TTY: The World Is Full of Crashing Bores - "The Truth About Popular Music" by Paul Joseph Watson

Last edited:
geez. talk about hitting a brick wall. the sad fact is when moz does the title track of world peace a certain hush falls over the venue and a steady stream of punters file out to the facilities.
solo moz has but a couple of 'hits' if you dont count the paris song which 'should have been one' in the aftermath of the paris attacks.

coulda shoulda woulda but can't didn't won't, and never will be

:lbf:

Yeah, a couple of people checking their phones is genuine evidence of, 'what the reality of the situation is'.

Fans at gigs for nearly any established band prefer to hear the oldies...and Morrissey plays far fewer of his hits than most.

That's because they are backward looking lazy people who still think The Smiths should reunite. Anyone who looks at a phone more than once or twice during a concert or film should be ejected from the building. They don't deserve to be there. They are selfish and don't care what people around them think or feel. Same for wipes who stand with their back to the stage talking. Good riddance to bad brain-dead rubbish. You don't see Paul Weller pandering to twits so why should Moz? Weller might play 3 or 4 old songs (and that's a fairly recent occurrence) but the main set is new songs or relatively new songs. He doesn't give a toss what people think and he's right.
You can't win with some people. I know someone who was at The Cure and complained that out of the 40 songs they played it didn't include Lovecats. There will always be whingers. Whingers with phones are even more annoying. They deserve zero consideration.

Moaning about the state of modern music, 'why will no one notice my genius and give me a record contract?', droning on and on about the British Royal Family: Morrissey has become the very definition of a crushing bore. It's all quite sad.

giphy.gif

Seriously???? Paul Joseph Watson? What's he going to start posting next, 9/11 truther vids and David Icke ramblings? I don't actually think Morrissey is as intelligent as people always assumed he was. This proves it. He's got the intellectual tastes of a rebellious 15 year old. This makes me sad. :crazy::(

The thing is this isn't a random quote and the point is not 'lame', it's something I posted in response to Jamie's point (in post # 212) about Moz becoming a legacy act and people coming to his gigs these days to hear the old hits.
The quote is very recent and relevant, and coupled with the example I provided, it illustrates perfectly the gulf between Morrissey's perception of how good World Peace... (both the song and the album) is and what the reality of the situation is, with people at his gigs displaying at best an indifferent reaction to these songs, and this is certainly what I've witnessed at the UK gigs I attended.

I cannot help it if you are unable to read contextually.

Your posts just point out the gulf between your perception and the views of rational human beings. So you don't like Morrissey's latest album? It's time you and your closely followed behind thumb brigade moved on. If you actually made rational sense I'd bother debating you, but it's a waste of time.

Last edited:
Your posts just point out the gulf between your perception and the views of rational human beings. So you don't like Morrissey's latest album? It's time you and your closely followed behind thumb brigade moved on. If you actually made rational sense I'd bother debating you, but it's a waste of time.

Who the f*** do you think you are? I've been listening to The Smiths and Morrissey pretty much all of my life and I happen not to be too keen on his recent output and you tell me to move on?
On what authority? I'll move on when I decide it's time to move on, thank you very much.
As for debating with you, well I never wanted to in the first place, do not flatter yourself. I simply responded to your unwelcome responses to my posts.

Take your blinkers off son, it's a real shame you missed out on Morrissey's best years, but defending him blindly now is not gonna change that, so just carry on believing that what you see now is the 'real deal'.

Seriously???? Paul Joseph Watson? What's he going to start posting next, 9/11 truther vids and David Icke ramblings? I don't actually think Morrissey is as intelligent as people always assumed he was. This proves it. He's got the intellectual tastes of a rebellious 15 year old. This makes me sad. :crazy::(

moz has always come off as fake deep to me lmao

:lbf:

Yeah, a couple of people checking their phones is genuine evidence of, 'what the reality of the situation is'.

Fans at gigs for nearly any established band prefer to hear the oldies...and Morrissey plays far fewer of his hits than most.

What I don't understand is why someone (morrissey) who has routinely said that he doesn't care for fame; he didn't ask for it, never wanted it etc, has lately been acting like a spurned Elton John. He never was (by has own definition) Elton bloody John. He is massive in Indie circles; a genre he geekily cultivated. Has he just forgotten? Why oh why?

Who the f*** do you think you are? I've been listening to The Smiths and Morrissey pretty much all of my life and I happen not to be too keen on his recent output and you tell me to move on?
On what authority? I'll move on when I decide it's time to move on, thank you very much.
As for debating with you, well I never wanted to in the first place, do not flatter yourself. I simply responded to your unwelcome responses to my posts.

Take your blinkers off son, it's a real shame you missed out on Morrissey's best years, but defending him blindly now is not gonna change that, so just carry on believing that what you see now is the 'real deal'.

its pointless getting angry at a mozbot, they have very weak minds. they are always on automatic.
they are the ones that should go to their natural home, the blue rose blog, but it may be a bit too creepy even for them, with the asta, fifi, and all sort of solitary nonsense.

That works both ways doesn't it. Some would say that if you believe that when Morrissey was playing 14-song concerts and releasing singles based on awful puns his career was closer to the 'real deal' than it has been since, that you are romanticizing the past and the blinkers should come off for you too.

"Still I'd rather be famous than righteous or holy, any day, any day, any day"

Never asked for fame? That's not my impression at all.

"If you cannot impress people simply by being part of the great fat human race, then you really do have to develop other skills. And if you don't impress people by the way you look then you really do have to develop other skills. And if you are now going to ask is everything I did just a way to gain some form of attention, well that's not entirely true. It is a small way but that's in the very nature of being alive."

Wanting to be loved?
"To be seen, above all else. I wanted to be noticed and the way I lived and do live has a desperate neurosis about it because of that. All humans need a degree of attention. Some people get it at the right time when they are 13 or 14. People get loved at the right stages. If this doesn't happen, if the love isn't there you can quite easily just fade away."

"Fame can demand upon you a sudden wish to get along unseen, after those riddled years of wanting nothing at all but to be heard."

Did you ever think you may be confusing Morrissey's best years with the best years of your own life? You can't say the best years of an artist's career are in the past when his career is far from having reached its end and he still has a long way ahead.

It would be healthier for you to invest your time listening to the music you enjoy during this stage of your life and stop criticizing the artist you admired in the past. He sold you his albums and tickets for his concerts, he didn't sell you the right to direct his career or to judge his life choices.

Did you ever think you may be confusing Morrissey's best years with the best years of your own life? You can't say the best years of an artist's career are in the past when his career is far from having reached its end and he still has a long way ahead.

It would be healthier for you to invest your time listening to the music you enjoy during this stage of your life and stop criticizing the artist you admired in the past. He sold you his albums and tickets for his concerts, he didn't sell you the right to direct his career or to judge his life choices.

This is without doubt the most ridiculous post I have ever read on solo, hands down.

I still listen to The Smiths and Morrissey daily, and I still admire Moz for what he has done, not so much for what he does these days I must say.
I am not trying to direct his career, just expressing my opinion, there is a huge difference.
As for the judging comment, everyone judges everything, we all do it, several times everyday. You are judging me with your inane post for example, you don't know me really, you've read a few posts I made here and reached the conclusion that I am confusing the best years of my life with the best years of Morrissey's career. If that is not judging I don't know what is.
The best years of my life are still to come btw, something I can categorically assure you is not the case when it comes to Morrissey's career.

Life is unfair, I may just go and top myself.

This is without doubt the most ridiculous post I have ever read on solo, hands down.

I still listen to The Smiths and Morrissey daily, and I still admire Moz for what he has done, not so much for what he does these days I must say.
I am not trying to direct his career, just expressing my opinion, there is a huge difference.
As for the judging comment, everyone judges everything, we all do it, several times everyday. You are judging me with your inane post for example, you don't know me really, you've read a few posts I made here and reached the conclusion that I am confusing the best years of my life with the best years of Morrissey's career. If that is not judging I don't know what is.
The best years of my life are still to come btw, something I can categorically assure you is not the case when it comes to Morrissey's career.

I think it is a very fair comment to suggest that some posters here view past Morrissey albums (and tours) with rose-tinted spectacles.

An obvious question but if Morrissey had issued an album like Southpaw Grammar or Maladjusted in 2014, would people be classing it as a return to form? Not a chance imo.

I'm asking you about the possibility you are hooked in the past. You say "I can categorically assure". The fact you listen to The Smiths and Morrissey on a daily basis doesn't entitle you to be the owner of the truth. You've stated pretty clearly several times you don't admire what he does these days. It can be said your dislike has been turned into insults many times. That's much more than expressing an opinion.

I don't want to judge you because I don't know you and I never will. I'm questioning your sick approach to Morrissey's career. You have a hateful obsession with the way a person who is not you is managing his artistic career. I doubt about the mental health transluced by that behavior. I don't desire this question can be understood as an insult to you, because I'm very respectful towards those issues.

You can say what you like about me and my post. But it's unfair the way you talk about Morrissey, because I'm sure he offers the best he can offer in each period of his life. He never gives up, he is making new beautiful songs, he has a grat voice, he's doing wonderful shows. He's not exploiting his past, he's advancing towards the future. Can you respect that?

I'm asking you about the possibility you are hooked in the past. You say "I can categorically assure". The fact you listen to The Smiths and Morrissey on a daily basis doesn't entitle you to be the owner of the truth. You've stated pretty clearly several times you don't admire what he does these days. It can be said your dislike has been turned into insults many times. That's much more than expressing an opinion.

I don't want to judge you because I don't know you and I never will. I'm questioning your sick approach to Morrissey's career. You have a hateful obsession with the way a person who is not you is managing his artistic career. I doubt about the mental health transluced by that behavior. I don't desire this question can be understood as an insult to you, because I'm very respectful towards those issues.

You can say what you like about me and my post. But it's unfair the way you talk about Morrissey, because I'm sure he offers the best he can offer in each period of his life. He never gives up, he is making new beautiful songs, he has a grat voice, he's doing wonderful shows. He's not exploiting his past, he's advancing towards the future. Can you respect that?

'A sick approach to Morrissey's career?' 'A hateful obsession?' You are out of your mind, completely out of your mind.
Let me explain to you something you will not find in law books, you can love someone/something dearly and still be critical of certain aspects of their being, try to wrap your mind around that.

'A sick approach to Morrissey's career?' 'A hateful obsession?' You are out of your mind, completely out of your mind.
Let me explain to you something you will not find in law books, you can love someone/something dearly and still be critical of certain aspects of their being, try to wrap your mind around that.

You need to take some laxatives "Irregular regular". You are full of shi!t, or in a case you are a vegan full of squirts. Life is full of criticism, can't you just relax? And if you really love somebody, then you take them with the good, the bad and the ugly. No need to toss it around.

Oh, no. I don't need to read any book to know I can't criticize hatefully someone/something I love dearly. It's f***ing common sense.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom