TTY: The World Is Full of Crashing Bores - "The Truth About Popular Music" by Paul Joseph Watson

Last edited:
Oh, no. I don't need to read any book to know I can't criticize hatefully someone/something I love dearly. It's f***ing common sense.
Posting death threats toward Morrissey is hateful. Calling him homophobic slurs is hateful. Posting reasonable, thoughtful criticism of Morrissey's recent behavior and career choices is not hateful. Just because you disagree with a sentiment doesn't make it hateful. If you're too deluded and detached from reality to be able recognize the difference and the fact that fandom is not contingent upon unwavering, unquestioning support, then that's your problem, not Irregular Regular's.

Last edited:
Posting death threats toward Morrissey is hateful. Calling him homophobic slurs is hateful. Posting reasonable, thoughtful criticism of Morrissey's recent behavior and career choices is not hateful. Just because you disagree with a sentiment doesn't make it hateful. If you're too deluded and detached from reality to be able recognize the difference and the fact that fandom is not contingent upon unwavering, unquestioning support, then that's your problem, not Irregular Regular's.

That's my opinion, and since I'm not being insulting, disrespectful or threatening, I'll keep it.

I know professional haters will keep their hateful and resentful opinions justified in a nonexistent love, but I can’t stop saying what I think: most of their criticisms are not witty, ironic or funny as they think. They are boring, repetitive, malicious and libelous. And worst of all, they don´t have a good purpose.

You don’t need to reach the extreme of threatening someone’s life to be harmful and damage the person you say you dearly love.

Some of you Mozbots here sound positively unhinged and reflexively defensive (of Morrissey).

I can't upvote any of Irregular Regular's posts as I'm anonymous.

The words of a true hater...

Accept it Moz, your time in the limelight is gone, come to terms with this in a dignified manner and move on.
We are eternally grateful for the many incredible songs and memories over the years, decades in fact. You were peerless in your time, a true original.
This will never be forgotten or erased.

Why is it so difficult for some to be objective? Most people here know how much I love The Smiths and Moz, but this doesn't stop me from assessing the current situation in an objective way. And as I have said in the past, my comments are not borne out of hatred, they come from a place of sadness.

Moz is a legend and always will be, you are so blinded that you misunderstand me.

I don't hate Morrissey, quite the contrary actually, and I am not ashamed to admit it.
I do however have my own my mind, and in the same way that I will praise the vast majority of his work, I will also be critical when I feel he is letting himself down. Some recent examples include the Supreme venture, his unfortunate (at best) comments on the wake of the Paris massacre, allowing SER to post ridiculous sub-standard photoshop 'art' on TTY, etc.

I never said he was finished, I said his time in the limelight is over, he is more than capable of writing and recording another brilliant album.

He doesn't owe us anything, that much is true (I have said so myself in the past and I haven't changed my mind).
He owes it to himself to maintain a semblance of dignity as he enters what you describe as the sunset of his career.

Critics have been generally scathing of List Of The Lost, yet I like the book.

I still listen to The Smiths and Morrissey daily, and I still admire Moz for what he has done, not so much for what he does these days I must say.

Lawyer...liar.

Last edited by a moderator:
ffs what are you on about? isnt moz a big proponent of suicide?

nobody here, since i have been reading, has made any threats towards our mozzer. they have wished that he keel over but thats not that bad considering the mozzer has wished death on all manner of peeps.

"All I can say is ... come, come, nuclear bomb ... "

thats our mozzer, asking that peeps be nuked. not an easy way to go.

That's my opinion, and since I'm not being insulting, disrespectful or threatening, I'll keep it.

I know professional haters will keep their hateful and resentful opinions justified in a nonexistent love, but I can’t stop saying what I think: most of their criticisms are not witty, ironic or funny as they think. They are boring, repetitive, malicious and libelous. And worst of all, they don´t have a good purpose.

You don’t need to reach the extreme of threatening someone’s life to be harmful and damage the person you say you dearly love.

Your implication in post #264 that Irregular Regular has mental problems is not disrespectful or insulting? That's rich.

Feel free to define what a "professional hater" is, so we can better distinguish between one and any poster who offers any critique whatsoever of Morrissey or his music. You seem to think none of them have a "good purpose." Which begs the question: why bother reading and contributing posts to a discussion forum? Personally, I find blind, uncritical praise to be boring and repetitive. If that's what you seek, there are plenty of vacancies at AYNIM, the safe gated Morrissey community.

Your implication in post #264 that Irregular Regular has mental problems is not disrespectful or insulting? That's rich.

No, that's a health problem, not an insult. "Who the f*** do you think you are?" is disrespectful.

Feel free to define what a "professional hater" is, so we can better distinguish between one and any poster who offers any critique whatsoever of Morrissey or his music.

Join the two words and you'll find the definition.

You seem to think none of them have a "good purpose." Which begs the question: why bother reading and contributing posts to a discussion forum? Personally, I find blind, uncritical praise to be boring and repetitive. If that's what you seek, there are plenty of vacancies at AYNIM, the safe gated Morrissey community.

I didn't say "none of them" making reference to every poster who expresses a bad critic, I was talking about professional haters, those who blindly spread their hate on this site. Sometimes, disguising it as "love" (hypocrites). I know there are friendlier sites, but it's like when you visit a slaughterhouse to protest against the killing of cows and the owner sends you to visit an orchard so you don't have to see the blood. No, thank you.

nobody here, since i have been reading, has made any threats towards our mozzer. they have wished that he keel over but thats not that bad considering the mozzer has wished death on all manner of peeps.

"All I can say is ... come, come, nuclear bomb ... "

thats our mozzer, asking that peeps be nuked. not an easy way to go.

It was Detritus who made the first reference about threats:

I said

That's all

I thought it was pretty clear that I was merely providing examples of what is actually hateful and not accusing any specific person of making such remarks, but I guess that was too much to expect some of you to understand.

do you guys ever think it's like really weird how you analyze morrisseys life and career to death? i mean, he's not a scientific study. how are you going to profit from it? not only that but it's f***ing boring. every time anything it's posted on tty it automatically becomes a hot topic here, and ya'll are all over it like bloodsuckers, with the same tired arguments and insights, which are in actual fact not insightful in the slightest. it's bizarre is all i'm saying. the sublime glenn gould said that purpose of art is "the gradual life long construction of a state of wonder and serenity", and i view all art with this aim. so i dont frankly understand what is the purpose of arguing over whether a person is good or shit or what--if they're not doing anything for you, why be invested? unless of course it's their blood you want, not their art. for my own part, im over it. i feel like i should go pluck out my eyeballs now and flee into the desert for having had any part in it, however minute.

i mean, i still adore morrissey madly, and will defend him to the death, but im not interested in making a scientific study of him. i have enough confidence in my taste that i dont need any objective justification for my liking him.

Re: TTY: The World Is Full of Crashing Bores - "The Truth About Popular Music" by Paul Joseph Watson

anathematization of the world is not an adequate response to the world. ;) (donald barthelme)

what i would like to know is who the hell said anyone is supposed to be happy? there's this idea never more prevalent than in the 20th and 21st centuries that the greatest good in life, the whole reason for existing, is happiness, and that we all must come to it in the same prescribed ways, and if it eludes you than you've somehow failed in life. this is a deplorably unbalanced way of thinking, and has goes a long way, i think, toward creating much unhappiness--both in the depressive (whos unhappiness it no doubt compounds by the idea that there's something wrong with them, that they're missing out, by not being happy) and in the average person by instilling such an aversion and fear of unhappiness, that happiness becomes it's own opposite. to me this is not a very humanistic way of thinking: the idea that humans should by all means be happy, that they should reject suffering. because what happens is that when you reject suffering you're rejecting your own humanity, so much of which is based on suffering and struggle. suffering, make no mistake, is at the heart of everything. and people who think themselves happy or that put pressure on themselves to be happy are most likely latently unhappy. i find it really hard to believe that, for example, people who lead these suburban lives (sordid suburbia i call it, wrote a great essay on it once wherein my professor called me a future nobel prize winning writer *smug*) revolving around children and barbeques and soccer games are actually happy unless they're extraordinarily simple folk. in any case, a life like that can never afford real joy, the kind that bypasses such pedestrian ideas of happiness and doesnt depend on any cliche conditions for it's existance; the kind that you cant find in any of the familiar places, because like all things of any value it creates itself. and one of the keys to real joy is the refinement of emotion and the exquisiteness of the expression of that emotion--all emotions. which is why many artist who are said to be tortured souls are also said to experience moments of real joy and ecstasy which ordinary people with their mediocre ideas can never experience. and id much rather lead a raw ragged life with despair as my only companion in pursuit of the refinement of feeling than lead a boring borgeois life, where success in life is based upon the principle of being very very good at being very very mediocre. anyone who is so coarse as to believe that deserves to be unhappy.

The banality of your breathtakingly obvious definitions of 'radical vs conventional' are almost as silly as those which Morrissey has employed to justify his hissy fit misfit persona over pampered decades. He is no radical, neither are you. Much of the greatest Art emerges from those who rigidly stick to bourgeois convention, who have no interest in shock for shock's sake, pour epater les bourgeois. One can imagine Morrissey in some sybaritic 5 star dungeon reading Husyman's 'Against Nature' and thinking himself terribly clever for purloining another faux radical pose but those in the know with a big nose who know, know that Morrissey is a busted flush, a sad little Mancunian poof who blew it by being a splenetic smart-arse.

Of course, Morrissey's entire raison d'etre is to get those NormCore Suburban bums onto seats at £70 for 70 minutes of his faux-existential woe. He want to both have his cake and eat it. Wants a mass market promo budget and fanbase whilst despising them as Ordinary Boys. He can f***ing drop dead. All that remains is whether or not he croaks in an interesting way. He has nothing further to say as his 3 decades plus Smiths Tribute Band solo career is now a sick joke. Not funny anymore.Etc.

I assume you're a terribly earnest mid 20s type who's just discovered Oscar Wilde via Morrissey's ludicrous attempt to appropriate the Wilde Legacy. No doubt you have issues regarding sexual intimacy and thus are attracted to the Eternal Bridesmaid aka Morrissey. A bitter, twisted bridesmaid at that. Those of us lucky enough to have found love, family, the pleasures of hearth and home have no need or desire for the synthetic scams of faux-celebrity such as C List Diva Morrissey 'enjoys'. And those of us who enjoy a bit of cock now and then but don't feel the need to make a career of it simply are baffled at Morrissey's bizarre idea that #AllMenMightBeABitGayNowandThen is somehow still 'radical'. Nobody cares other than the only fey in the village known called Morrissey.

f*** Morrissey

Re: TTY: The World Is Full of Crashing Bores - "The Truth About Popular Music" by Paul Joseph Watson

hmm i have no interest in pursuing this. im just here for morrissey, not to argue with some gallumphing schlump about "radical vs. conventional". my own beliefs are enough. i think all your arguments are based on the premise that one might need justification for feeling a certain way or thinking a certain thing, and honey, i've never needed justification.

i wish morrissey were here, lurking in the shadows, this place would be infinitely more interesting then, imbued with his presence like that. i would tell him (to quote oscar wilde, as one does) i know hyacinthus whom apollo loved so madly was you in greek days!

sad that no one will probably ever love you like people love morrissey.

hmm i have no interest in pursuing this. im just here for morrissey, not to argue with some gallumphing schlump about "radical vs. conventional". my own beliefs are enough. i think all your arguments are based on the premise that one might need justification for feeling a certain way or thinking a certain thing, and honey, i've never needed justification.

i wish morrissey were here, lurking in the shadows, this place would be infinitely more interesting then, imbued with his presence like that. i would tell him (to quote oscar wilde, as one does) i know hyacinthus whom apollo loved so madly was you in greek days!

sad that no one will probably ever love you like people love morrissey.

Your own beliefs are enough? There's a word for that: Solipsism. It's a sign of mental illness.

He is here, he spends every waking hour here and obsessively reads every single comment I make. Trust me. I have contacts.

The tragic figure is Morrissey who will never know the love of a wife and children such i have been blessed with, but still, he's got his C List celebrity...you're just here for Morrissey to be another sychophantic arse-licking cult member. Have fun with that, loser. Take your Oscar appropriations and stick them up your arse.

- - - Updated - - -

"If you cannot impress people simply by being part of the great fat human race, then you really do have to develop other skills. And if you don't impress people by the way you look then you really do have to develop other skills. And if you are now going to ask is everything I did just a way to gain some form of attention, well that's not entirely true. It is a small way but that's in the very nature of being alive."

Wanting to be loved?
"To be seen, above all else. I wanted to be noticed and the way I lived and do live has a desperate neurosis about it because of that. All humans need a degree of attention. Some people get it at the right time when they are 13 or 14. People get loved at the right stages. If this doesn't happen, if the love isn't there you can quite easily just fade away."

"Fame can demand upon you a sudden wish to get along unseen, after those riddled years of wanting nothing at all but to be heard."

Morrissey isn't famous and never was famous. MJ and Madonna enjoyed genuine Fame, Morrissey was briefly notorious in the UK but never 'famous'. And he's never risen above curiosity level in the US. He's a failure on the terms he set for himself. It's just delicious to observe

- - - Updated - - -

I dream of Morrissey being thrown from a cliff by ISIS.
He is a silly Mancunian Liberace clone poof.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, boo! hoo!
Who loves Trollissey?
I think he's a ridiculous poof

- - - Updated - - -

do you guys ever think it's like really weird how you analyze morrisseys life and career to death? i mean, he's not a scientific study. how are you going to profit from it? not only that but it's f***ing boring. every time anything it's posted on tty it automatically becomes a hot topic here, and ya'll are all over it like bloodsuckers, with the same tired arguments and insights, which are in actual fact not insightful in the slightest. it's bizarre is all i'm saying. the sublime glenn gould said that purpose of art is "the gradual life long construction of a state of wonder and serenity", and i view all art with this aim. so i dont frankly understand what is the purpose of arguing over whether a person is good or shit or what--if they're not doing anything for you, why be invested? unless of course it's their blood you want, not their art. for my own part, im over it. i feel like i should go pluck out my eyeballs now and flee into the desert for having had any part in it, however minute.

i mean, i still adore morrissey madly, and will defend him to the death, but im not interested in making a scientific study of him. i have enough confidence in my taste that i dont need any objective justification for my liking him.

Not weird at all, some people do jigsaw puzzles, some watch Dad's Army all day. Mocking Morrissey seems of the same order of significance, ie: not very significant at all.
Why are you talking about Art, darling? Morrissey isn't an artist. He's a tart-fart poof pseud.

I think they're doing a thesis on him. Once they've bitched and moaned enough they're all going to compare notes while thumbing each other :thumb:

The words of a true hater...

Lawyer...liar.

Lol now he's quoting himself. Get over yourself for gods sake. You're out of your depth Oscar. Go back to the shallow end and preach to your choir.

When did I say these were morrisseys best years? Oh god I'm doing it again. Conversing with a dull troll.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not weird at all, some people do jigsaw puzzles, some watch Dad's Army all day. Mocking Morrissey seems of the same order of significance, ie: not very significant at all.
lol i dont know ANYONE who does jigsaw puzzles. but at least that seems like it would be an equanimity promoting excercise, as opposed to this unskilfull anger shit. i mean i can feel the bad vibes through the screen and i dont understand frankly why it is has to be that way. normally when i encounter people on the internet who are nasty, they're at least funny.

lol i dont know ANYONE who does jigsaw puzzles. but at least that seems like it would be an equanimity promoting excercise, as opposed to this unskilfull anger shit. i mean i can feel the bad vibes through the screen and i dont understand frankly why it is has to be that way. normally when i encounter people on the internet who are nasty, they're at least funny.

It's a cry for help. These guys are the kids that were screaming in the supermarket for attention while the rest of us stood there bemused wondering what could possibly be so tortoureos.

Can you imagine being in their social circle in real life? The amount of judgemental bullshit you'd have to put up with?

Last edited:

It's a cry for help. These guys are the kids that were screaming in the supermarket for attention while the rest of us stood there bemused wondering what could possibly be so tortoureos.
oh dear, i was one of those children :p
BUT! the difference i think between me and them is.... i grew out of it.

Your own beliefs are enough? There's a word for that: Solipsism. It's a sign of mental illness.
uh yeah, i know what solipsism is, and it's actually not applicable here. it's actually called having inner harmony. i dont suspect you have any clue what that's about.

Back
Top Bottom