Type "Morrissey is" into Google and ...

Maurice E

the predictive results are not hugely flattering!

Still, could be worse.
"Bono is" offers you 'bald, a turd and a tool!'
With "Scouting for Girls Are", you get 'rubbish, awful, crap,terrible' - I think they get let off lightly!
I assumed there would be loads of negative stuff about most well known singers but Damon Albarn, for example, just gets 'is a genius'.

anyone know how these things work?

google is a negative site and the predictive usually comes up with something that a miserable old man would say

google is a negative site and the predictive usually comes up with something that a miserable old man would say

well, it would be nice if it was true but it's probably slightly more related to what the average man in the street thinks of Mr SP Morrissey.
"Thom Yorke is" (for example) gets the words genius, hot, weird, god, a jerk and an alien!

I tried this with Marr & got "Johnny Marr is dead"?!

I tried this with Marr & got "Johnny Marr is dead"?!

Me too. I clicked on it and it is a song. I also typed in 'Robert Smith is' and it suggested 'fat.' Who types in something like that? I tried my first name and it suggested 'is awesome':D

Google is helpful but quite thick at the same time, weird really...

I typed in 'David Bowie is' and one of the options was 'very disappointed'.

When you key in the entire phrase 'David Bowie is very disappointed' Google predicts 'in you'. :lbf:

'Predict Google' would make quite a good TV show. A bit like Family Fortunes, but, you know, quite good. Well, maybe not 'quite good' but not entirely dreadful.

I vote for Rich Fulcher as host (just because he always refers to Google as 'the Google' which, for reasons unknown, cracks me up).

Back
Top Bottom