Twitter's @officialmoz distances itself from Morrissey

Well done marketing geniuses.
After days of press coverage of Morrissey 'finally getting a Twitter account' - the @officialmoz handle added this to the profile:

40795_twitter_ss.jpg

'Official Moz Info. Not Moz.'

I'm sure we all knew it wasn't actually a non-marketing account, but way to undermine some positive press for a change.

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done marketing geniuses.
After days of press coverage of Morrissey 'finally getting a Twitter account' - the @officialmoz handle added this to the profile:

View attachment 42286

'Official Moz Info. Not Moz.'

I'm sure we all knew it wasn't actually a non-marketing account, but way to undermine some positive press for a change.

Regards,
FWD.

They're getting out ahead of the trainwreck. He probably expressed similar sentiments to Harvest - that he didn't want people to think it was him - and Harvest ignored it. To me, this says good things about his relationship to BMG - that they are willing to accommodate him.

Did M even know this was set up; or is all of this marketing completely out of his hands?

I think it's good that they made it clear. I've seen people talking about it on reddit and other places

I'm guessing that if the 'official' FB acc can be used to post things other than marketing (well at least prior to BMG) then he's more than aware of Twitter.
I personally think leaving people to guess 'is it him posting?' (just like the press have been doing for days) has a far better impact on the public / marketing than clearly saying 'hey, we're not him'.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
They got a whole lot of traction with 'MORRISSEY TWEETS' from various media outlets.- I guess, as it has been highlighted above, they want to avoid the inevitable Morrissey statement and have the attempted marketing campaign derailed.

I can see both your guys points. I did also see a bunch of articles blurbs on morrisseys first tweet etc. I guess after the morrissey harvest old twitter debacle I'm being overly cautious. I do think it would be good if he did use it, who knows what he'd say though that'd make someone angry, but if it's not him I think the clarity is for the overall good. With his image you don't wanna give the impression that he's being decietful or fake

bmg have done well so far in everything they have done,single is well received,new stuff to buy,mini concert on Tuesday,what more could we want.
don't do twitter,dont see the point in telling the world I'm going for a piss or post a photo of my dinner,but, if you like it that's fine.

I'm so confused as there is an account called Blue Rose Society tweeting that Morrissey has been on twitter 6 years and they even replied this to Boy George?

They linked to an account called Alf Button but it looked kind of fake like someone doing an impersonation?

But maybe it's another account? Does anyone know about this?

Bit sad the official one isn't him but labels often run these I think

Not for a minute I thought it was him, in person, tweeting... For me it was implicit... But, I'm glad that BMG went ahead and make this explicit. Morrissey has to take care of the music, not the twitter account...

I'm so confused as there is an account called Blue Rose Society tweeting that Morrissey has been on twitter 6 years and they even replied this to Boy George?

They linked to an account called Alf Button but it looked kind of fake like someone doing an impersonation?

But maybe it's another account? Does anyone know about this?

Bit sad the official one isn't him but labels often run these I think

It's a rum c*nt!

doesn't Mike Joyce run that thing ?

Hay hay hay ! ! ! Fakin Steven on Twitter :laughing: call the cops ! ! !

Told you so :tiphat:

#Spent the day In't shed, hiding from the police, please somebody protect me :rofl:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom