Morrissey Central "Tyson Fury" (May 9, 2022)

Tyson Fury

IMG_7521_hthdqn.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Lets be honest, just cause you like a song, doesn't mean you like the artist.
That said, he is a typical M fan, not very clever, "im working class me " views
I actually like Fury, I think hes great. He has issues and he over comes them. Great boxer as well
I'd like you to explain your views on 'a typical M fan' more - I don't believe there is such a thing - certainly not in the last 25 or so years at least - with his lyrics being so relatable for such a diverse range of people...

Tyson Fury is staunchly homophobic. "There are only three things that need to be accomplished before the devil comes home [meaning before Satan rules the world]. One of them is homosexuality being legal in countries, one of them is abortion and the other is paedophilia." - Tyson Fury. Someone needs to tell him that Morrissey is queer! I'm really happy that Tyson has retired, I don't care to hear what he thinks about women or gay people anymore, I'm not into cancelling people but don't think he should claim to be a Moz fan.
I don't like this - in my opinion you should not separate and segregate people based on their beliefs. Fury likes Moz's music - the personal situation of Moz is irrelevant to this being the case.

I'd like you to explain your views on 'a typical M fan' more - I don't believe there is such a thing - certainly not in the last 25 or so years at least - with his lyrics being so relatable for such a diverse range of people...
I don't usually reply (or rarely do)
But I will say,
When one says "typical fan" it doesn't mean ALL the fans are like that or his fans are ALMOST exclusively like that. It's not that literal. It just pinpoints a certain section
The Smiths were a very English working-class band. They went against the middle-class ways of the day- now certain people try to make out, I mean ONLY the English "get them" or can relate to them
I am saying there are certain aspects that can only be related to, if you are British/Irish (for instance Corrie cover stars etc)
However, anyone who has a certain mindset, and feelings can relate no matter where you are from or what social group you were born into . Thats what makes music the greatest art form (for me)

M continued in his very English working-class vein when he went solo ( I relate to this as I am also working class ) .
The UK and Ireland are not like America where people are alike and MONEY is the divider. In the UK the working class had its own ways, Its not as true now, as it was, The UK is kinda like a shitty America now.
However, for M's age group down to mine and maybe down to a few years below mine. WE had our own ethics and culture.
Like likes like, thus The Smiths picked up that kinda of intelligent working-class fan base, among others (so did Joy Division and Echo and The Bunnymen etc)
Im not saying that type made up the whole Smiths audience, they made up a large part of it though, in the UK
In the USA they were a college radio band, to go to college over here you need $$$.
However, that spread out over time and more people found him , the Latinos etc (who tend to be more working class)
When M went solo , this fanbase, largely carried over. Though you only have to observe this website and go to gigs and you will see M's audience post 2000 became stupider and stupider, thicker and thicker
He has picked up loads of racist scum bags- the type who pretend they aren't by hiding under " I am just my own person", " anti-work" smoke screens
I went to a gig in Camden and on the tube, some M fan said " well, i don't believe the races should mingle"
He never had that fan base in his Smiths, early solo days .
The more stupid M fan base prob started coming on board in the mid 90s (i think) but it wasn't until post-2008 when they started to make a more sizable section, by post 2015 that element was bigger still
A friend of mine who was a huge fan, went to the last gigs in the UK and she said the kind of people there , were now largely scun. She is refusing to go to anymore
Now, I do not think they were mostly "scum" I am just saying, someone who has been to many gigs noticed the change on a big level
Tyson is one of the people says stuff like "I just say how I see it, I'm a real person, working class me" and then comes out with crap. M has picked up a number of that ilk.

I hope that helps

I don't usually reply (or rarely do)
But I will say,
When one says "typical fan" it doesn't mean ALL the fans are like that or his fans are ALMOST exclusively like that. It's not that literal. It just pinpoints a certain section
The Smiths were a very English working-class band. They went against the middle-class ways of the day- now certain people try to make out, I mean ONLY the English "get them" or can relate to them
I am saying there are certain aspects that can only be related to, if you are British/Irish (for instance Corrie cover stars etc)
However, anyone who has a certain mindset, and feelings can relate no matter where you are from or what social group you were born into . Thats what makes music the greatest art form (for me)

M continued in his very English working-class vein when he went solo ( I relate to this as I am also working class ) .
The UK and Ireland are not like America where people are alike and MONEY is the divider. In the UK the working class had its own ways, Its not as true now, as it was, The UK is kinda like a shitty America now.
However, for M's age group down to mine and maybe down to a few years below mine. WE had our own ethics and culture.
Like likes like, thus The Smiths picked up that kinda of intelligent working-class fan base, among others (so did Joy Division and Echo and The Bunnymen etc)
Im not saying that type made up the whole Smiths audience, they made up a large part of it though, in the UK
In the USA they were a college radio band, to go to college over here you need $$$.
However, that spread out over time and more people found him , the Latinos etc (who tend to be more working class)
When M went solo , this fanbase, largely carried over. Though you only have to observe this website and go to gigs and you will see M's audience post 2000 became stupider and stupider, thicker and thicker
He has picked up loads of racist scum bags- the type who pretend they aren't by hiding under " I am just my own person", " anti-work" smoke screens
I went to a gig in Camden and on the tube, some M fan said " well, i don't believe the races should mingle"
He never had that fan base in his Smiths, early solo days .
The more stupid M fan base prob started coming on board in the mid 90s (i think) but it wasn't until post-2008 when they started to make a more sizable section, by post 2015 that element was bigger still
A friend of mine who was a huge fan, went to the last gigs in the UK and she said the kind of people there , were now largely scun. She is refusing to go to anymore
Now, I do not think they were mostly "scum" I am just saying, someone who has been to many gigs noticed the change on a big level
Tyson is one of the people says stuff like "I just say how I see it, I'm a real person, working class me" and then comes out with crap. M has picked up a number of that ilk.

I hope that helps
Very informative - many thanks. Being a young fan (teen), and going to my first concert in Brighton in October, it's interesting to know about what you've observed about the fanbase. I'm still very much learning about that - I know much more about Moz's music and what that means to me. Thanks again

Very informative - many thanks. Being a young fan (teen), and going to my first concert in Brighton in October, it's interesting to know about what you've observed about the fanbase. I'm still very much learning about that - I know much more about Moz's music and what that means to me. Thanks again
Oh I went to visit a friend of mine who lived in Brighton a load- he was a nice guy, knew Julie Burchill etc
Brighton used to seem like a Smiths place and it was in the most shallow way
Doll and The KIcks who supported M, used to live there. Nice bunch. Its a music town etc.
But it became so "woke" , way before "woke" was even invented

You have two other bands who supported M, kinda who played at M's Meltdown
They were Preston from The Ordinary Boys and Martin from Gene
Preston from The Ordinary Boys, a classic example of a fan, a middle-class lad, who just doesn't get where M comes from and what he's about He and his gang have been slating M for years on social media .
Preston is a media person and knows people in there, so tends to appear on these M docs on British radio, even though the only contact with M, M pretty much is telling him to go away.
Also In Brighton (now Hove) is someone who did a better impression of an M solo b side,one Martin From Gene, he never got M either. He saw M's place and wanted it and so aped his music and ways (though apart from 3 or 4 quite good songs he failed big time. )

Although M didn't dislike Martin like he did Preston, he still wasn't keen on him
Which is wise, Martin is such a nasty wanker he talks a "lefty" game but tried to cut his old band out of a gig (while kinda pretending they were playing) and left his GF and 2 year old daughter to live with some mad American comedy person, whos money he is spending like its going out of style (he has form for that). The sad part is this person seems to only be with him, as he was in a Brit Pop band.

I say this stuff about Martin, which I wouldn't normally about someone, due to the way he knifed M in the back, with his badly written little music article. It was nasty. He used M when he was in fashion to get a fan base, and milked the more easily lead. Then years later when M was out of fashion in the UK, he knifed him big time.

The sad part is, although M didn't like Martin he did agree to do a music mag interview to help him - Alain sorted it out . Yow know, in M's mind, he was helping a fan.
Martin still has the picture on his social media page - M only spoke to him and a music writer for 10 mins in the Cat and Fiddle. Though the way Martin acts you would think they went on an all night bender
When you read Martins's article It's so badly written and its so pathetic with the truth, he says "we played a gig together " or something
As if it was equal billing. He is talking about Meltdown- M's Meltdown was about his influences and the bands he has influenced. So he got Gene back together for that.
Gene was one of many bands, they didn't even make the main stage, M got them to play near the bar area
The Ordinary Boys played Meltdown as well . As I say M was no way a fan of theirs and he didn't like the singer (Preston) , he wouldn't even let them hand backstage, when he was about
The only reason they made it was M knew their manager and a band pulled out. They were fans so it went with The Meltdown ethos.
Also, in Brighton, you have a number of Music writers who hate M. like Simon Price- when you get these anti-M articles they usually spring from some of these Brighton lot and their friends in London. Preston and Martin and these music writers are all friends, pretty much
People should consider this when they read articles.

I don't know much about Julie Burchell, but my friend said she is a M fan, though knows little about him, He said she is a classically wrapped person, so even though she is a fan she swings from saying nice things to being nasty about him- bit like M is with Bowie , he said

Lots of people in Brighton look down on Whitehawk, but I met some nice fans from there. They seemed more connected than the music monied music scene people.

Oh I went to visit a friend of mine who lived in Brighton a load- he was a nice guy, knew Julie Burchill etc
Brighton used to seem like a Smiths place and it was in the most shallow way
Doll and The KIcks who supported M, used to live there. Nice bunch. Its a music town etc.
But it became so "woke" , way before "woke" was even invented

You have two other bands who supported M, kinda who played at M's Meltdown
They were Preston from The Ordinary Boys and Martin from Gene
Preston from The Ordinary Boys, a classic example of a fan, a middle-class lad, who just doesn't get where M comes from and what he's about He and his gang have been slating M for years on social media .
Preston is a media person and knows people in there, so tends to appear on these M docs on British radio, even though the only contact with M, M pretty much is telling him to go away.
Also In Brighton (now Hove) is someone who did a better impression of an M solo b side,one Martin From Gene, he never got M either. He saw M's place and wanted it and so aped his music and ways (though apart from 3 or 4 quite good songs he failed big time. )

Although M didn't dislike Martin like he did Preston, he still wasn't keen on him
Which is wise, Martin is such a nasty wanker he talks a "lefty" game but tried to cut his old band out of a gig (while kinda pretending they were playing) and left his GF and 2 year old daughter to live with some mad American comedy person, whos money he is spending like its going out of style (he has form for that). The sad part is this person seems to only be with him, as he was in a Brit Pop band.

I say this stuff about Martin, which I wouldn't normally about someone, due to the way he knifed M in the back, with his badly written little music article. It was nasty. He used M when he was in fashion to get a fan base, and milked the more easily lead. Then years later when M was out of fashion in the UK, he knifed him big time.

The sad part is, although M didn't like Martin he did agree to do a music mag interview to help him - Alain sorted it out . Yow know, in M's mind, he was helping a fan.
Martin still has the picture on his social media page - M only spoke to him and a music writer for 10 mins in the Cat and Fiddle. Though the way Martin acts you would think they went on an all night bender
When you read Martins's article It's so badly written and its so pathetic with the truth, he says "we played a gig together " or something
As if it was equal billing. He is talking about Meltdown- M's Meltdown was about his influences and the bands he has influenced. So he got Gene back together for that.
Gene was one of many bands, they didn't even make the main stage, M got them to play near the bar area
The Ordinary Boys played Meltdown as well . As I say M was no way a fan of theirs and he didn't like the singer (Preston) , he wouldn't even let them hand backstage, when he was about
The only reason they made it was M knew their manager and a band pulled out. They were fans so it went with The Meltdown ethos.
Also, in Brighton, you have a number of Music writers who hate M. like Simon Price- when you get these anti-M articles they usually spring from some of these Brighton lot and their friends in London. Preston and Martin and these music writers are all friends, pretty much
People should consider this when they read articles.

I don't know much about Julie Burchell, but my friend said she is a M fan, though knows little about him, He said she is a classically wrapped person, so even though she is a fan she swings from saying nice things to being nasty about him- bit like M is with Bowie , he said

Lots of people in Brighton look down on Whitehawk, but I met some nice fans from there. They seemed more connected than the music monied music scene people.
Brighton has an awful lot to answer for it seems.
The disbanding of D&TK was a sad point I think. I really enjoyed watching them throughout 2009, which seemed to go on forever.
Preston on the other was a pest. I recall him worse for wear shall we say after one concert, may have even been Brighton in 04. Despite being on someone’s guest list, he can probably count himself lucky not to have been locked up for the evening.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom