Tucson, AZ - Fox Tucson Theatre (Apr. 10, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Speedway / Staircase At The University / Everyday Is Like Sunday

Setlist provided by an anonymous person

• Refunds available from the venue, email posted by baby j.
  • Morrissey Tucson show ends after 6 songs (3 photos by C. Elliot Photography) - tucson.com. Link from Mike.

Excerpt:

Fox Tucson Theatre Executive Director Craig Sumberg on Tuesday said they were negotiating with managers for Morrissey, 57, about possibly rescheduling the concert or giving refunds. There apparently was an agreement between the promoters and Morrissey's management that Monday's concert was not a "formal show," which could open the door for some sort of remedy, he said.

"The best for all concerned would be to reschedule the show," he said.

...Morrissey is set to play a sold-out show at the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts on Wednesday, April 12. A box office spokesman on Tuesday morning said that show is still on.

39879_tucson.jpg

• Video from baby J / YouTube, link from an anonymous person:

Last edited:
You can really hear the vocal strain in the Staircase clip. Stopping the show was the right call - it would have only progressed and prolonged his recovery.

Having said that not being able to complete a 2 week tour without incident does not bode well for his touring future.

Can someone swing by the venue? Are they setting up?

Talk about intermittent reward. Why must we feel we hit the lottery when he shows up?
I just strolled by on my lunch hour and there was a single tour bus out back. A guy walked back from it and asked another guy "Are you our back of house guy?" so I guess that's promising. There were about 10 people camped out in the front of the venue.

Good news - the show is going ahead - apparently Axl Rose is going to fill in for the rest of the tour.

Will we see the day Morrissey retires from performing? I love the man since I was a child, I would hate to see the end days go down Elvis-esque. Honestly a good majority of the people going to his shows these days don't even appreciate it, they get mad during Meat is Murder and use the opportunity to get more beers. They complain if he doesn't play their favorite songs. I don't know guess I'm just venting. Watching the video of Gustavo explaining the situation to the audience and hearing people yelling "give us our money back" makes me cringe. Where is the compassion?

Will we see the day Morrissey retires from performing? I love the man since I was a child, I would hate to see the end days go down Elvis-esque. Honestly a good majority of the people going to his shows these days don't even appreciate it, they get mad during Meat is Murder and use the opportunity to get more beers. They complain if he doesn't play their favorite songs. I don't know guess I'm just venting. Watching the video of Gustavo explaining the situation to the audience and hearing people yelling "give us our money back" makes me cringe. Where is the compassion?

He's played sick too many times and people are feedup. They work hard for there money and expect some value when they spend it. Morrissey thinks everyone owes him a living but he doesn't want to work for it.

There would probably be more compassion for a rare, isolated incident. But this stuff happens with Morrissey nearly every single tour going back to the very beginning of his solo years. If it's not Morrissey being sick (which it normally is), then it's Boz forgot to renew his visa, or Gustovo has a kidney stone, or someone chucks a beer at his head, or the pipes break at the Palladium, or someone shouts something that hurts his feelings, or Kristeen Young spreads the flu around, or the bass player quits, or food poisoning debilitates the band, or Alain's back hurts, or "logistical issues". The best one ever was when he cancelled a show in San Francisco years ago and was photographed out drinking that same night. LOL.

90% of all Morrissey tours are affected by cancellations.

As I have said before, this simply does not happen with other artists with anything even approaching this level of frequency.

When you buy a ticket, you expect a show. Seems like a fairly reasonable expectation to me. Sooner or later, you have to look at the man whose name is on the ticket and say "if you can't manage 2 weeks of shows, then why are you even bothering?"

All that said, hopefully this was just a 36 hour bug and he can manage the last three shows.

Yeah I agree or give him a bar stool and let him answer fan question or talk for an hour ....he will try San Antonio if it don't work cancel Houston and Big D but I'm optimistic he will carry on for last 3 shows bc I do believe he is sincere,and if not my tickets ARE refundable
Yeah, he could also juggle some balls in the air, spin plates on the sticks, crack a couple of jokes and explain a few burning questions regarding LOTL.

100% Agree with your vent. But I get so depressed at the thought of him retiring... Can't bear the thought of it.

There would probably be more compassion for a rare, isolated incident. But this stuff happens with Morrissey nearly every single tour going back to the very beginning of his solo years. If it's not Morrissey being sick (which it normally is), then it's Boz forgot to renew his visa, or Gustovo has a kidney stone, or someone chucks a beer at his head, or the pipes break at the Palladium, or someone shouts something that hurts his feelings, or Kristeen Young spreads the flu around, or the bass player quits, or food poisoning debilitates the band, or Alain's back hurts, or "logistical issues". The best one ever was when he cancelled a show in San Francisco years ago and was photographed out drinking that same night. LOL.

As I have said before, this simply does not happen with other artists with anything even approaching this level of frequency.

When you buy a ticket, you expect a show. Seems like a fairly reasonable expectation to me. Sooner or later, you have to look at the man whose name is on the ticket and say "if you can't manage 2 weeks of shows, then why are you even bothering?"

All that said, hopefully this was just a 36 hour bug and he can manage the last three shows.

This might be the most intelligent post in the history of this board.

Where is the compassion for fans making travel arrangements ?
Time off work ?
Hotels ?
Travel expenses ?
Not knowing if it's on/off ?

4ck you and your compassion Landon, Steve had a very dedicated fanbase but they just got sick and tired of his antics taking the piss. NOW ITS PAYBACK TIME :guitar::angry::rofl:

f*** TOSSERREY THE CRANKFRAUD

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

ONE OF THE BEST POSTS I'VE READ ON HERE. BRILLIANTLY SUMMED UP. (Many thanks Harsh Truth)

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife::thumb:

Rumors he was rehearsing the 'vocal strain' mix versions of the songs well before show time. Apparently no volunteers among the band members to spend the night in the hospital.

If it's not Morrissey being sick (which it normally is), then it's Boz forgot to renew his visa, or Gustovo has a kidney stone, or someone chucks a beer at his head, or the pipes break at the Palladium, or someone shouts something that hurts his feelings, or Kristeen Young spreads the flu around, or the bass player quits, or food poisoning debilitates the band, or Alain's back hurts, or "logistical issues".

You forgot the best one - cancelling a show after a food fight on the tour bus led to one of the band getting a flying burrito in the eye.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom