UK chart position, day one (#2) - true-to-you.net

Re: TTY - UK chart position, day one (#2)

There is zero chance then for a 4th solo number 1 (in four subsequent decades).
Gutted.
I blame whoever thought it wise to release 4 songs long before the album's release (two of which are the worst on the album) and not release a traditional lead-off single. Very unnecessary!

I've still got to procure my copy from my local HMV, I'm sure my purchase will give Morrissey the hallowed number one position. Alas the earliest I can buy it is Thursday or Friday as I'm busy.

Tragic for an artist of Morrissey's calibre to be begging and crawling like this for the sake of a no.1 album.

While the only track that initially grabbed me was 'Istanbul', I'm still thinking about purchasing the album. Oddly, Amazon is currently offering the mp3 version of the album only. What gives? Maybe I'll pop into the local record store and have a peek later. At any rate, what's wrong with #2? Doesn't seem like a tragedy that needs ameliorating by means of us buying multiple albums...

Incidentally, I would jump all over a 10" vinyl w/ 'Istanbul' on it! :D

Tragic for an artist of Morrissey's calibre to be begging and crawling like this for the sake of a no.1 album.

It's entirely possible that the moderator of TTY posted that without the direct instruction of the man himself. Although he almost certainly approves of such obsequious behavior, or he'd disapprove that website as well.

Last edited:

He's not begging, he's letting us in the loop. You guys are so negative about this, stop whining and go solve the problem. It's so easy.

I couldn't see a proper marketing campaign, at least here in Germany. Not one printed review in the big music papers, no ads - will all hopefully happen at the end of this month, but this is too late.

Sign of the times to release tracks as DL in advance, ok, but 4 of them? No physical single for the man who formerly took care of every aspect of his releases, sleeves and even the design of the inner core of the 7"? No wonder that there wasn't real chart impact, something that seems to be so important for Morrissey.

Not to mention the cheap standard package, paper thin and without a booklet. Though there is a exclusive booklet to the Deluxe CD, it does only contain lyrics to 12 songs. The Japanese deluxe will come with the added spoken word videos on CD-E and hopefully with the complete lyrics, too.

The album is so great, it deserves full attention of the responsible marketing division. Bundles that don't arrive in time, a Vinyl release that is postponed a week (so can't add sales in this first week), a 10" nobody knows when and where to get in advance - no good signs!

I think the marketing campaign has been great- they are doing what they can without his help.

He's not begging, he's letting us in the loop. You guys are so negative about this, stop whining and go solve the problem. It's so easy.

There is no problem. He's being pathetic.

I couldn't see a proper marketing campaign, at least here in Germany. Not one printed review in the big music papers, no ads - will all hopefully happen at the end of this month, but this is too late.

Sign of the times to release tracks as DL in advance, ok, but 4 of them? No physical single for the man who formerly took care of every aspect of his releases, sleeves and even the design of the inner core of the 7"? No wonder that there wasn't real chart impact, something that seems to be so important for Morrissey.

Not to mention the cheap standard package, paper thin and without a booklet. Though there is a exclusive booklet to the Deluxe CD, it does only contain lyrics to 12 songs. The Japanese deluxe will come with the added spoken word videos on CD-E and hopefully with the complete lyrics, too.

The album is so great, it deserves full attention of the responsible marketing division. Bundles that don't arrive in time, a Vinyl release that is postponed a week (so can't add sales in this first week), a 10" nobody knows when and where to get in advance - no good signs!

Well the 10" was essentially a physical single, and I would have purchased it, but it was made thoroughly difficult to obtain. Frustrating. I didn't have the time to go on a wild hunt for it.

Number 2 in the UK charts is pretty damn good. I've never had an album in the UK charts place at number 2, so, you know, well done I guess. Morrissey - 1, Pokey - 0.

There is zero chance then for a 4th solo number 1 (in four subsequent decades).
Gutted.
I blame whoever thought it wise to release 4 songs long before the album's release (two of which are the worst on the album) and not release a traditional lead-off single. Very unnecessary!

He might do; couldn't he overtake Sheeran? And he's on a tweo record deal. I agree with everything else though...

album ad sightings in cologne, frankfurt and berlin

https://twitter.com/lotta_trash/status/486515632478121985

http://iconosquare.com/viewer.php#/detail/760882376524623548_242051722

http://iconosquare.com/viewer.php#/detail/762885046860759518_50196519

http://iconosquare.com/viewer.php#/detail/765174877895589089_415530318

Ed Sheeran is wonderful, but so it this new "Morrissey". I hope that the world of mouth buzz builds around the water-coolers & pubs in the next few days to present a wonderful surprise #1 chart placing.

We can all so easily mock and do the *rollseyes* but "Morrissey" has an Inner Child who is sitting listening to the radio hour after hour, hoping to hear a song by his favourite pop-star "Morrissey". This poor confused child wanders into newsagents looking for Jackie, Sounds & other long-vanished artefacts, switches on the telly in the luxurious hotel suite frantically trying to find TOTP at 7:00pm and then looks out at modern day.......looks out at wherever in the world the other "Morrissey" has taken him. The grown up, ruthless, scary "Morrissey" scans sales spreadsheets and adds to the white-board in the War Room Bunker which is located just down the corridor from the Presidential Suite.

If you're rich and feeling rather silly, please buy another copy so that the Inner Child "Morrissey" doesn't have to face another corporate blood-bath by scary "Morrissey, if the final result of Week 1's campaign is a big, fat Number Two staring back from the porcelain bowl. Give it to a random stranger in the street with a bunch of flowers and/or a box of chocolates. All that random act of kindness stuff. "Morrissey" may be a troubled multimillionaire misanthrope but even as we watch the chaos in Gaza, our compassion should surely also extend to "Troubled Morrissey". I will now drive to my local church and light a candle and say a prayer, hoping that G*d intervenes to ensure "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" ends the tryannical maniacal immodest success story that is "Ed Sheeran".

With every devout prayer for a #1
BrummieBoy
at the grave of Edward Elgar.

Boredom sets in at the asylum, I see.

i don't see it that way at all. i think it seems like a bit of encouraged fun in a race between the popular newbie and the golden oldie.

There is no problem. He's being pathetic.

The problem is the concept of rallying the troops is lost on the nation that coined the term "rallying the troops." But let's call Morrissey pathetic for nudging a group effort because that's accomplishing something. He's pathetic for other reasons but not for seeing a glimmer of hope for his numbers hobby.

Ah finally, have seen the poster today at eBay for the first time! Good to see that at least something is out - couldn't see anything in the stores, was pleased that they had the discs themselves (though Saturn had the standard CD promoted in their current offers). Are these subway posters? (Can only open he first link)

The problem is the concept of rallying the troops is lost on the nation that coined the term "rallying the troops." But let's call Morrissey pathetic for nudging a group effort because that's accomplishing something. He's pathetic for other reasons but not for seeing a glimmer of hope for his numbers hobby.

The problem with this is you are judging a whole country - well several countries, in actual fact - based on the whining of a small minority on this website.

Maybe we should judge the USA based on what US posters write....

american here in the u.k thread but i went to the record store and they were selling a bunch according to the sales clerk. they had copies behind the counter because they were spending to much time trying to sticker everything and were just giving those out when you bought one. i liked that the inside photo was one of the band and not of the man himself. everyone had jerseys on though so i dont know what thats about.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom