UK chart position, day one (#2) - true-to-you.net

Re: TTY - UK chart position, day one (#2)

There is zero chance then for a 4th solo number 1 (in four subsequent decades).
Gutted.
I blame whoever thought it wise to release 4 songs long before the album's release (two of which are the worst on the album) and not release a traditional lead-off single. Very unnecessary!

Are the pre-orders, bundles, digital sales and physical sales all part of that 9k?
Baffling if so.

Pre-orders are added first, digital included. I'm not sure the bundles would count towards the chart given that they are sold through the record company rather than a retailer. That would be a question for Universal.

Thanks. And Spotify streams?
Anyway, it seems only a couple of thousand people actually went out and bought the album the old-fashioned way.

Come on. This is exciting.
To get to number2 would be fantastic with Manics and Ed Sheeran nearby
This is just an amazing job.
After all this time away, a few days in France with a decent producer and they have this. Fantastic.
So, stop moaning and go home and listen to it !
But god, album number2 is so close too. Is this real ? I mean I tried posting
this yesterday but the last 4 tracks on this album are the best 4 tracks
ive heard together since 197x.

Meanwhile,

Hazard.
England.

Maybe he's unhappy with the album and that's why he isn't promoting it?

Unless he's ill I find it absurd that he's disappeared.

I think he's angry at Harvest for failing to get any of the four 'singles' on the radio and has refused to cooperate since.

I think he's angry at Harvest for failing to get any of the four 'singles' on the radio and has refused to cooperate since.

There has to be a reason for his disappearing act. He was promoting tours with no record deal last year!

I really want him to get a #1 just so he knows that we still love him here in England. It could be just what we need to get him to tour here again! Especially considering how good an album it is!

There has to be a reason for his disappearing act. He was promoting tours with no record deal last year!

That isn't true in the slightest, ever since Istanbul was released it's been constantly played on BBC Radio 2 and on their A-list Playlist (Approx 25 plays a week) it's only since the release of the album on Monday they bumped it down to their C-list (Approx 5 plays a week), but WPINOYB is their album of the week too, so they're playing stuff off the rest of the album too. BBC Radio 6 Music has also been playing them.

Edit - And XFM!

Last edited:
There seems 2 be some confusion here!

If I buy my deluxe copy of the CD now from amazon, (got the tab open and logged in ready to order ) will it definitly count towards sales figures?

Or should I just wait and pop down to HMV tomarra and buy it from them just to be on the safe side?

I should of e-mailed amazon 2 ask but time is of the essence!!!!

Were on a mission here ! we NEED this album to go to number 1 in the charts - just for morrissey!!!!! :)

Really looking forward 2 this new album cant wait! I normally buy morrisseys albums the very day they come out, mind you im only one day late!

Morrissey allways and forever ! :)

Last edited:
There seems 2 be some confusion here!

If I buy my deluxe copy of the CD now from amazon, (got the tab open and logged in ready to order ) will it definitly count towards sales figures? .....

Amazon almost certainly count,

http://www.officialcharts.com/faqs/ said:
Where do you collect sales from?

The simple answer is all significant retailers. These retailers span independent stores, high street chains, supermarkets, internet mail order and download services. As a result, we estimate that we capture around 99% of all singles sold, 98% of all albums and over 90% of all videos/DVDs.

They count pretty much everything from everyone :)

I know everyone is knocking the promotion, but how many ill-promoted albums debut at number 2?

It was a boneheaded move to release a full 1/4 of the LP in advance if you wanted a number one position. And it a total SHITE move to use the word "oust".
Crikey.

Amazon almost certainly count,

They count pretty much everything from everyone :)

Well that pretty much clears that up once and for all then.

Thanks for the Info! :thumb:

Anyways the hour is quite late, (even for me a true "niteowl" were im awake all thru the nite till...well id rather not say! had this routine for years! ) 2 be messing around doing online shopping at this silly hour, so Im getting my copy from HMV tommora instead!

Plus In the middle of having a little glass of wine whilst watching a movie on DVD anyways !
A good ole black n white movie from years ago which are directed properly.
I HATE these modern day movies were the camera shakes all over the damm place!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I refuse 2 watch em!
BBFN ! :)

Last edited:

Anyways the hour is quite late, (even for me a true "niteowl" were im awake all thru the nite till...well id rather not say! had this routine for years! ) 2 be messing around doing online shopping at this silly hour, so Im getting my copy from HMV tommora instead!

Plus In the middle of having a little glass of wine whilst watching a movie on DVD anyways !
I HATE these modern day movies were the camera shakes all over the damm place!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I refuse 2 watch em!

What film are you watching?
And, how are you doing??
xx

I refuse 2 watch em!

I rewatched The Last Sunset. Do you know that one? xx

It definately deserves a number 1, but I don't have faith in counting the sales, with pre-orders, online shopping, etc

btw, what happened with Keane who got 350 copies sold more, to get YATQ number 1 ?

'and they say he's mentall'... it's comes in my top 3 all time Morrissey albums after 5 days having it...

I rewatched The Last Sunset. Do you know that one? xx

What film are you watching?
And, how are you doing??
xx

Nope never heard of the last sunset , will look it up tho, strangly enough tho just watched the classic b/w movie Sunset boulevard!

Its a tragic movie all about this woman miss norma desmond, who is past her best in films, a complete failure (but dont tell her that!) and she still thinks shes a fantastic "worldwide movie star" , and even watches herself over and over again in her own home movie studio, shes so convinced shes gunna make a succefull comeback on screen , the incredible believe in her self is unshakable ! LOL :) its a tragic movie, so wonderfull 2 watch! :)

But there is a happy ending, wont tell and spoil it!

I recommend it, I watch it quite often 4 some strange reason!

Im doing ok thanks! got some problems but who doesnt!

One of my all time fav movies tho is the classic b/w movie "12 angry men" a court room drama, if anyone hasnt seen it, please watch it!
Its fantastic !!!! :)

This one guy on the jury proves them all wrong in the end!

Last edited:
I wanna jump to the UK to grab a copy to support poor old Moz. This album is really strong and shows a lot of aspects that are very refreshing and new whilst it is obviously an album that pays tribute to a lot of the Smiths' classics. It's the 3rd best moz's album at least. Go buy a copy you lazy buggers.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom