TTY: The Queen is Dead - UK vinyl charts

:thumbsdown:Come on kids you need to purchase more than one or two copies you know if you want to make Steven happy and get him that number one he so craves ! :rofl:

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Nice article and agree the Lyrics on queen are some of his best though I think I liked the music more on meat is murder myself. Either way I hope more than fifty percent open and play it

I still pass through here , on the way to somewhere civilised and indeed I still work for hmv who do indeed still exist
Vinyl is big business for us now , and though the qty sold is not huge , the smiths vinyls always pretty much top our best sellers ... TQID and Hatful especially... and it's young 'uns usually buying it.. long may it last !!

Both of these albums are amazing and the artwork is so, so interesting. TQID is like the White Album, you think it's a greatest hits.

I suspect you only need to sell about 50 units to get into the Top 40 vinyl charts these days.

Didn't Morrissey used to ask his fans not to buy Smiths products because of the royalties issue? But now it seems he wants us to buy TQID to get it into the charts. I wonder why he changed his mind...

Didn't Morrissey used to ask his fans not to buy Smiths products because of the royalties issue? But now it seems he wants us to buy TQID to get it into the charts. I wonder why he changed his mind...
Those were rereleases by WEA that he had no say in. This is just The Queen Is Dead, which he had plenty of say in :)

Oh, I see! Thanks for the clarification!
This compilation was one of the culprits, but I think most of his protests have been about EMI rereleasing Morrissey Solo stuff years back before they kissed and made up by doing rereleases with his input and sign off as of 2011 or so.

183153_1_f.jpg

Tags
charts

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom