TTY: THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NOW GOES OUT - final six rescheduled US dates cancelled

THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NOW GOES OUT - true-to-you.net
3 December 2016

The band, the crew and I are heartbroken to hear that the final six shows of our triumphant tour will be 'pulled down'.
The shock and sadness that we all feel - for ourselves, and for our devoted friends in Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Houston, Dallas and San Antonio, has left us in unrecoverable despair.

The 28 shows played on this tour have been outstanding triumphs as yet another year strengthens and solidifies our positions around the world.

Since our Bergen date at the start of August, the finances for this tour have exclusively been controlled by 360 Management of Willoughby Avenue in West Hollywood. Each date booked would make enough money to pay its way.
When Gustavo collapsed at the Boulder show, 360 Management responded with the announcement that all funds had suddenly evaporated. There was apparently not even enough money to transport the touring party to the next scheduled city, and 360 Management faded out as quickly as they had faded in.

Incontestably, the Morrissey Band is the best in the world. We have been repeatedly done over in recent years by slippery industry incompetents, yet we have always recovered our stride and bounced back like the sea - saving ourselves from those who wish us off the map. We are a disciplined ship and we succeed without any help from the music industry. We continue to live with the optical device of an industry where only scale and enormity of cash is seen as evidence of talent; where the public is thought ready to swallow anything as long as it is done with the punch of five million dollars. The results appear to be continually elaborate comic-strip dumbshows that do not even matter to those directly involved. The true artists must look after themselves whilst the artificially aroused are aided and assisted to the highest ranks without a shred of effort, and the result is ... a nest of horrors. And on it goes.

This year, the mobilized strength of our ragingly loyal audiences were most appreciated, by me, at:

1. Philadelphia, USA.
2. Brooklyn, USA.
3. Hong Kong, CHINA.
4. Adelaide, AUSTRALIA.
5. Melbourne, AUSTRALIA.
6. Santa Barbara, USA.
7. Helsinki, FINLAND.
8. Manchester, ENGLAND.
9. Goteborg, SWEDEN.
10. Chicago, USA.
11. Newcastle, AUSTRALIA.
12. Berlin, GERMANY.
13. Salt Lake City, USA.
14. Tokyo, JAPAN (first night).
15. Tel-Aviv, ISRAEL.

... for which no words could ever express the volcanic love and joy found and shared.
We felt much sadness for our audiences at both Jakarta and Singapore City who struggled with appalling venues - venues which, in fact, were not really venues at all ... just roped-off bits of waterlogged fields. In dismal circumstances our friends in both cities gave us their best, and we shall never forget them. We expect no further chances in Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, Houston, Dallas or San Antonio ... nights destroyed by the ephemeral damagers ... who do their worst ... and slip away.

I can only stress my sincere thanks once again to YOU for giving the band, the crew and I a phenomenal year - scarred at the end, but drenched in beauty until then.

I will see you in extremely far-off places.

MORRISSEY
3 December 2016.

39462_20161203_131415.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
This makes 6 cancelled shows for me, and in between those I've seen him around 15 times. But my devotion dwindles with each new excuse. Let me recor the ways... sick Mozzer, sick mum, sick Gustavo, poor management, "unsafe" stage conditions, and a sore throat. Anxiously awaiting my $300 refund for the Cleveland show. If he were you best friend suppose- and he ditched you 6 times for varying reasons, would you still be friends?

Then don't "be friends," you whiny bastard. :tears:

Morrissey is just as sad and disappointed as those of us who were going to the show. He has nothing to do with the cancellation, don't shoot the messenger. Dates were originally cancelled because of Gustavo's illness, they tried to reschedule in really short notice after issuing refunds beforehand. With it being Christmas time and some shows being during the week, the ticket sales probably as of Friday didn't cover costs. Why would Morrissey use his own money to continue tour? It is more complicated than that.

He will tour next year, he will miss us too much. Who knows, maybe he will forgive Canada and tour there.

I don't want that gulf washing us down. I fear it and it makes me feel sad. Maybe I am asking too much and I should accept the inevitable. I would still be thankful for all his music and his great oevre. But if he can't do it anymore, for whatever reasons I still would have great respect. He always had that fighting spirit.
I wanna touch those happy isles again but I am starting to realise it could be for very selfish reasons.
I just feel sad.
do you? what are those selfish reasons?

oh damn i just realized it says there is a light that NOW goes out. mozzzzzzzzzer! darrrrrrrrling! pick yourself up! none of this sadsack business! let's go blazer shopping! it'll be alright, you'll see!

do you? what are those selfish reasons?

oh damn i just realized it says there is a light that NOW goes out. mozzzzzzzzzer! darrrrrrrrling! pick yourself up! none of this sadsack business! let's go blazer shopping! it'll be alright, you'll see!

See? You perfectly understood what I just sensed.
He might smile when he thinks about you and the blazer shopping expedition. You might just give him a bit of an uplifting feeling when he needed it most.
Very well done Rifke!

See? You perfectly understood what I just sensed.
He might smile when he thinks about you and the blazer shopping expedition. You might just give him a bit of an uplifting feeling when he needed it most.
Very well done Rifke!
i dont think he's that easily amused :D still, i know that if anything can make a person feel like a new man it's some nice new blazers!

I'm from Florida and purchased airline tickets/hotel for the show in Chicago. This would have been my first time seeing Moz. I am completely devastated and am not sure what to think. I have been to hundreds of shows and this is the first time an artist has cancelled on me. Very disappointed, especially considering that I will not be able to cancel my flight/hotel. I just hope I have other chances to see him in the future.

i dont think he's that easily amused :D still, i know that if anything can make a person feel like a new man it's some nice new blazers!

Maybe I am projecting too much cause I think it is very funny!
And I don't think you're wrong about a man feeling like new with some nice blazers! I would too. :)

With it being Christmas time and some shows being during the week, the ticket sales probably as of Friday didn't cover costs. Why would Morrissey use his own money to continue tour?

Because, it is the right thing to do.

Ok, so...? The fact you were going to the show means everyone who bitches about everything Morrissey does ever including this were going to the show too?

My point is, for those going to the show - it sucks, I've been in that position. But we all know that this is just another in a long line of things people want to jump on Morrissey's throat for even if they aren't going to the show and had no intention to go to any show. Immediately everyone decides they know 100% about the situation and that it somehow always must come down to Morrissey's fault. Sure, sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't. Most of the time we just don't know. But that won't stop people from shaping the narrative to fit them.

Maybe I am projecting too much cause I think it is very funny!
And I don't think you're wrong about a man feeling like new with some nice blazers! I would too. :)
well thank you, gerrit dear. im really just surprised i've never gotten a redundant rating for it. :D
and i want you to know that you have my approval to buy yourself a new blazer for christmas! you deserve it for always thinking im funny, even when im not! mwah!

Loudon Wainwright III is playing Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts, tonight.
MORRISSEY is here!!
Does this sound like a man who is in unrecoverable despair?

Morrissey fans take right after they're favorite singer they bitch moan and complain just like that man so what do you expect? Morrissey could fund the 6 dates but he won't because Morrissey is very stingy with his money why else does he hire lawyers to stop and desist things or posts up things on fan sites not to buy certain products because he's not getting Money from it. To be honest I think he should retire from singing he's a shell of what he once was, he's also become super delusional and out of touch in his older age. I've been a massive fan for well over 20 met him in person on several occasions but the last few years of his career have been disenchanting and disappointing.

Why are people so upset? Morrissey is finally again giving you what you want - reason to whinge, bitch and complain about him!
When Gustavo got sick and there was evidence of this and shows had to be rescheduled the people were devestated that they couldn't shit post about Morrissey. It was a dark day when tongues had to be bitten because he couldn't be blamed. But now, after the touring management company has somehow dried up the funds there is light at the end of the tunnel and those blue balls can be relieved as the people who come here for no other reason than to tell everyone how much they dislike Morrissey have a chance to do so again after several long days of waiting.

All it takes it for there to be some level of doubt that something could be his fault, that's all there is. I actually should applaud that no one accused the picture of Gustavo in hospital as being staged, that was impressive restraint.

But really, people who are like "lol why doesn't not he just self finance lol", have people ever just assumed anything about you only for you to think "hang on, why would you assume I can do that?" People will twist the narrative to whatever suits them. Morrissey said he self financed tours in the past, people scoffed at that. But now that it suits their purpose, suddenly that was 100% truth. I'd say more likely he never totally self financed tours and that was exaggerating. So now is there a bit of karma in that? Possibly. But the readiness some people have to actively gloat about that...I mean Christ, people here act like Morrissey personally ran over your dog. On purpose. Several times. At least try and hide your utter glee at the situation.

So after shelling out flights for Boulder and Dallas, against the friendly advice from friends, I went ahead and booked flights for Cleveland and Chicago - a total of $425 (plus 2 hotels, thankfully hadn't booked for next week yet).

That's it for me touring wise unless on my doorstep.
If there was no money in the pot as mentioned after Boulder, why approve a f***ing extension of the tour just a week ago - and then blame the promoter?
Something isn't right here (as always)

I am flying to Manchester on Sunday morning for a funeral Monday and flying back Tuesday because of the above gigs in Cleveland and Chicago. Had I not book I'd have gone for a week. f*** f*** f***.

Jukebox ''Pissed Off'' Jury

well thank you, gerrit dear. im really just surprised i've never gotten a redundant rating for it. :D
and i want you to know that you have my approval to buy yourself a new blazer for christmas! you deserve it for always thinking im funny, even when im not! mwah!

Maybe it is not considered redundant cause most fans know how important a blazer actually is for Moz. If there is anyone else out there for making the blazer look even more beautiful on him we would be in the know a long time ago.

The fact you are funny without you trying to make an effort is mildly irritating you. Because you exclusively want to be on your own witty account. Than you have control. I mean when you have put in some intellectual work in it. The idea you could be funny without even trying is putting you of. But I think you are funny even without trying. That is not so strange as you might think.

It is a good idea to go on a blazer shopping expedition as my last old but favorite blazer, black, Italian styled, is now falling to pieces and some shitbird, a seagull apparently choose me as his favorite goal to unload. I live near the coast and there's many of them.
The saying is, it brings you luck so I immediately bought a lottery ticket. To no avail.
Whatever I did to remove it, and the dry shop cleaner, it returned.
So I need one, really desperate for it! :o

Last edited:
Loudon Wainwright III is playing Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts, tonight.
MORRISSEY is here!!

No. It doesn't.
I am feeling happy for him now.

MORRISSEY is here!!
Where is this from?

Maybe it is not considered redundant cause most fans know how important a blazer actually is for Moz. If there is anyone else out there for making the blazer look even more beautiful on him we would be in the know a long time ago.

The fact you are funny without you trying to make an effort is mildly irritating you. Because you exclusively want to be on your own witty account. Than you have control. I mean when you have put in some intellectual work in it. The idea you could be funny without even trying is putting you of. But I think you are funny even without trying. That is not so strange as you might think.

It is a good idea to go on a blazer shopping as my last old but favorite blazer, black, Italian styled, is now falling to pieces and some shitbird, a seagull apparently choose me as his favorite goal to unload. I live near the coast and there's many of them.
The saying is, it brings you luck so I immediately bought a lottery ticket. To no avail.
Whatever I did to remove it, and the dry shop cleaner, it returned.
So I need one, really desperate for it! :o
yes, there is no one who wears a blazer quite like moz. heavens, i dont think i ever even gave a thought to blazers before moz. except maybe red velvet blazers, for who can resist a red velvet blazer, especially one with princess sleeves? i wonder how many blazers moz actually has? i imagine his closet is blazers upon blazers upon blazers, blazers to define you and blazers to confine you.

no, no i dont mind if im funny without trying to be--that's good, because it means minimal effort on my part. what is frustrating is when my most earnest attempts at seriousness are taken as me trying to be funny. it's gotten to the point where even i dont know if im serious or joking half the time.

tsk, gerritt, remember we talked about lottery tickets and them being tacky? you should consider yourself lucky for not winning because now you dont have to have your picture in the paper holding a giant cheque and then have to move to some exotic far away place where no one knows you or knows how you got rich. besides, i would say what that seagull did is not luck but sacrilege, rather. i mean, did he know it was italian?!

yes, there is no one who wears a blazer quite like moz. heavens, i dont think i ever even gave a thought to blazers before moz. except maybe red velvet blazers, for who can resist a red velvet blazer, especially one with princess sleeves? i wonder how many blazers moz actually has? i imagine his closet is blazers upon blazers upon blazers, blazers to define you and blazers to confine you.

no, no i dont mind if im funny without trying to be--that's good, because it means minimal effort on my part. what is frustrating is when my most earnest attempts at seriousness are taken as me trying to be funny. it's gotten to the point where even i dont know if im serious or joking half the time.

tsk, gerritt, remember we talked about lottery tickets and them being tacky? you should consider yourself lucky for not winning because now you dont have to have your picture in the paper holding a giant cheque and then have to move to some exotic far away place where no one knows you or knows how you got rich. besides, i would say what that seagull did is not luck but sacrilege, rather. i mean, did he know it was italian?!

Probably.
I think he resented me for walking around proud and having this attitude and maybe he just came straight from some Italian coast and wanted to take revenge and he recognized the Italian style and thought this is my chance ! Whatever they'd done to him, I was punished for it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom