TTY: Thank you, New York City - Morrissey on endangered species art lighting up Empire State Buildin

Last edited:
I value the freedom to speak my opinion here and not have it modded away for being critical of Morrissey, so cheers to that. He says and does more things to invite criticism than a lot of people and even fans are going to call some of these spades spades if they're being objective. There's no need to sanitize that. A thing happens, good, bad, or otherwise, and we fans talk about it.

And my own thoughts about Morrissey have sadly become more mixed over the years, down from a peak of exuberant, if half blind, admiration. And if I have something critical to say, I say it. I don't try to be a part of some Taylor Swift style teen twitter defense league - Morrissey decamped from this place years ago and doesn't need defenders. If you're seeing others do that, I'll take your word for it. They could just have different opinions, things being subjective and all, but you've observed whatever you've observed.

But that's where you and some much less pleasant commenters mistake me, earnestly in your case I suspect and deliberately in theirs. There's a big difference between level, open, critical conversation, which I have no problem with, and the unfailing opportunistic bitter shitting that some users here engage in every day. I'm not going to entertain your suggestion that this is something other than a fan site. That's an unworthy nonstarter for me, which is why these people's seemingly vendetta-driven behavior here is just bafflingly absurd.

They're free to come spray their shit everywhere and I'm free to mock and lance them for spending their days doing that on a site dedicated to someone they have such scathing contempt for. That doesn't mean I want some other person to bite their tongue instead of saying they don't like a song or an album or a show or a shirt or a public statement or whatever.

This is a place that Morrissey fans come to enjoy talking about Morrissey things with other Morrissey fans. The shitters' goal on the other hand is different - it's just to poison the atmosphere with sewage and then stand back and jack off while watching everyone else have to deal with it - I don't even think it's really about Morrissey for them anymore, just the jacking off. Either that or they're trapped here for some reason, bitter about it, and have nothing else to do. Either way they're pathetic and it's gratifying to tell them so. So, now I'm satisfied for a while. It was nice talking to you.

You too ID. I really do understand what you are driving at here, and you are most certainly correct that some of the comments posted go far beyond a fair critique of the man, his actions and his music. What to do though? That is the real question. This is a public site, where anyone and everyone no matter how damaged and disturbed can post their thoughts. You can block certain registered posters, but I have read that this is somehow ineffective or restrictive as it relates to viewing a thread. I am the very last person to ask how this site works as I am extremely old in terms of technology...pining for the days of the old dial telephone, simple record player and VHS. Twitter, Instagram, Periscope, etc. are foreign languages to me.

I think the only attitude to adopt is a "take the good with the bad" one. Morrissey comparing meat eaters to pedophiles, or the Royal family to Hitler is more disturbing to me than almost anything I see posted here. It is, after all, subjective in the end. Free speech, what is or should be considered to be offensive is difficult to answer. I will say that the cloak of anonymity is a powerful tool when it comes to allowing some to show the darkest side of their personality.

Do you want me to go in my corner like a good n*****?

tumblr_npur3vf9xd1rzkjt5o1_250.jpg

Once again a post on SOLO has gone off the rails. Only here can an article about Morrissey being touched in a not so nice way turn into a directionless, futile, slur-hurling,useless debate on race. What a complete waste of time....LOL.

I got a PM from David telling me the word "n*****" is not welcome here. THe same site that comfortably alludes to Morrissey being a pedophile, Morrissey, the same man who referred to the entire Chinese population as a SUB-SPECIES who has indicated he basically thinks all humans should be dead, is PROFOUNDLY OFFENDED that I used a WORD that is NOT WELCOME. I did not CALL ANYBODY BUT MYSELF A n*****. I did not direct HATE at anyone, I simply pointed out that the resounding cry that I GO BACK TO MY AREA IN THE PIGSTY was akin to asking the n***** TO GET IN HER PLACE.

Are we next going to comb the What Song Are You Listening TO and Rap Music threads for the offending word? Or are we going to not give the word POLITICALLY CORRECT POWER which is a way of demonizing a thought through moral objective standards that are NOT universal. The same people offended by the word n***** will turn around and shoot down a bill to feed veterans or assist beaten housewives. We're all NIGGERS.

Last edited:
I got a PM from David telling me the word "n*****" is not welcome here. THe same site that comfortably alludes to Morrissey being a pedophile, Morrissey, the same man who referred to the entire Chinese population as a SUB-SPECIES who has indicated he basically thinks all humans should be dead, is PROFOUNDLY OFFENDED that I used a WORD that is NOT WELCOME. I did not CALL ANYBODY BUT MYSELF A n*****. I did not direct HATE at anyone, I simply pointed out that the resounding cry that I GO BACK TO MY AREA IN THE PIGSTY was akin to asking the n***** TO GET IN HER PLACE.

Are we next going to comb the What Song Are You Listening TO and Rap Music threads for the offending word? Or are we going to not give the word POLITICALLY CORRECT POWER which is a way of demonizing a thought through moral objective standards that are NOT universal. The same people offended by the word n***** will turn around and shoot down a bill to feed veterans or assist beaten housewives. We're all NIGGERS.

Not sure why you see a problem with being asked not to use the word? Look at it this way. When I worked, if i had called the Chinese population a sub species i would be asked why I think that, if i used the offensive word you continue in to use, in any context, there would have been an investigation and I would possibly have been sacked.

61150370.jpg

You are right about this but most people are not going to understand. Out side of society.is where I wanna be.

Most people didn't understand Patti either.

Last edited by a moderator:

The word as in the actual letters forming the word don't intrinsically bother me.

I do have a problem with silly privileged white girls telling people where people can and can't use that word, in some pseudo intellectual manor.

It is simply not your place or your battle and no amount of mental gymnastics will change that.

Surely you can see how insultin it is to call yourself that word, it has a very specific meaning towards and only towards a specific minority of people. You can't change the meaning and derivation of words at will because of your own personal convictions, language simply doesn't work like that and that word doesn't mean what you say it does.

OR to put it another way as Mozza has sang before "It seems if you're rich and you're white, you think you're so right"

The word as in the actual letters forming the word don't intrinsically bother me.

I do have a problem with silly privileged white girls telling people where people can and can't use that word, in some pseudo intellectual manor.

It is simply not your place or your battle and no amount of mental gymnastics will change that.

Surely you can see how insultin it is to call yourself that word, it has a very specific meaning towards and only towards a specific minority of people. You can't change the meaning and derivation of words at will because of your own personal convictions, language simply doesn't work like that and that word doesn't mean what you say it does.

OR to put it another way as Mozza has sang before "It seems if you're rich and you're white, you think you're so right"

Sooooooo, you think the word should be reserved for black people? (As it should be?)

ASk yourself why you feel it is a derogatory word, why simple-minded people knee-jerk conclude that it is a word that should not be uttered. Is it because the word describes a person whose skin is black in color? Is that the CORE REASON the word is derogatory? Or does the word represent a greater movement of suppression? Is it as simple as color, a descriptor of a skin type? The "silly WHITE girl" is asking you this since it's the crux of your argument. Keep in mind if this is the case, you've represented yourself as a veiled racist.

Sooooooo, you think the word should be reserved for black people? (As it should be?)

ASk yourself why you feel it is a derogatory word, why simple-minded people knee-jerk conclude that it is a word that should not be uttered. Is it because the word describes a person whose skin is black in color? Is that the CORE REASON the word is derogatory? Or does the word represent a greater movement of suppression? Is it as simple as color, a descriptor of a skin type? The "silly WHITE girl" is asking you this since it's the crux of your argument. Keep in mind if this is the case, you've represented yourself as a veiled racist.

I'm not the same person who addressed you above, but to me this is an example of intent vs impact/perception. You may claim no ill intent, but when multiple posters are finding your word choice distasteful, why don't you just drop it or apologize? For you to keep pushing the issue and acting defensive makes you seem purposefully offensive and hurtful. It's gross. Just stop. I belong to a racial minority myself and find your continued attempts at provocation here quite disgusting.

I'm not the same person who addressed you above, but to me this is an example of intent vs impact/perception. You may claim no ill intent, but when multiple posters are finding your word choice distasteful, why don't you just drop it or apologize? For you to keep pushing the issue and acting defensive makes you seem purposefully offensive and hurtful. It's gross. Just stop. I belong to a racial minority myself and find your continued attempts at provocation here quite disgusting.

She doesn't get enough attention in her own thread, where she is privileged to be able to post all sorts of disturbing/disturbed content, so she hijacks a thread that will actually get some traffic. The site itself has obviously been more that tolerant. The reason she doesn't just drop it is because it got the exact effect she intended.

Great point about intent vs impact/perception.

no veil covers your deep seated racism, it shows itself plainly for all to see.

1. I posed a theory questioning the authorship of TTY that thought outside the box. I took a stab that it was ghost written due to its inconsistency.

2. It was suggested by Mcrickson and an Anonymous poster that I just talk about my theories in my established thread instead of the main page because my ideas are not worthy of the consideration of the main page.

3. I said, "Do you want me to go in my corner like a good n*****?"

Now, since I used a "sensitive" word to describe the oppression my ideas are met with, I am suddenly an attention-seeking racist. You people seem incapable of logical discourse or processing ideas without resorting to distracted diatribes of moral superiority while you exercise the oppression I'm trying to fight. I'd just as soon you talk about Morrissey's motivations for hating humanity. Perhaps I just did.

Why demonize a word? It gives it power. It's a real word with a real history. NIGGERS have been subjected to being banished to their areas for centuries. It's an applicable word to the sentiment of the post above it, I should just GO BACK TO MY DESIGNATED AREA AND STOP TALKING LIKE A GOOD n*****.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no contact or association with Morrissey or his people.

Do you really think a word associated with several hundred years of pretty horrendous treatment of people of African descent is comparable with someone not liking your postings on a message board? A word associated with colonialism, genocide, chattel slavery, lynchings, apartheid, etc. is an appropriate comparison to your posting on a relatively non-serious message board?

You need to seriously think about what you just said. Because it is f***ed up.

1. I posed a theory questioning the authorship of TTY that thought outside the box. I took a stab that it was ghost written due to its inconsistency.

2. It was suggested by Mcrickson and an Anonymous poster that I just talk about my theories in my established thread instead of the main page because my ideas are not worthy of the consideration of the main page.

Now, since I used a "sensitive" word to describe the oppression my ideas are met with, I am suddenly an attention-seeking racist. You people seem incapable of logical discourse or processing ideas without resorting to distracted diatribes of moral superiority while you exercise the oppression I'm trying to fight. I'd just as soon you talk about Morrissey's motivations for hating humanity. Perhaps I just did.

calling reality a c*** and talking about autobiography without reading it is logical discourse. for you maybe, but not in the real world.
you posted your usual set of nonsensical innuendo about mozzers mum you your usual new agey terms only this time you followed it with uncalled for racist innuendo.

dont bother trying to deflect your ingrained racism. i would guess black unicorns dont exist, do they?

You don't belong to a marginalized race. You can never know what that word does to those who are subjected to it. Of course you can say what you want. But why choose language that is so loaded, that can hurt people who have a personal history with that word? I never ever use that word. For two reasons. I don't want to hurt any black people. Secondly, I don't want a single person to think I even remotely hold any of those racist, antiquated views. It is about clarity.

Do you really think a word associated with several hundred years of pretty horrendous treatment of people of African descent is comparable with someone not liking your postings on a message board? A word associated with colonialism, genocide, chattel slavery, lynchings, apartheid, etc. is an appropriate comparison to your posting on a relatively non-serious message board?

You need to seriously think about what you just said. Because it is f***ed up.

Equivocation. Ad Hominimzzzzzxx!!!!!!

You people are horrible at problem solving. Still nobody has addressed that perhaps I deserve an apology for being asked to express my opinions that were topical at the time in a seperate area. Instead you choose to gang up and accuse me with fallacious zeal of being the problem because my ideas are inconvenient to the myths you prefer to believe.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't belong to a marginalized race. You can never know what that word does to those who are subjected to it. Of course you can say what you want. But why choose language that is so loaded, that can hurt people who have a personal history with that word? I never ever use that word. For two reasons. I don't want to hurt any black people. Secondly, I don't want a single person to think I even remotely hold any of those racist, antiquated views. It is about clarity.

You're the ringleader of the stupids. This is my ad Hominimz opinion as based on years of reading you dance around logic.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom