TTY: Warner UK - account not sanctioned by Morrissey

Warner UK - true-to-you.net
6 April 2016

A Smiths/Morrissey Google alerts/Twitter account has been opened by Warner UK. Morrissey would like to stress that this account has not been sanctioned by him and has no connection to him. Follow it at your peril.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey turdhead I bet you my left testicle that you never did anything in your life as good as Mike Joyce played drums with the Smiths.

Have a listen to 'London' and then go and hide under a rock in shame. Go say 15 Hail Chuck Berry's and listen to Interesting Drug.

And I find it hilarious that you insult using your very own Cro-Magnon ancestors. Your'e as thick as whale sperm. That's like calling someone as ugly as your own mother.

I bet he never did anything in his life as treacherous as Joyce did. So, you should think twice about who is the person you should send to hide under a rock in shame.

Last edited:
Yawn. Pity Moz doesn't spend his time on pursuits more useful than denying everything and trying to tell everyone what to do all the time. I don't give a toss about any Twitter account.

He should be digging up a concert or backstage footage of concerts or old footage from recording sessions etc for inclusion on a Moz bumper DVD with running time greater than 80 minutes.

See a pattern here?

Also not sanctioned by Morrissey: Successfully maintaining a recording contract, promoting an album, or continuing to write new material.

It would have been a good first movement from Warner to absorb the debt and pay Joyce right after the final judgement. That would have freed Morrissey as much financially as spiritually, and they could have promoted together the legacy of The Smiths worldwide. Even they could have reunited again with a new drummer. Sometimes corporate executives treat artists and their work as commodities, and usually that is not the most productive decision in the long run. There are not an abundance of visionary executives in music industry as there are in other industries. It seems to be managed as a day by day business, like a grocery store.

Morrissey is the artist. Warners is the business. You're saying that they should act with the art in mind but it's okay for him to place money first. You, again, have everything backwards.

And yes, it is managed like a business. :rolleyes: It is called the music business.

It seems like the only thing sanctioned by Morrissey these days is the horrid visual work done by his nephew.

Morrissey is the artist. Warners is the business. You're saying that they should act with the art in mind but it's okay for him to place money first. You, again, have everything backwards.

And yes, it is managed like a business. :rolleyes: It is called the music business.

There are plenty of ways of doing business. I'm not saying they should act with the art in mind. I'm saying that maybe everything would have been better if the company would have acted differently protecting its own monetary interests in a more clever way. The artist is the art. And it's very suggestive of a twisted way of doing business the fact that a lot of musicians hate their own industry, which seems so glamorous from the outside. Anyway, most people hate their jobs, and some people would kill to have a job. So... it's only an opinion.

I agree. If the companies looked after their artists they would in turn be looking after their investmentscareert also,why shouldn't M place money first? M is an artist,and artists need to eat too.

Yes he's an artist, and artists, since Leonardo da Vinci to Zaha Adid, esually work for the ugliest people in the world, because it's the only way to do art and to share art with the rest of the people, the slternative is living as an eremite on the hill with the hope that someone will discover your art maybe in the next century.
About the statement it's easy say it's typical Moz! Morrissey is laconic, reclusive, procrastinator...he played this role during all his career, so, obviously, he can't write something as:"I'm proud to annunce..." follow at your peril is:"Of course do follow it", and what about the mention of Google Alert....Mistery!

Stockholm Syndrome. I'd rather have a wank than go near your minge

Post of the year. Take that Minge the Merciless!

Ketaminge Sunstroke overdoses on post icons thinking she's Wilde and witty when she's just witless and weird.

And she's Morrissey's Chief Apologist. If she saw Morrissey machine gun 68 carnivores she'd forgive him and say Mike Joyce made him do it.

It would have been a good first movement from Warner to absorb the debt and pay Joyce right after the final judgement. That would have freed Morrissey as much financially as spiritually, and they could have promoted together the legacy of The Smiths worldwide. Even they could have reunited again with a new drummer. Sometimes corporate executives treat artists and their work as commodities, and usually that is not the most productive decision in the long run. There are not an abundance of visionary executives in music industry as there are in other industries. It seems to be managed as a day by day business, like a grocery store.

This makes absolutely no sense. You're talking about Warners just giving Morrissey and Marr, all told, roughly $3 million, in 1990s money, plus, presumably, bearing the ongoing cost of double-paying 15% of the Smiths' mechanical royalties, without any guarantee of anything in return. It's probably more than they paid for the back-catalogue in the first place. How is this supposed to make sense?

Post of the year. Take that Minge the Merciless!

Ketaminge Sunstroke overdoses on post icons thinking she's Wilde and witty when she's just witless and weird.

And she's Morrissey's Chief Apologist. If she saw Morrissey machine gun 68 carnivores she'd forgive him and say Mike Joyce made him do it.

Mike Joyce. Nobodies choice.

This makes absolutely no sense. You're talking about Warners just giving Morrissey and Marr, all told, roughly $3 million, in 1990s money, plus, presumably, bearing the ongoing cost of double-paying 15% of the Smiths' mechanical royalties, without any guarantee of anything in return. It's probably more than they paid for the back-catalogue in the first place. How is this supposed to make sense?

Exactly. "Because it's Mowwissey and I wuv him" isn't a good enough argument. The case between Morrissey and Joyce has been tried in a court of law. Morrissey lost. He has tried appealing, and got nowhere. Why the hell should Warners spend money bailing his arse out, when he refuses to comply with the law?

Morrissey is a multi-millionaire. If he wanted to he could have paid off Joyce years ago, but he'd rather cut off his nose to spite his face.

With vision. That's not the original sum of money they owed and it wasn't so much money to a company as Warner. The guarantees can be established if there's an agreement. Anyway, it's easy to talk with Monday's newspaper. It was just an opinion.

Last edited:
The funny thing is that nearly everybody who would visit the True to You website would probably have already figured that out.

Missed this, too.

I remember Morrissey mentioning in an interview some years back how hard it was to come up with new vocal melodies as the years went on -- even having lifted from his own past recordings. But I didn't know there was a song (Girl Least Likely To) which wholly pilfered one. The musical influences on The Smiths and solo have come up often (Panic, I Know It's Gonna Happen... to name just two) but has one of Morrissey's vocals been called out before? I seem to recall Johnny giving a shout out to The Cookies.

Woah. I never knew about this. Thanks for putting me up on it.

Missed this, too.

I remember Morrissey mentioning in an interview some years back how hard it was to come up with new vocal melodies as the years went on -- even having lifted from his own past recordings. But I didn't know there was a song (Girl Least Likely To) which wholly pilfered one. The musical influences on The Smiths and solo have come up often (Panic, I Know It's Gonna Happen... to name just two) but has one of Morrissey's vocals been called out before? I seem to recall Johnny giving a shout out to The Cookies.

I wouldn't say it pilfered the vocal melody but it is reminiscent certainly. Most pop songs can be compared to others. There are only 8 notes in a musical scale so it is mind blowing that people can come up with new stuff regularly.

I wouldn't say it pilfered the vocal melody but it is reminiscent certainly. Most pop songs can be compared to others. There are only 8 notes in a musical scale so it is mind blowing that people can come up with new stuff regularly.

It's true that an honest songwriter can accidentally write something reminiscent of another song. Besides the notes it's the structures that are so ingrained. If you listen to lots of pop music, or blues-based rock, you can predict where a lot of songs are going the first time you hear them. To Morrissey's credit the subject matter is different but the concept of "only to other people" seems to have inspired "girl least likely to," and the melody is obviously borrowed. The source is pretty obscure but once you hear it the connection is obvious. To me it is more something that is fun to know than something to discredit him, but at the same time with all the early lyrical borrowing from plays, books, and films, there are probably a few other obscure tunes he has borrowed.

My intention wasn't to discredit Morrissey. It just caught me off guard to hear a vocal melody so clearly borrowed. Morrissey has 200+ (?) vocal melodies to his credit -- I guess that one time he just thought "I'll have that."

It's true that an honest songwriter can accidentally write something reminiscent of another song. Besides the notes it's the structures that are so ingrained. If you listen to lots of pop music, or blues-based rock, you can predict where a lot of songs are going the first time you hear them. To Morrissey's credit the subject matter is different but the concept of "only to other people" seems to have inspired "girl least likely to," and the melody is obviously borrowed. The source is pretty obscure but once you hear it the connection is obvious. To me it is more something that is fun to know than something to discredit him, but at the same time with all the early lyrical borrowing from plays, books, and films, there are probably a few other obscure tunes he has borrowed.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom