U.S. Dates not on sale yet

Checked Ticketmaster and the Boston show goes on pre-sale Friday at 10 and regular on Saturday. I better get tix.

Question: On Stubhub there are people selling tickets for the show in Detroit (Ann Arbor) for absurd prices, but it is not listed on Ticketmaster. Does this mean it sold out, or are those people just phonies and the concert hasn't gone on sale yet?

Thanks.

They're short selling the tickets. You have a better chance at getting tickets for face value if you wait until the presale or onsale and see what you can get before turning to the bloodthirsty secondary market. Don't panic.

The Boston show is going to be GA.. and the new revamped space looks hideous from the outside unfortunately..

i dont imagine it would sell out in the presale and seeing as I already have purchased TWO copies of the album via the iTunes presale scam (it should have some system of knowing that you already purchased the album instead of making you purchase 2/3/4 digital copies of an album)

I think I may wait until saturday and save the $10

here are some images of the HOB space from the outside

img4057pq2.jpg

img3099id2.jpg

Question: On Stubhub there are people selling tickets for the show in Detroit (Ann Arbor) for absurd prices, but it is not listed on Ticketmaster. Does this mean it sold out, or are those people just phonies and the concert hasn't gone on sale yet?

Thanks.

Tickets haven't gone on sale yet for Ann Arbor. Ticket brokers begin listing tickets at outrageous prices before the onsale date, fishing for desperate fans to bite. They know they'd have no problem getting tickets for half that sale price, even on the secondary market.

Just relax and be patient. Ticketmaster hasn't even listed the show yet, and Michigan Theater says it uses Ticketmaster. If you miss out on Ticketmaster, I also would wait a couple weeks before buying from brokers because the prices they charge after the initial on-sale are always outrageous; they know they have an audience of desperate fans at that point freaking out that they're going to be locked out.

I'm excited for the AA show. I was bummed initially that Moz isn't coming out West this leg, but I happen to be visiting UM that week and it works out perfectly.

The Boston show is going to be GA.. and the new revamped space looks hideous from the outside unfortunately..

i dont imagine it would sell out in the presale and seeing as I already have purchased TWO copies of the album via the iTunes presale scam (it should have some system of knowing that you already purchased the album instead of making you purchase 2/3/4 digital copies of an album)

I think I may wait until saturday and save the $10

here are some images of the HOB space from the outside

img4057pq2.jpg

img3099id2.jpg

try to buy them through hob member ticketing pre-sale via the HOB website. All you need to be a "member" is an email address. I bought Myrtle beach tickets through this method and it was an absolute breeze. I think the fees were even lower than ticketmaster (though not certain.)

Last edited:
LiveNation is also selling tix to the Boston show but no pre-sale. Their fees may be cheaper.

Although I do like the price on TicketMaster :)

Ticket Prices US $0.00

Thanks for the Pix Adam. Haven't been down to Landsdown in a couple months. Really making progress, but boy is that building f'ugly!

BTW, the HOB member tickets for Boston go on sale on Wednesday at 10am.

I'm not going to buy more tickets than I can use, as I got screwed doing this with the last Morrissey tour. I'll probably regret that, but times are tough and I don't need the stress of trying to unload extra tix.

Thanks for the Pix Adam. Haven't been down to Landsdown in a couple months. Really making progress, but boy is that building f'ugly!

BTW, the HOB member tickets for Boston go on sale on Wednesday at 10am.

I'm not going to buy more tickets than I can use, as I got screwed doing this with the last Morrissey tour. I'll probably regret that, but times are tough and I don't need the stress of trying to unload extra tix.

I don't know why I just didn't do a search. I could not find it on their regular listings. Thanks a bunch for that info. Tomorrow at 10am. Woohoo!

Yeah I just stumbled on to it today when I saw that TM and LiveNation were scheduling their pre-sales.

Very weird though. Ticketmaster still has the price set at $0.00 and HOB has the show's date for January 6th. Missed it!!! :eek: Seriously.. who's doing the data entry for these shows???

D.C. at last!!!!

Tickets for the March 14th date at Warner Theater in DC will go on sale this Friday, January 16th at 10am!

Details on Warner Theater's website:
http://www.warnertheatre.com/calendar.asp

I am so excited!! I've been checking every day, lol. Sometimes I feel like the only Morrissey fan in the Baltimore/DC area because I see very few posts here when Moz tours the area. :(

The HOB member presale today doesn't seem to be working. As noted, the date is listed as January 6th here too. Someone f***ed up!

Also, the HOB VIP package is onsale now via Live nation but it requires a pre-sale password. Any ideas?

The HOB member presale today doesn't seem to be working. As noted, the date is listed as January 6th here too. Someone f***ed up!

Also, the HOB VIP package is onsale now via Live nation but it requires a pre-sale password. Any ideas?

This is what I got from another on-sale on LiveNation which should answer your questions:

FOR THE CITI® PREFERRED, AND VIP PACKAGE OFFER ONLY:
Tickets can only be purchased with a Citi credit card. Citi and Citi with Arc Design are registered service marks of Citigroup.Inc.

PASSWORD INFORMATION FOR THE CITI® PREFERRED, AND VIP PACKAGE OFFER:
When prompted to enter your Passcode or Member Code on the billing information page; enter the first six (6) digits of your credit card account number (no dashes) located on the front of your Citi card.

THE CITI® CARDMEMBER VIP PACKAGE:
Purchase a Citi VIP Package and you'll enjoy access to the Foundation Room private lounge and bar, and priority entry into the music hall.

Dress Code/Age Restriction: You must be 21 and over and have a valid photo I.D. The Foundation Room dress code is business casual. Jeans can be worn, but must not be torn, faded, or oversized and should be worn with a collared shirt or blazer. T-shirts, sweatshirts, tennis shoes, sandals, baseball hats, tank tops, shorts, and torn clothing is not allowed. The Foundation Room Manager reserves the right to consult with you on appropriateness of attire.

Information: Your concert tickets (unless mailed) and VIP passes will be held at the Foundation Room podium. The Foundation Room lounge and bar area opens by 6:00pm.

Not sure how much more it would cost though. Might be worth if you want to be up front and want early entry. :)

this is posted at http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/770791/mtou?ac_link=morr08_ht

Ticket Presale and iTunes Album Preorder
Hurry and get your tickets during this special one-day-only presale! Preorder an iTunes digital download of his upcoming album, Years Of Refusal, and get early access to Morrissey tickets!

Find your event, and look for the Ticket + "Years of Refusal" iTunes download ($9.99 added). After purchasing, you'll receive a code to download the digital album on iTunes when it's released.

Offer valid Thursday 1/15/09 10AM - 10PM local
venue time for the following cities:
Columbus, OH - Palace Theatre

Offer valid Friday 1/16/09 10AM - 10PM local venue time for the following cities:
Boston, MA - House of Blues

Still no luck even with the Citi presale. I have a Citi credit card, but it kept saying that the password I entered was wrong. $45 doesn't seem excessively high for "VIP". I was figureing the regular tix would be around that same price.

Thanks for posting what you found. I'll let you know if I get any more info.

I'm starting to think that these tickets are reserved for LiveNation VIP Nation members. Otherwise, it makes no sense. Guess I'll have to wait a few more days.

I agree. I still have an email in to HOB/Live Nation. Will report back if anything useful comes of it.

Back
Top Bottom