UK election - Duffygate

The other thing about this story is that this can only enhance Clegg's rating. The Tory papers were gunning for him, and with the heat off just before the last TV debate, he couldn't be happier.

P.

Oh I dunno, this election has seen the press in all its forms being about a day slower than social networking etc. Everyone has underestimated the power of instant media.

In other words the press barons are somewhat powerless...24 hour rolling news on the other hand.

Incidentally Jose Mourinho; twat or genius?

Everytime I see it its getting funnier!

I was listening to the excellent Jeremy Vine show live when it happened this afternoon. JV was grilling Brown on several key issues, and as you would expect, Brown wouldn't give a direct answer. He then questioned him about his comment to Mrs Duffy, he said he wasn't aware of using that word - JV then said "well we have the recording right here", and played it to him, and the nation - live. I pissed myself laughing. What a f***-up. :lbf:

I listened to Break Up The Family this morning - the first line made me laugh.

Vote Labour

Poor Gordon. I just want to give him a hug.

Wasn't that true about Labour & Murdoch until about a year ago?

Would be a bit hypocritical to aim it solely at the Tories.

All true, it's just that right now Murdoch wants the Tories in. Having said that, I see in the current issue of Private Eye, Murdoch Snr is still yet to be convinced by Cameron, and his son, who stormed into the Independent's office to have a go at Martin Kelner, is the main driving force behind wanting a change, so it should probably have been him holding the puppet strings.

Peter

Why doesn't he just tell the truth? What is all this about feeling terrible about hurting her feelings? He feels terrible that he forgot he was wearing a microphone.

Because he still wants to win. GB might as well got his wang out and slapped it across Mrs Duffy's face should he not apologies and said he felt terrible that he forgot he was wearing a microphone. That's what the people want these days.

Oh I dunno, this election has seen the press in all its forms being about a day slower than social networking etc. Everyone has underestimated the power of instant media.

In other words the press barons are somewhat powerless...24 hour rolling news on the other hand.

6a00d83451586c69e20133ed0d4d82970b-800wi

haters will be hatin'!

What a surprise that The Scum has paid the stupid old dear 50k for her story.:crazy:

I don't think it'll make any difference whatsoever to the voting outcome. Labour supporters will defend him, labour opposition will deride him.

What sickened me most was the way the journalists were so obviously digging for a story from Duffy, the way they were going on at her you'd think they wanted to her to say "yes, I felt suicidal".

And as for Jose...:horny: he's a f***ing genius. That trenchcoat of his...yum.

A wang slapped across their face? :p No, you mean a transparent lie that no one will believe but that is more comfortable than someone speaking the truth.

Exactement. And he doesn't want her to vote for the BNP. So he's willing to lie to her initially, then stupidly forget his microphone is on, and then PRETEND he didn't mean what he said, and offer her an apology. The whole thing illustrates that he seems to be less than completely capable, and scrambling to cover his mistakes with lies.

As far as I'm concerned, except Emotional Guide Dog who is a Conservative Party supporter, most of UK users don't want Cameron to be a new prime minister.

As far as I'm concerned, except Emotional Guide Dog who is a Conservative Party supporter, most of UK users don't want Cameron to be a new prime minister.

I don't want David Cameron to be new prime minister & I'm voting Lib Dem.

I want the current incarnation of the Labour party to fall into the sea & die. I

......This is all too reminiscent of the "JuliaGate" scandal for me to handle...

Latest news I heard this morning, is that the "Mail on Sunday" has isolated Mrs. Duffy somewhere, away from any Media contact,paid her £80,000, and will publish her version of what Gordon said to her at their private meeting in sundays edition......

The "Mail" actually PAYING a Bigot for a story???? Now....There's a Turn up....

Because he still wants to win. GB might as well got his wang out and slapped it across Mrs Duffy's face.

would that help in a hung Parliament?

Pr firm Bell Pottinger (big tory connections) are thought to have offered Mrs Duffy 75,000 for 'her story'.
If she takes the bait her story will run in one of the tory supporting rags, with their own special editing of course slanted to make it much worse for Labour.

The free press my arse.

Just heard that she has been paid 50k for the story by ... The f***ing Sun.

According to the Independent she refused to sell her story to the sun. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...tune-played-by-lsquothe-sunrsquo-1958667.html

Apparently she "turned down the chance to make a small fortune from selling her story to The Sun because the newspaper wanted her to say things she did not believe."

Dave

Back
Top Bottom