Twin Peaks thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
AFkKNVz.png

I see nipple.

I'm spending this week watching anything I haven't seen by Lynch and rewatching stuff I have only seen once. Watched Rabbits last night; The Straight Story tonight. Loved both.
I have not watched Rabbits. Where is it available online? The Straight Story is great. I know this is sacrilege but the only one I didn't really like was Eraserhead. My favorite is probably Mulholland Drive but I think that the expanded Inland Empire with the extra material is probably the best for repeated viewing. I really like the part on Hollywood Boulevard with the street people. Ranking them would be difficult but blue Velvet would probably have to be third, though I really like Wild At Heart. Lost Highway is one I've watched quite a few times. Though the whole thing isn't as good overall, in my opinion, it does have a couple of the greatest scenes. I like the "never tailgate" scene, and the party scene with Robert Blake.

These last two weeks have been the two best episodes so far. Can't wait to see what the series finale brings next week.

6NcSqhm.jpg

She started as a member of the Mod Squad the hippest trio of undercover cops around.
fae0dac7e8252d383801a637bad6b3a2--peggy-lipton-the-mod-squad.jpg

It would be great if David Lynch revealed she'd been working undercover at the diner all this time, or maybe had to go into witness protection and start a new life in Twin Peaks.

She was married to Quincy Jones and has children with him.
8ljKlos.png

with Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones in 1982

and she dated Paul McCartney
mccartney16n-14-web.jpg

That finale... holy shit. I loved episode 17. Episode 18 was a bit slow to start but I was intrigued by the end. Is it past, or is it future?

What if the show is called 'Twin Peaks' because it's about a town named Peaks that there are two versions of?
30lyty8.jpg

I've watched the finale twice.

So, let me get this straight. Laura gets turned into a redneck, BOB gets defeated Marvel Avengers style by one of the most incidental characters in the series, Cooper and Diane have the most ridiculously forced soccer-mom-romance-movie sex scene ever filmed, and the go-to comic relief character, who can barely operate a telephone, is the one to kill Doppelcoop.

Sure. If this isn't payback for Fire Walk With Me getting booed at Cannes, I don't know what is.

I still trust Lynch - I want to- but I just don't know. I feel like a philistine if I say or think anything negative but I can't lie. I feel empty. The first two seasons and the film... priceless. As for Season 3, I don't know. Whatever. He went way too far up his own ass in the last quarter century. Which is great if you like a series of non sequitur avant garde vignettes but if you want a cohesive narrative, Lynch ain't your man. He used to be able to toggle great storytelling WITH the weird shit pretty deftly. Now he either apparently can ONLY be weird, or else just doesn't give much of a f*** anymore about linear narratives and retaining relevancy in regard to plot devices. And so many red herrings. SO MANY. Why?

I have just watched episode 17 and ummm, they really could have just rolled credits at any point. It was that random. Hoping 18 is satisfying but I can always just watch 15 and 16 on a loop when it's all done.

Back
Top Bottom