Tuna on Toast with Stryker Podcast: Josh Klinghoffer - Morrissey mentions (May 31, 2022)

"Ted Stryker welcomes guitarist, songwriter, and overall good dude, Josh Klinghoffer to the Tuna on Toast Studio. Pluralone, Josh's band, just released another album titled This is the Show.
Josh talks to Stryker about growing up in the Valley (Los Angeles) and listening to Morrissey, Depeche Mode, Guns N' Roses, AC/DC and Motley Crue.
Josh tells Stryker how his Mom first signed him up for drums, not guitar.
He started having friends (a full band) come over at an early age.
At 15 Josh decided to pick up the guitar and learned to play without taking lessons.
Josh and Stryker talk about how he is normally the youngest in the groups he plays with.
Johs mentions the great Bob Forrest, the band Bicycle Thief and first meeting Bob.
Josh tells Stryker about the "bloody battle" he had with his parents about dropping out of school.
Josh's new album is called "This is the Show"! His band is Pluralone.
The album was born during the pandemic.
Clint Walsh (Dot Hacker) and Josh worked together and found great harmony (both life and musically)
Josh also tells Stryker about first meeting Eddie Vedder and working on the album Earthling.
Josh talks to Stryker about joining the Red Hot Chili Peppers at 30 years old and spending all of his 30's with them.
The guys also discuss Pluralone opening for Pearl Jam and also playing guitar with Pearl Jam during their set.
Josh tells Stryker about his growth as a person and a musician.
Stryker has an idea for Josh to get coffee with Ilan Rubin from Nine Inch Nails and make some songs😊
Stryker asks Josh how he feels TODAY about not being a member of the Red Hot Chili Peppers anymore.
Josh and Stryker also talk about the work Josh and Chad Smith did with Morrissey! Josh says that Morrissey said it's his favorite album while it has not seen the light of day. The album is complete.
Josh hopes the Morrissey album is released sooner than later!

Josh Klinghoffer is such a talented person, I also had a great time chatting with him, thanks for watching, sit back and enjoy another episode of Tuna on Toast with Stryker"

Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
He was just talking about Morrissey's relationship with the press.

He clearly loves him & thinks he's a good person.
But how can one be a good person and wear a For Britain pin? Btw I am being facetious.

But how can one be a good person and wear a For Britain pin? Btw I am being facetious.

I was arguing with people on Twitter the other day & this really was the level of their reasoning.

Plus sending me the same garbage articles - some of which are so inaccurate they're anti-fan fiction.

Someone break it to Josh gently that Morrissey always says the most recent album he recorded is his favorite.

I was arguing with people on Twitter the other day & this really was the level of their reasoning.

Plus sending me the same garbage articles - some of which are so inaccurate they're anti-fan fiction.
Well that was foolish but also brave. The mob love an easy fight. Nuance, reason and research are not their go to weapons of choice.

I've never heard the term world of Morrissey phrased like that. It's interesting re his compilation album from '95. Could he have meant... they think the world of Morrissey, as in his fans?

Yes I am reaching.
oh, in the song "boxers" which is on that compilation morrissey himself uses that phrase: "your nephew, it's true, well, he thinks the world of you" ...

Josh says that only he, Chad Smith, Andrew Watt and Jesse Tobias play on Bonfire of Teenagers (55:06).
The previous CDs featured many guest musicians playing various instruments.
Perhaps it is a good thing to return to a more basic line-up: his best solo albums of the 90s were also recorded with just 4 musicians. Should we expect a return to a rock sound then?

Article generated from the podcast interview:

JOSH KLINGHOFFER SAYS “THE CULTURE” TO BLAME FOR MORRISSEY ALBUM DELAY: “I HONESTLY DON’T THINK HE’S A MALICIOUS PERSON, EVEN IF HE SAYS STUPID SHIT”

FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom