Two Light Ales Please

A

Angel

I'm really disappointed by what I've read on this discussion board.
Sorry to be obvious but… Morrissey's music, like that of many of his heroes, says, on a basic level,' be yourself'. None of us are the same but neither are we very different from each other so its worth the risk. More trouble comes from not striving to become what we really are than from trying to break out of any binding ties. How does this sit with his fans admirable but often unquestioning adoration of him?
While I realise they are very few pop artists who express themselves (on and off record) as eloquently and honestly as Moz I do know they exist/have existed and very few have come from British music fans call the Indie ghetto. Off the top of my head Johnny Rotten, Sly Stone, Ray Davies, Marvin Gaye, Otis Redding, Patti Smith, Lennon and McCartney, David Bowie, Bob Dylan and Curtis Mayfield have a similar message and a distinct way of saying it. They've all got something to teach and some appreciation of what they (and/or many others) did can only enhance understanding of how good The Smiths and Morrissey are. Also, wouldn't discussion of The Smiths/Morrissey being an important part of pop history rather than just competition to lesser acts (REM, Cure, Nirvana etc, etc) be more helpful to everyone involved on whatever level ?

Re: Would you settle for two hard fists ramming your fat face?

Or how about two whacks with a nice iron skillet worthy of frying up your pancreas?

Listen jackweed, you are stupid, insipid and crass. Take your arrogant I wannabe a Rolling Stone columnist crap and shove it so far up your big $hit hole, you'll be caughing up the damn india ink. You need not tell us your views anymore because they are as interesting as the ingrown toenail you have coming out of your sixth toe.

Shut up and swallow this slappy!

Re: Would you settle for two hard fists ramming your fat face?

> Or how about two whacks with a nice iron skillet worthy of
> frying up your pancreas?

> Listen jackweed you are stupid, insipid and crass (you don't really know what these insipid and crass mean do you ?). Take your
> arrogant I wannabe a Rolling Stone columnist crap and shove it
> so far up your big $hit hole, you'll be caughing up the damn
> india ink. You need not tell us your views (we have to listen to your unfunny wank though, dont we) anymore because they
> are as interesting as the ingrown toenail you have coming out of
> your sixth toe.

> Shut up and swallow this slappy!

I want be a Rolling Stone columnist do I ? Not really - don't want to be a sixth form version of Steven Wells either. Just put your dick back in your trousers, turn off the computer and have a good cry. It sounds long overdue.

why o you people come here and insist on comparing Him to someone else. Morrissey is in a class of his own.

Re: Angel, that's funny

Bravo girl, bravo! But did you have to use such language? Wait a minute, guess you did.