Twin Peaks thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1074

So how about that season 3 episode 8, huh?

Lynch definitely doesn't care if viewership drops down to 14 people; he's going all out. Personally, I loved it.

I don't blame him really. This is probably the last major project he'll ever work on considering his pace and the lack of financial backing. This season seems like his swan song with its cast and callbacks to his life and work. I'm honestly surprised it even got made. I'm just happy that there will be some finality to Twin Peaks...but maybe that isn't necessarily a good thing.

I liked all of it with the exception of a few things. I didn't like that BOB was a physical/removable entity, and I didn't like the Laura Orb. The implications of it contradicts too much with everything we know already.

Also, unless there are some secret scenes of Bowie that were filmed before his death, I find it very odd that a minor character like Jeffries is playing such a huge role in this season.

I don't blame him really. This is probably the last major project he'll ever work on considering his pace and the lack of financial backing. This season seems like his swan song with its cast and callbacks to his life and work. I'm honestly surprised it even got made. I'm just happy that there will be some finality to Twin Peaks...but maybe that isn't necessarily a good thing.

I liked all of it with the exception of a few things. I didn't like that BOB was a physical/removable entity, and I didn't like the Laura Orb. The implications of it contradicts too much with everything we know already.

Also, unless there are some secret scenes of Bowie that were filmed before his death, I find it very odd that a minor character like Jeffries is playing such a huge role in this season.

You bring up some good points.

BOB is physical, at least on some level. Where I think it gets vague is when determining exactly how and to what degree his physical form manifests; and it seems to be tied to crossover moments between the two worlds. So that in itself is OK with me, but as for the removable aspect, which I assume you are talking about in relation to the Woodsmen surgery scene, yeah...not sure what to make of that.

My take on things is that the Doppelgangers are their own entities; shadow selves of people on this plane, inherently evil and deceptive, but that in Cooper's case not only was he trapped in The Lodge and replaced by his Doppelganger, but that either
A) BOB's reflection in the bathroom mirror was simply how Doppelgangers reflect back; i.e. channeling BOB as an extension of the shadow/doppelganger self, or
B) in Cooper's particular case, his Doppelganger was actually melded with BOB, as opposed to, say Leland, who maybe was just possessed by BOB but not actually trapped in The Lodge.

They've never really explained all that, how it works, but Doppelcoop's "you're still with me" statement and the gooey BOB blob the Woodsmen extracted definitely imply that BOB as an entity is separate from the concept of a Doppelganger.

My guess is that sans BOB, evil Coop will still be evil but maybe more vulnerable...or at least mortal, which clearly up til now he was not. I have a feeling he is going to now try to impersonate Good Coop again, for nefarious purposes, since he knows there are now multiple people who are wise to him.

As for the Laura orb, again...gotta see where they are going with that one. Didn't totally get it.

Now, as for Jeffries....that's really confusing. Obviously the guy sounds nothing like the Jeffries from the movie. That could just be due to Bowie's absence but this guy doesn't even try to sound like Bowie's version, so... I don't know.

They have thrown out out so many (possible) red herrings regarding Jeffries that at this point only Lynch knows what it all means.

My take...and let me know what you think, is as follows...

Evil Coop made Dougie to serve as his substitute for Lodge re-entry, thereby allowing himself to stay in our world longer; maybe indefinitely. He then arranged for Good Coop, who he knew would replace Dougie's physical space, to be killed, since -as Gerard told Coop- only one can exist here.

Jeffries is good and he wanted Evil Coop back in The Lodge, and when that didn't pass, wanted him dead (as seen in Ray's phone call in the car after shooting Evil Coop.)

However..Evil Coop tells Gordon he's been "working with Jeffries"...and Albert got that call from Jeffries asking about an undercover agent in Columbia, under the guise of "helping" (Evil) Cooper, but this led to that agent getting murdered. And on the phone he tells Evil Coop that he (Jeffries )will "be with BOB again"...so maybe Jeffries is evil? And wants BOB to help him; make him more powerful, which is why he wanted Evil Coop out of the way?

So...no f***ing clue, really. At least not yet. And Chrysta Bell is the worst actress of all time but damn is she hot.

You bring up some good points.

BOB is physical, at least on some level. Where I think it gets vague is when determining exactly how and to what degree his physical form manifests; and it seems to be tied to crossover moments between the two worlds. So that in itself is OK with me, but as for the removable aspect, which I assume you are talking about in relation to the Woodsmen surgery scene, yeah...not sure what to make of that.

My understanding of BOB was that he is a Lodge spirit. Something that existed in the Lodge and Waiting Room physically, but elsewhere was just a possessing entity. The show always hinted at an alien connection but I feel that contradicts things a bit. Like, did BOB have to be similarly removed by the Woodsmen from Leland and no one could see it? Is BOB that thing that hatched from the egg? If BOB and Laura are meant to oppose one another, then that means BOB knew Leland was going to be Laura's father and possessed him because of this? That also changes FWWM's depiction of Leland as someone who lusted after his daughter and BOB took advantage of that.

My take on things is that the Doppelgangers are their own entities; shadow selves of people on this plane, inherently evil and deceptive, but that in Cooper's case not only was he trapped in The Lodge and replaced by his Doppelganger, but that either
A) BOB's reflection in the bathroom mirror was simply how Doppelgangers reflect back; i.e. channeling BOB as an extension of the shadow/doppelganger self, or
B) in Cooper's particular case, his Doppelganger was actually melded with BOB, as opposed to, say Leland, who maybe was just possessed by BOB but not actually trapped in The Lodge.

They've never really explained all that, how it works, but Doppelcoop's "you're still with me" statement and the gooey BOB blob the Woodsmen extracted definitely imply that BOB as an entity is separate from the concept of a Doppelganger.

I think it is definitely B.

My guess is that sans BOB, evil Coop will still be evil but maybe more vulnerable...or at least mortal, which clearly up til now he was not. I have a feeling he is going to now try to impersonate Good Coop again, for nefarious purposes, since he knows there are now multiple people who are wise to him.

That would be the smart thing to do if evil Cooper could actually pull off impersonating Cooper in front of people who knew the real Cooper. I would think someone would see Dougie on the news after he took down Ike the Spike and complicate the matter.

As for the Laura orb, again...gotta see where they are going with that one. Didn't totally get it.

I'm sure it's just a reason to bring Laura back onto the show.

Now, as for Jeffries....that's really confusing. Obviously the guy sounds nothing like the Jeffries from the movie. That could just be due to Bowie's absence but this guy doesn't even try to sound like Bowie's version, so... I don't know.

They have thrown out out so many (possible) red herrings regarding Jeffries that at this point only Lynch knows what it all means.

My take...and let me know what you think, is as follows...

Evil Coop made Dougie to serve as his substitute for Lodge re-entry, thereby allowing himself to stay in our world longer; maybe indefinitely. He then arranged for Good Coop, who he knew would replace Dougie's physical space, to be killed, since -as Gerard told Coop- only one can exist here.

Evil Cooper seemed to indicate that his way from being taken back to the Lodge involved the info Ray had which is why Dougie is confusing. Dougie has the ring and I would assume was created by Evil Cooper. Yet Jeffries is the one behind all the hits going on with the guys after Evil Cooper, Dougie and hiring Ike the Spike via that guy in Las Vegas. If Jeffries knew about Dougie, why exactly would he keep him alive and allow the possibility of evil Cooper to still roam free in the world, alternatively, if he knows about evil Cooper, why would he want to kill the good Cooper? I don't even know if I'm even making sense or have the events straight or not at this point.

Jeffries is good and he wanted Evil Coop back in The Lodge, and when that didn't pass, wanted him dead (as seen in Ray's phone call in the car after shooting Evil Coop.)

However..Evil Coop tells Gordon he's been "working with Jeffries"...and Albert got that call from Jeffries asking about an undercover agent in Columbia, under the guise of "helping" (Evil) Cooper, but this led to that agent getting murdered. And on the phone he tells Evil Coop that he (Jeffries )will "be with BOB again"...so maybe Jeffries is evil? And wants BOB to help him; make him more powerful, which is why he wanted Evil Coop out of the way?

So...no f***ing clue, really. At least not yet. And Chrysta Bell is the worst actress of all time but damn is she hot.

It is very confusing at this point. Is Jeffries actually Jeffries? If it is Jeffries, why is he suddenly in league with the people that had kept him trapped for god knows how many years now? And if he wasn't trapped, how did he get out of the Lodge? I wish that Lynch would get to these points of the plot and less of this Dougie nonsense.

Some people online are speculating that Jeffries could be played this time by Tim Roth who hasn't appeared in the season yet (as of episode eight) but who, apparently, sounded a lot like the guy who spoke to Evil Cooper on the phone in episode two.

I can't immediately think of any other example of Lynch replacing an actor in that way and I don't know if it's something he would do. He didn't replace Michael Ontkean for example, which if he had would have spared us from all those phonecalls from Frank to the sick Harry Truman. Michael J. Anderson also wasn't replaced, not with another human at least.

Whether he would do it with Bowie/Tim Roth - since Jeffries is playing such a large off-screen role in the season so far and an appearance of the character on-screen may be unavoidable - is another question, but it's all just guesswork from amateur sleuths online at the minute and probably won't amount to very much. (Like the since disproven suggestion that the statue outside Dougie's place of work was of Bowie -- it was actually based on Lynch's father.)

Some people online are speculating that Jeffries could be played this time by Tim Roth who hasn't appeared in the season yet (as of episode eight) but who, apparently, sounded a lot like the guy who spoke to Evil Cooper on the phone in episode two.

I can't immediately think of any other example of Lynch replacing an actor in that way and I don't know if it's something he would do. He didn't replace Michael Ontkean for example, which if he had would have spared us from all those phonecalls from Frank to the sick Harry Truman. Michael J. Anderson also wasn't replaced, not with another human at least.

Whether he would do it with Bowie/Tim Roth - since Jeffries is playing such a large off-screen role in the season so far and an appearance of the character on-screen may be unavoidable - is another question, but it's all just guesswork from amateur sleuths online at the minute and probably won't amount to very much. (Like the since disproven suggestion that the statue outside Dougie's place of work was of Bowie -- it was actually based on Lynch's father.)

If you had watched last night's episode you would know Roth didn't replace Bowie.

Regarding your assumption that Lynch wouldn't recast a role, he replaced an actress in a major role when casting the film after the series ended. But I won't bore you with details since apparently you'd rather text or Reddit your way through the show than watch it.

Last edited:
If you had watched last night's episode you would know Roth didn't replace Bowie.

Regarding your assumption that Lynch wouldn't recast a role, he replaced an actress in a major role when casting the film after the series ended. But I won't bore you with details since apparently you'd rather text or Reddit your way through the show than watch it.

Congratulations on watching episode nine before I did, I've since caught up. You're a very skilled watcher of Twin Peaks; the Heavens have bestowed upon you a great talent. Not everyone can watch nine episodes of a television show like you, which university did you go to in order to refine this ability? Whichever one it was, you obviously graduated Magna Cum Laude.

Some people can sing, others can dance, or paint -- meanwhile you can watch a television show, which is rare. You're like those people who know all the most obscure bands and sneer at those who don't, and rightfully so. Watching and listening to things are skills which just not everyone is blessed with! No, Tim Roth didn't replace Bowie, like I said it was just online speculation and probably wouldn't amount to very much (hardly an 'assumption'), but of course you knew that before I did on account of your brilliance. Hopefully you felt a sense of satisfaction in letting everyone know about it.

Agreed completely with your final sentence, we all know that people who text and look at Reddit are not REAL Twin Peaks fans. Morrissey-soloing your way through the season in a discussion with the timeless !Viva Hate! is a much more credible way to spend your time. Visiting certain websites is beneath the REAL fans. The arcane information regarding the series is all on display here in this thread, nowhere else. Not on Reddit or through texts - nowhere. Just here. Nobody else has any idea of what they're talking about, but then they're not you so why should they know anything?

And don't worry if you hit a rough patch with the wider population's acceptance of your unique abilities - being a music and television series elitist is going to come back in style. Just keep plugging away at it and doing what you love -- posterity will remember you for it if your contemporaries don't. You're on the right track, baby, you were born this way. Show the world that as a person you're Charismatic, Unique, with Nerve & Talent. It'll never ever be a case of Tg;dr, of that I can assure you.

P.S. It was unfortunate to see Skylarker's -- I mean, Ike the Spike's reign of terror come to an end. At least we know now why he deleted his account on this website; he's hit the big time. I wasn't sure if it was him at first because the actor seemed a bit too tall to be Skylarker, but then he downed a whole bottle of whiskey in episode nine and I knew it had to be him.

You're an excellent replacement though, the right level of crankiness: Morrissey-solo really hit the Jackpot when you signed up. Let's hope you can hit !Viva Hate!'s Jackpot with your tongue while you're pulling his lever so he can "make it rain" all over your face. Hellooo0oo00oo00ooo00oo00o!!!

Now back to Reddit for me, I've been hearing rumours that Philip Jeffries could be played by Eddie Vedder!?!?

the timeless !Viva Hate!

Tg;dr

Let's hope you can hit !Viva Hate!'s Jackpot with your tongue while you're pulling his lever so he can "make it rain" all over your face. Hellooo0oo00oo00ooo00oo00o!!!

tumblr_lt13ip9rRz1r1pr85.png

One thing I didn't love about Part 9 was Lillard's scene. I felt he overdid it with the crying. I felt like the sobbing distracted the viewer from what he was saying. It felt forced.

I did love when Gordon walked into the morgue and said "the waiting room."

One thing I didn't love about Part 9 was Lillard's scene. I felt he overdid it with the crying. I felt like the sobbing distracted the viewer from what he was saying. It felt forced.

Agreed. Painful to watch.

It reminded me of Stallone's monologue at the end of 'First Blood'...

Back
Top Bottom