TTY: THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NOW GOES OUT - final six rescheduled US dates cancelled

THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NOW GOES OUT - true-to-you.net
3 December 2016

The band, the crew and I are heartbroken to hear that the final six shows of our triumphant tour will be 'pulled down'.
The shock and sadness that we all feel - for ourselves, and for our devoted friends in Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Houston, Dallas and San Antonio, has left us in unrecoverable despair.

The 28 shows played on this tour have been outstanding triumphs as yet another year strengthens and solidifies our positions around the world.

Since our Bergen date at the start of August, the finances for this tour have exclusively been controlled by 360 Management of Willoughby Avenue in West Hollywood. Each date booked would make enough money to pay its way.
When Gustavo collapsed at the Boulder show, 360 Management responded with the announcement that all funds had suddenly evaporated. There was apparently not even enough money to transport the touring party to the next scheduled city, and 360 Management faded out as quickly as they had faded in.

Incontestably, the Morrissey Band is the best in the world. We have been repeatedly done over in recent years by slippery industry incompetents, yet we have always recovered our stride and bounced back like the sea - saving ourselves from those who wish us off the map. We are a disciplined ship and we succeed without any help from the music industry. We continue to live with the optical device of an industry where only scale and enormity of cash is seen as evidence of talent; where the public is thought ready to swallow anything as long as it is done with the punch of five million dollars. The results appear to be continually elaborate comic-strip dumbshows that do not even matter to those directly involved. The true artists must look after themselves whilst the artificially aroused are aided and assisted to the highest ranks without a shred of effort, and the result is ... a nest of horrors. And on it goes.

This year, the mobilized strength of our ragingly loyal audiences were most appreciated, by me, at:

1. Philadelphia, USA.
2. Brooklyn, USA.
3. Hong Kong, CHINA.
4. Adelaide, AUSTRALIA.
5. Melbourne, AUSTRALIA.
6. Santa Barbara, USA.
7. Helsinki, FINLAND.
8. Manchester, ENGLAND.
9. Goteborg, SWEDEN.
10. Chicago, USA.
11. Newcastle, AUSTRALIA.
12. Berlin, GERMANY.
13. Salt Lake City, USA.
14. Tokyo, JAPAN (first night).
15. Tel-Aviv, ISRAEL.

... for which no words could ever express the volcanic love and joy found and shared.
We felt much sadness for our audiences at both Jakarta and Singapore City who struggled with appalling venues - venues which, in fact, were not really venues at all ... just roped-off bits of waterlogged fields. In dismal circumstances our friends in both cities gave us their best, and we shall never forget them. We expect no further chances in Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, Houston, Dallas or San Antonio ... nights destroyed by the ephemeral damagers ... who do their worst ... and slip away.

I can only stress my sincere thanks once again to YOU for giving the band, the crew and I a phenomenal year - scarred at the end, but drenched in beauty until then.

I will see you in extremely far-off places.

MORRISSEY
3 December 2016.

39462_20161203_131415.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was fortunate enough to see him this tour. It really was a fantastic show, and I'm sorry for everyone that had their shows cancelled. If I could, I'd personally buy out a stadium and have Morrissey perform there and invite you all ;)

So if the Smiths reform you'll be dusting off your knee pads ready to to meet Morrissey in the ally by the railway station?

Now now Pikey, I understand you're upset about this but we all know full well that Diesel takes care of Steven's back ally needs and requests.
So no I will not be dusting off my knee pads, come to think about it I've never possessed such items.
Time to get your dingo dollars out and go hit the turps with marred arse I reckon ! Strewth is that the time ! No worries mate, bonzer. :highfive:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

As ever, nothing Morrissey does is ever his fault.

Maybe the shows are cancelled as Insurance was either extremely high, or not in place. As a result, the tour might have be running on tight schedules / finances, or Morrissey decided rescheduling the shows would lose more money than it was worth. And you can't be doing this for 34 years at his level of success without being *very* well off. I guarantee you Morrissey has 500 times more in his bank account than I do mine. Bottom line is, it's always somebody else's fault.

His career is at an all time low though : No deal (and there hasn't been one for a long time). No hits for 6 years. A string of cancelled shows. And a novel that is unreadable.

Notice here I'm not criticising the shows themselves : the band is very good. The business and how it is run, not so, when seen from the outside.

Here 'lies' Steven Morrissey 1988-2016
Suddenly on 14/11/16 in Boulder CO
The microphone became his tombstone
A man of many excuses
Finally at rest
( You can write that book now Martin)

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

sad yes. Whatever the reason is, even after his statement I feel there could be another reason for the cancellation and I hope he's all right.

Ive been there before as far as looking forward to shows that were canceled, but whatever, one gets over it.

his parting line 'I will see you in extremely far-off places' how does one read that? farewell ?
A bit like his 'please don't forget me' before he left the stage at end of Dublin Point Theatre December Quarry tour. We were wondering if he was going to end his career on a high. He also played There Is A Light twice at that concert which was unexpected. Basically I think his 'extremely far off places' is Moz just being a dramatic sweet and tender hooligan. And he'll never never never never never do it again, not until the next time.

As ever, nothing Morrissey does is ever his fault.

Maybe the shows are cancelled as Insurance was either extremely high, or not in place. As a result, the tour might have be running on tight schedules / finances, or Morrissey decided rescheduling the shows would lose more money than it was worth. And you can't be doing this for 34 years at his level of success without being *very* well off. I guarantee you Morrissey has 500 times more in his bank account than I do mine. Bottom line is, it's always somebody else's fault.

His career is at an all time low though : No deal (and there hasn't been one for a long time). No hits for 6 years. A string of cancelled shows. And a novel that is unreadable.

Notice here I'm not criticising the shows themselves : the band is very good. The business and how it is run, not so, when seen from the outside.

You can't post something balanced and sensible like that. You'll end up becoming a hate figure for the line of Curtis, Silly Stephen, Liz Forbes Kerr and the rest of the deluded, brainwashed arseholes.

Great post, though:thumb:

So after shelling out flights for Boulder and Dallas, against the friendly advice from friends, I went ahead and booked flights for Cleveland and Chicago - a total of $425 (plus 2 hotels, thankfully hadn't booked for next week yet).

That's it for me touring wise unless on my doorstep.
If there was no money in the pot as mentioned after Boulder, why approve a f***ing extension of the tour just a week ago - and then blame the promoter?
Something isn't right here (as always)

I am flying to Manchester on Sunday morning for a funeral Monday and flying back Tuesday because of the above gigs in Cleveland and Chicago. Had I not book I'd have gone for a week. f*** f*** f***.

Jukebox ''Pissed Off'' Jury

I feel desperately sorry for you. For me i used to feel relief to turn up at a venue and see that the tour bus was there so the show MUST be going ahead, that was until Warsaw when after 5songs the show was halted for NO reason whatsoever. It's a huge risk to book travel tickets, take time off work etc and be at the whim of a man who i guess could get into the Guinness book for most cancelled shows ever in history. Funny how he never cancels the big Manchester, Berlin money spinning shows

I agree with one of the above statments.. things are at an all time low and it has nothing to do with the music... I feel like somehow we are all losing out be cause his voice is in prime shape

I'm truly sorry that Gustavo got sick (he's a friend of a friend), but how could they not find another player or rework the lineup? The Boulder fiasco torpedoed the rest of us and it seems like the cancellations could have been avoided. It's just stupid.

(Yes, I am bitter. I spend as much as my rent to get excellent tickets and airfare to the rescheduled shows. I feel really stupid for doing that, especially knowing the track record.)

There doesn't seem to exist a "360 Management of Willoughby Avenue in West Hollywood." In fact, Willoughby Avenue is just a residential area of houses and apartment buildings.

thanks for everything Moz and the guys, I look forward to seeing you next year in far off places, things will start to feel a whole lot better after the Christmas holidays, anyway, Christmas in Bowden isn't that bad, if I see you out and about I will most certainly flash a cheeky smile, chin up old son.. psssst!!! Christmas mass can be quite awesome (in a weird sort of way) best regards, Manc Lanc

thanks for everything Moz and the guys, I look forward to seeing you next year in far off places, things will start to feel a whole lot better after the Christmas holidays, anyway, Christmas in Bowden isn't that bad, if I see you out and about I will most certainly flash a cheeky smile, chin up old son.. psssst!!! Christmas mass can be quite awesome (in a weird sort of way) best regards, Manc Lanc

Prick

did you shake your fist at him, at least?

I never noticed until I got home. That's why it could not be removed. Hate them all now! And shouting at them.
I will never forgive.

Yes it can. A time to forgive and forget.

Course you'll see him out if you're hanging around Bowdon all day, every day. You're a nuisance.

So sad to read about the cancellations.. And so sorry to hear about poor management dealings on the tour.. It's unfair. I'm sorry for everyone who didn't get to see him. hope everything will be resolved. I'm certain This will not be the end. I stand with Morrissey and the band. Best wishes to all of them.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom