December? It's much more beautiful to wake up, see your mum and dad and oper your presents.
And while he's in the UK why not doing a couple of shows?

I started the rumour months ago about him playing Manchester at christmas time, where's kewpie ffs? :)

love

Grim

I prey for no concerts in the UK in December since I'm not home then and can't fly to see the shows. Springtime however...:)

Be careful, the NME might print this on their front cover next week. ;)

Damn, you're right! Initiate Counter-NME measures. We'd better create a "Morrissey will retire!!!"-thread in Mozwa to keep them off the hook.

He can't!

Last year I had booked Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, this year it's the Wizard of Oz, so we can't miss that.

I desperately want him to play a few gigs in Manchester again this December. I can't believe it's been almost a year since I last saw Moz and the boys. He better announce it soon though, as getting time of work so close to xmas is a pain for me. If I could, I'd have gone to see him in the US, but I earn a pittance; I envy these rich Moz fans for one reason only, they can see him at the drop of the proverbial hat.
My boss knows how devoted I am to Morrissey though; last year I pleaded for the 22nd and 23rd of Dec with the words: "You have to let me go, I love him". It was an Oscar worthy performance. :D

Much as I hope and pray for these things to happen (and I really do), this seems rather unlikely:

A) The statement - This leg of the US tour is supposed to be "the last shows Morrissey will play for the forseeable future." Yes, that could have been marketing hype, but it's gonna look pretty bad for him now if he says, "I wasn't really being serious about that..."

B) The band - Most of them are American, and the last thing they're gonna want to do is haul themselves over to Europe at Xmas when they've all got families to be with.

C) The schedule - Come on, he's been touring virtually non-stop all year. I know he lives to perform, but I think we'd all like to see him survive beyond 50.

I hate to be the downer on this party of speculation, but someone's got to do the reality check.

Coiff.

I. If I could, I'd have gone to see him in the US, but I earn a pittance; I envy these rich Moz fans for one reason only, QUOTE]

well not everybody who do fly over is rich- I live off 500 euro for a whole month- i bought everything (flight,concert card)on credit card and pay back with 70 euro rates...i just have to be there no matter if i bankrupt myself...almost:)
I need to have that concert atmosphere now at do not want to wait 2 years(I have the feeling that he will release an album round about this 50 th birthday)and stretch my wings and discover NY..

Last edited:
A) The statement - This leg of the US tour is supposed to be "the last shows Morrissey will play for the forseeable future." Yes, that could have been marketing hype, but it's gonna look pretty bad for him now if he says, "I wasn't really being serious about that..."

This may be the marketing trick:

"the last shows Morrissey will play in the US for the forseeable future."

So that way he could do some X-mas shows in the UK. :D

I desperately want him to play a few gigs in Manchester again this December. I can't believe it's been almost a year since I last saw Moz and the boys. He better announce it soon though, as getting time of work so close to xmas is a pain for me. If I could, I'd have gone to see him in the US, but I earn a pittance; I envy these rich Moz fans for one reason only, they can see him at the drop of the proverbial hat.
My boss knows how devoted I am to Morrissey though; last year I pleaded for the 22nd and 23rd of Dec with the words: "You have to let me go, I love him". It was an Oscar worthy performance. :D

LOL, "you have to let me go i love him, and if i have to work then your gonna wish i wasnt."
nicely done...

Lottie! Where did you get your sig photo, it's stunning.

OK back on subject: I thought Morrissey was ending his tour in Miami, not Atlanta.

Much as I hope and pray for these things to happen (and I really do), this seems rather unlikely:

Coiff.

the 1st last gig of the UK ROTT tour was London May 28th. According to the set list that is. Then he came back to the UK after doing European gigs & the December 23rd gig set list says last of the tour. Now he's done the US, so let's hope that it's still not the final finale :)

love

Grim

Back
Top Bottom