U.S. politicians are dumber than the typical American

This is absolute proof that they are worthy representatives of their constituency. I highly doubt most Americans knows these things either which is just as sad.

I took this years quiz and scored a 9 out of 10 missing the "wall of separation of church and state" question. (Yay - philosopher king.) Shamefully I immediately saw separation of church and state, clicked 'constitution' and moved on. Basically, I did not read the question. I will hit myself on the hand with a ruler for that one. However, I did read on to the sites conclusions. In my opinion their major findings are a little off or a misrepresentation at best.

MAJOR FINDING 1 : A College Degree Fails to Promote Active Civic Engagement Beyond Voting
If I was going to promote this as a major finding I would have sought clarification. I would venture to guess that someone that went to college for interpretive dance is less likely to participate in any of American Civil Literacy's criteria whereas someone that went to college for political science, history or law is more likely to participate.
The criteria was:
  • Give money to a political campaign
  • Try to influence how others vote
  • Attend a political meeting or rally
  • Work on a political campaign
  • Contact a public official
  • Sign a political petition
  • Publish a letter to the editor

The list goes on with their findings but I will not bore you with details.

Back
Top Bottom