TTY: The face of 2016

It's often quite entertaining to deal with the extreme left. Their detachment from reality, combined with a vaulting ego which not only tells them they are right, but that others who don't agree are stupid, makes for some entertaining drivel from anyone left of Corbyn.

It's been a long time since a King or Queen directly ordered troops into battle on the European continent. Since Kaiser Bill we tend to leave such decisions in the hands of our civilian political masters. As history buffs may have read, they haven't exactly been shy to get stuck in down the years

In Europe today there are quite a few constitutional monarchies, including Britain, the Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Spain and Luxembourg. Every one of those nations is a stable liberal democracy. Every one. Spain, it is fair to say, was delivered from Franco and civil unrest by implementing a transition to a constitutional monarchy. Far from being an aberrant, reviled method of governance in some quarters there's plenty of evidence to suggest constitutional monarchy might be about the most advanced system of government yet devised.

Later this year the nation which likes to present itself as the greatest democracy in the world will be choosing a new King or, perhaps, Queen. Let's not mince words, that's what the USA will be doing. Only the name has changed. That King or Queen will almost certainly divide the nation right down the middle, and will be invested with powers a constitutional monarch could not even approach.

Personally, I think it will be Cruz, but do you know what? Past that simple thought, it's none of my business whether it's Hillary, or Trump or Sanders or whomever. I don't have a dog in the race. That is a choice for the American people, and I'd no sooner exhort an American to choose one candidate over another than I would expect them to tell me how best to run my country.

(Incidentally, your current King will be over here in a couple of weeks to poke his nose into the Brexit debate, an interference in the internal affairs of a sovereign ally that is nothing short of a disgrace.)

What I'm building to is this. If you aren't British the way we run our democracy, which I think it is fair to say has been used as a template for how to create a successful, stable, free nation across the globe, is nobody else's f***ing business but ours.

I neither know or care who might run many other nations or how it is decided upon. Hanging chad, toss of a coin, arm wrestling, barrel of a gun. None of my business. Just as if you aren't a Brit, this is none of yours.

Now that has been established I'd like to point out Queen Elizabeth II has an approval rating here that any politician would kill for. Fact.

I really hope Morrissey will be buried, rather than cremated, and that he is laid to rest in the UK. I wouldn't want to have to travel too far to piss on his grave.

If you like funding millions of pounds to fund a family who doesn't havr any authority and who don't seem to add any value except to attend ship launching parties, that is your business. In the United States, we get rid of you if you don't work hard.

So he promotes the imagery of violence against a woman, also the queen of a country (didn't he say something violence inducing about that Canadian female Politition)

To the female reader, is this acceptable?

I am absolutely ok with mocking, criticizing, berating, satirizing, political figures (and popstars) but I do not accept the vein of violence against persons such as this.

Surely it's believable that he would try to obtain David's address and have someone do something with that info.

Remember, it is this kind of blind hatred that has caused the recent terror attacks. If the queen were attacked, would morrissey applaud that act as represented in this TTY post.

So he promotes the imagery of violence against a woman, also the queen of a country (didn't he say something violence inducing about that Canadian female Politition)

I am absolutely ok with mocking, criticizing, berating, satirizing, political figures (and popstars) but I do not accept the vein of violence against persons such as this.

Surely it's believable that he would try to obtain David's address and have someone do something with that info.

Remember, it is this kind of blind hatred that has caused the recent terror attacks. If the queen were attacked, would morrissey applaud that act as represented in this TTY post.
I do not see what difference it makes at all, you either disagree with the violence or you don't, man or woman. It is not relevance whether the person in question is male or female. I think it says more about a person that thinks it would be acceptable if it was a man he had posted.

Last edited:
I do not see what difference it makes at all, you either disagree with the violence or you don't, man or woman. It is not relevance whether the person in question is male or female. I think it says more about a person that thinks it would be acceptable if it was a man he had posted.

I said "persons". Not offended by your comment and don't think it says anything about you. But do you agree with the violence. You did not state but responded.

i suppose the image of her being old and battered does make her seem like a sympathetic figure (not to me, i've known enough nasty racist dumb f*** piece of work old people to know that it should be criminal not to be able to beat some of them to death), and thus maybe the picture isnt that effective (depending on what morrisseys purpose for posting it is. if it's just to reiterate how little affection he has for her, then i suppose it is very effective. message received!). but it is, after all, just a picture. everyone knows it's just a picture and that this isnt just any old person, it's the queen. everyone knows that this didnt actually happen to the queen and that it never will happen to the queen, so i really dont see what the fuss is.

Your trying to read to much into it rifke, there is no enigma to the online confectionery store it's just there to supply the munchies when we are gripped to our sofas witnessing Silly Steven and his nephew Gary Barlow self destruct by posting whacko cracko gin n tonic rants on TTY.
There was a gap in the market and I took a punt upon it. That's all there is to it.
No shop today due to walking round the Trough of Bowland.

Benny-the-British-Butcher
dammit i wanted some salt water taffy! bloody useless you are :(

I think posting a doctored photograph of a 90-year-old Queen with the suggestion that the British people should physically batter her is pretty insane, yes. It's sick.

Well, yes. This is bizarre. I'm all for free speech and free expression and I cannot stand censorship. But God, Morrissey... this is one step away from inciting violence!

I mean, fine, he doesn't like the monarchy. But does it really matter that much to him? The Royal figureheads are relatively inconsequential, practically and tangibly speaking, in his life. I just don't get how he gets so worked up over them.

It's irrelevant that she's a woman. Violence is violence. But yes, it is essentially inciting violence against persons--public persons in the cases of Gail Shea and the Queen--with really no humour.

It's the same nonsense with people calling for Trump to be assassinated. It's all so juvenile.

Again, I'm totally pro-free speech and anti-censorship so I don't really care from that perspective. It's just like "Morrissey, dude... why do you even care? You can do better."

It's irrelevant that she's a woman. Violence is violence. But yes, it is essentially inciting violence against persons--public persons in the cases of Gail Shea and the Queen--with really no humour.

It's the same nonsense with people calling for Trump to be assassinated. It's all so juvenile.

Again, I'm totally pro-free speech and anti-censorship so I don't really care from that perspective. It's just like "Morrissey, dude... why do you even care? You can do better."

When people wake up and know the truth, the image of the queen/ the royals will take a beating. Not literally, but symbolically. It's also important to note the queen's expression. She could really care less.

Monarchy shouldn't exist in any country. They don't have political power, they don't represent the country, they were not choose by us. The money they spend and get from us could be well inverted on better things. We don't live in a feudal society anymore. We're in the XXI Century!!!!

Can't wait to read the post on TTY excoriating David Cameron and others for their creative accounting arrangements in Panama.

i suppose the image of her being old and battered does make her seem like a sympathetic figure (not to me, i've known enough nasty racist dumb f*** piece of work old people to know that it should be criminal not to be able to beat some of them to death), and thus maybe the picture isnt that effective (depending on what morrisseys purpose for posting it is. if it's just to reiterate how little affection he has for her, then i suppose it is very effective. message received!). but it is, after all, just a picture. everyone knows it's just a picture and that this isnt just any old person, it's the queen. everyone knows that this didnt actually happen to the queen and that it never will happen to the queen, so i really dont see what the fuss is.

coming from a neo nazi this is really rich. you know tons or racist old people, it just happens that none of them are your nazi friends.

It's long and protracted to explain the role of a constitutional monarchy, and I thought the links might explain things better than I could. In short, the Queen has "ceremonial" powers - such as summoning and dissolving Parliament, declaring war, giving Royal Assent to bills, giving the Queen's Speech etc - but in reality, these processes are decided and handled by the Government. That's Parliamentary sovereignty.

- - - Updated - - -

Because he has no record deal, is still smarting from the 'List of the Lost' disaster and is feeling a bit forgotten?

Oh, so that's your main objective in life Amy? To listen to the Queen's speech?

Monarchy shouldn't exist in any country. They don't have political power, they don't represent the country, they were not choose by us. The money they spend and get from us could be well inverted on better things. We don't live in a feudal society anymore. We're in the XXI Century!!!!

It is not only about money, it's about integration. The big problem with people who believe that there are people of a higher level is that they also believe that there are people of a lower level. Such a society generates discrimination, it's a society of ghettoes.

I don't know. First I thought this was a bit much. Then I read the papers today and Kate's £ 1.700 pound dress this and £ 2.000 pound dress that, and then there's people I know who are dying because they can't get their cancer drugs.

For all I know this useless lot can go die in a fire.

Last edited:
I don't know. I was just reading the "news" and Kate's £ 1.700 pound dress this and £ 2.000 pound dress that, and then there's people I know who are dying because they can't get their cancer drugs.

For all I know this useless lot can go die in a fire.

That's a symbol. A symbol that medical helicopter pilots must have a very good salary there.

That's a symbol. A symbol that medical helicopter pilots must have a very good salary there.

What do you mean?

I don't understand your post.

I don't understand any of your posts to be honest.

What do you mean?

I don't understand your post.

I don't understand any of your posts to be honest.

I think I got it. It took a little while, but I believe the word "symbol" is misused in her sentence. I think what she is driving at is that Kate's husband, William, the medical helicopter pilot makes a decent enough wage to cover the purchase of these dresses, and that public money was not used to purchase them.

My guess would be that dress designers are falling over themselves to get Kate to wear their clothing. Let's face it, Kate has the perfect body for modeling high end fashion. I would think these dresses/gowns are given to her in return for her wearing them.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom