Tucson, AZ - Tucson Music Hall (May 23, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

You Have Killed Me / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You're The One For Me, Fatty / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / How Soon Is Now? / Alma Matters / Action Is My Middle Name / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Black Cloud / Everyday Is Like Sunday / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / People Are The Same Everywhere / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Scandinavia / I Know It's Over / Speedway // Still Ill

set list provided by setlist.fm, link from bmoney

• Morrissey, TCC Music Hall, May 23, 2012, photos by C. Elliott (10 total) - Tucson Weekly. Link posted by Miss Garden.

tucson.jpg

Last edited:
photo-2-1.jpg

Crappy iPhone pic. If anyone can write up the set list I'm sure it would be much appreciated by all.

And the set that you just played, it sounds exactly like the last one
And the next one I bet you it will sound like this one

I hope he plays THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NEVER GOES OUT in Stockton

I've been going to Moz shows since the early 90s and although this wasn't the best setlist I've heard from the band, I have to admit that he and the band sounded great. In the past, while performing Smiths tunes, I feel that his voice lacked "something" (not sure what). However, last night in Tucson (or as he joked "Tuck-son") Moz was able to capture what I love about The Smiths music. The crowd was light. Maybe 60% or slightly less of the venue was filled and Moz inviting all to move forward as a sort of birthday gift to him was great! The crowd immediatly reacted. I felt a little sorry for those who payed $100+ for tickets. He seemed in a good mood. Joked with the crowd quite a bit. Boz in drag...just plain creepy. Security was tight at the front of the stage; even distracted from the show at times. Several people were literally thrown like rag dolls from the stage into the crowd. Unnecessary! I have to hand it to the brave souls who attempted after witnessing one gentleman being tossed and doing a flip over the crowd (I really hope someone uploads a video of that). You could feel the crowd's now-or-never anxiety right before the encore, Still Ill. Then it was just an intense frenzy of Moz-lovers trying to get onto the stage for that one last hug...and before I could even refocus, he was gone! All in all, a great night.

I've been going to Moz shows since the early 90s and although this wasn't the best setlist I've heard from the band, I have to admit that he and the band sounded great. In the past, while performing Smiths tunes, I feel that his voice lacked "something" (not sure what). However, last night in Tucson (or as he joked "Tuck-son") Moz was able to capture what I love about The Smiths music. The crowd was light. Maybe 60% or slightly less of the venue was filled and Moz inviting all to move forward as a sort of birthday gift to him was great! The crowd immediatly reacted. I felt a little sorry for those who payed $100+ for tickets. He seemed in a good mood. Joked with the crowd quite a bit. Boz in drag...just plain creepy. Security was tight at the front of the stage; even distracted from the show at times. Several people were literally thrown like rag dolls from the stage into the crowd. Unnecessary! I have to hand it to the brave souls who attempted after witnessing one gentleman being tossed and doing a flip over the crowd (I really hope someone uploads a video of that). You could feel the crowd's now-or-never anxiety right before the encore, Still Ill. Then it was just an intense frenzy of Moz-lovers trying to get onto the stage for that one last hug...and before I could even refocus, he was gone! All in all, a great night.

I saw that guy tossed through the air. It wasike he was back flipped off the stage? Was he hurt? It is always fun to watch but it can become too much at points and Moz security have to put his safety first I guess. Well done to the brave ones. I noticed a few fat ones made it up last night, feel sorry for who ever they landed on.

I've been going to Moz shows since the early 90s...

Great post. Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm one of the people who paid $100, but I didn't mind a bit. Worth every penny to see Moz. We were able to easily migrate down to the floor in front of the stage, but hung back at the perimiter where things were a little less crazy. You're right about the security being distracting. That bouncer on the left side of the stage (when facing it) was a bit over the top. It did keep things interesting though. I thought Morrissey was in fine form. I would have liked a few less ballads and more Smiths and early solo songs, but again, it was a pleasure to see him. Hope he makes it to Tucson/Phoenix again.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom