UK chart position, day one (#2) - true-to-you.net

Re: TTY - UK chart position, day one (#2)

There is zero chance then for a 4th solo number 1 (in four subsequent decades).
Gutted.
I blame whoever thought it wise to release 4 songs long before the album's release (two of which are the worst on the album) and not release a traditional lead-off single. Very unnecessary!

In some ways the marketing seems better than for YoR - I recall in Australia it took weeks for YoR to be stocked in the big box record shops. This time around the WPINOYB CD was on the shelf last Friday, there was in-store promo and it had a prominent spot on the shelf.
The spoken word videos had people who normally wouldn't even be aware of what Morrissey was up to talking about them & posting them on their Facebook. I've also seen reviews in the mainstream media press...I don't think it all has to be TV shows and magazines, the youth aren't really watching telly anymore.

Pitiful. Just pitiful. Doesn't the man have any other interests? Please stop this desperate, obsessive and dismaying clamour for chart positions. Wasn't that dreary biography clamour enough for anyone's lifetime? I want Morrissey to have success with this, and indeed, most of his albums, but this fetish is not only sad, it displays a rather worrying, compulsive behaviour issue. Bored. Bored. Bored.

i dont really care either way myself. i mean if he wants to try for chart position why should i or anyone care.

I want to get the album on vinyl to help Moz.

Does anyone know if the sale is counted on the UK charts if I'm using a UK debit card (and purchasing on Amazon UK), but posting it to an address outside the UK? Cheers.

Wow, Ed Sheeran on top with only 12,000? That says a lot about my chart knowledge - I thought you'd need at least 25-30,000 to top!

Pitiful. Just pitiful. Doesn't the man have any other interests? Please stop this desperate, obsessive and dismaying clamour for chart positions. Wasn't that dreary biography clamour enough for anyone's lifetime? I want Morrissey to have success with this, and indeed, most of his albums, but this fetish is not only sad, it displays a rather worrying, compulsive behaviour issue. Bored. Bored. Bored.

Isn't it great to be mind boggling negative towards someone one the internet? And fun to be anonymous too! All you little snipes and whines against Morrissey because someone on a website promotes more sales of the record.

This is the internet today. Little people with big mouths bitching anonymously. My god, have a word with yourself.

if its from the uk store it should count towards the uk charts and not matter about the shipping or where the card is issued.

Wow, Ed Sheeran on top with only 12,000? That says a lot about my chart knowledge - I thought you'd need at least 25-30,000 to top!
When he first entered the charts he suold alot more than that he released the album last month. Also it depends whos albums have been released if ed hadn't had his out morrissey would have easily been top, some weeks you'd only have to sell half of what moz got and been #1. He's lucky they didnt release on the same week, ed sold over 300k.

Last edited:
Sheeran's lead has jumped from 1700 to approximately 6000, which is probably down to Morrissey sales grinding to a screeching half after Monday. I suspect 15k is now optimistic.

Sheeran's lead has jumped from 1700 to approximately 6000, which is probably down to Morrissey sales grinding to a screeching half after Monday. I suspect 15k is now optimistic.
How many more has Moz sold now?

I don't have exact figures, but it cannot be many. I doubt Sheeran sold more than 8-9k on Tuesday.

I've bought the f***ing thing twice Steven, what else do you want from me?

Isn't it great to be mind boggling negative towards someone one the internet? And fun to be anonymous too! All you little snipes and whines against Morrissey because someone on a website promotes more sales of the record.

This is the internet today. Little people with big mouths bitching anonymously. My god, have a word with yourself.

--------

Hilarious response. Really? You 'snipe' at me and others as "Little people with big mouths bitching anonymously" and then incredulously add your post anonymously. In my mind I wasn't sniping, whining or bitching merely expressing an opinion as a fan. And please leave your god out of it. There is too much fiction in here already. PS: you may be interested to know that the word I had with myself was 'plankton'.

Ed Sheeran is number 5 on Google Play and Morrissey is number 21. In a strange twist of fate, though, The Smiths are number one...

Weird Al Wotsname is number 6.

As of close of business yesterday:

Sheeran 22.4k
Morrissey 13.5k

Oddly, it looks as though Morrissey may have sold slightly more on Wednesday than he did the day before (9k>11.2k>13.5k so far this week).

The Queen Is Dead sits at #25 overall due to the Google Play promotion.

Re: TTY - UK chart position, day one (#2)

Boredom sets in at the asylum, I see.

Not enough to prevent you logging on to this site when you should be doing your online Cognitive Behavioural Therapy exercises. Get a life, get a screen-name & never imagine in your wildest dreams that your petty little ripostes ever reach "BrummieBoy"'s retina.

tara!
Shazza
The Secretary

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom