TTY: Supreme, yet not; Morrissey's second statement on Supreme

Link from an anonymous person:

Supreme, yet not - true-to-you.net
15 February 2016

As a matter of fact, I do not have, do not want, nor do I need, any money from the company called Supreme.

If Supreme have sent money in my name then they could track it down and reclaim it - if they had NOT printed that photograph of me for their 2016 campaign.

By running prints of the photograph they have derailed their own negotiations. This is why they are angry.

The photograph is dreadful and will help neither myself nor Supreme. Who needs it? Nobody.

Supreme were warned by my lawyer and accountant that the photograph should NOT be used. Supreme ignored this advice. Hence this mess.

I write these statements because there is no one else to write them. The joy I receive from such statements is non-existent.

thank you,
Morrissey
15 February 2016.

Related items:

The logical conclusion of which is that Morrissey and his lawyers will be after Supreme's sorry arse forthwith, right? I'm sorry, this all smacks of "I wanted you to use Sam's photo, and you didn't, you swines.". Why is it that every putative contact he gets involved with gets utterly f***ed up? Why could that be?

Last edited:
If Supreme have sent money in my name then they could track it down and reclaim it - if they had NOT printed that photograph of me for their 2016 campaign.

I don't understand this paragraph. Someone clairify - if he hasn't received the money as stated in the previous paragraph, why is he now implying they can't have it back because they went ahead and ran the campaign? Am I missing something?

I don't understand this paragraph. Someone clairify - if he hasn't received the money as stated in the previous paragraph, why is he now implying they can't have it back because they went ahead and ran the campaign? Am I missing something?

That crossed my mind too. It just doesn't add up. And furthermore - why did he start this feud in public? Why not just go through his lawyers in private like he did before? What would be the purpose?

So tired of this. It's so obvious he pulled the Meat Is Murder card after the fact. Since they didn't use Sam's photo. Then leaked Sam's photo to try and shape the story that was coming. Morrissey is disagreeable as it is and now this kid in there ruining his brand and his legend. Who believes any of the lies anymore? I sure don't.

I don't really understand what is wrong with the picture from the Supreme shoot. It's cool, it's rock it's Supreme's demographic. Lou Reed and Neil Young style cool. There is nothing wrong with the photo Sam apparently offered as a substitute - it's just NOT what you'd expect from a photo campaign like this.. Surely Morrissey would (and definitely should have) done his homework before entering into a deal like this.

lol, if i were supreme i wouldnt wast my time trying to locate the money. that money is probably somewhere in a vault in Istanbul or Croatia.
it took posters here about 10 seconds to find about white castle and the leather stuff. but moz didnt know lol

I have to say that this story is totally pointless... and that I do not understand a thing about if. Well, I wonder.

And further proof that he (or someone in his camp) keeps a close eye on proceedings on this website.
I read this as a direct response to a couple of points I (and one or two other posters) have made:
"As a matter of fact, I do not have, do not want, nor do I need, any money from the company called Supreme."

Hello Moz. :)

Question, does any business transaction with Morrissey go down without a public tit-for-tat anymore? Seriously, any of them?

Moz started something and now...
It's so obvious he needs a real manager/agent/friend , at least someone who cares enough to help him in all of these constant failures..

Crykey! I reckon TMMG's ltd, llc Beverly Hills-Sherman Oaks-Malibu "Internet Research Team" division is all over this site. Anonymous-

"If Supreme have sent money in my name...then...they can reclaim it." Really? Well, I work in the banking/finance industry and...no...they can't reclaim it. Once it is delivered and in his account it is up to HIM to return it. Or he has to authorize it. This was not a mistake or error, but the fulfillment of the signed contract. He is acting like a child here...again. Be a man, stand up and take responsibility for your action. Not evade, side-step and misrepresent the truth.

Yeah, something's not adding up.

In his first statement, he wrote: "Supreme were issued with a legal caution not to use the photograph and their fee would be returned." Now suddenly there's no money to return to them because he never received it. Hmm.

And furthermore - why did he start this feud in public? Why not just go through his lawyers in private like he did before? What would be the purpose?
He's probably hoping to drum up some publicity, as is his wont.

i wonder if he knows there has been a huge morrissey/ supreme tag near the world trade center in NYC for years

I can see why some find sport in relishing where Morrissey has ended up. I was a huge fan - for a while, the thought of life without Morrissey was unthinkable for me - but I grew out of it. I retain an interest, but I look back on that time with amusement more than anything else. I do genuinely feel sad about this though. Simply, the tone of these most recent statements is one of defeat, confusion and depression, despite the shards of stubborness. No matter their current view of the man, every single person here would concede they have, at one point or another, loved his work and it's tragic he has ended up so alone and unhappy, despite his money. I wish he could look back on his life with pride and happiness.

The final nail in the coffin of any possible recording deal - who in their right mind would want to work with this? It´s over, folks.

So I was cruisin' down Melrose today and I saw a Black Mercedes C Class with tinted windows. I immediately followed the Mercedes running red lights and stop signs hoping and praying it was Morrissey since it has been 46 days since I have last seen him in concert, so I was desperate! The Mercedes got to Fairfax and then stopped right in front of the Supreme store. Was I finally going to meet Morrissey and get a selfie with him wearing my Dodger cap??!! So the window rolls down and I am trying to look if the seats are leather and I see it's lil' Sammy driving, Jack Osbourne in the passenger seat, and Corey Feldman in the back. I was so disappointed but I heard lil' Sammy singing "doin' alright gettin' good grades at USC film school, got a crazy Uncle who lets me run his worldwide conglomerate, future's so bright..gotta wear shades.." Anonymous-

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom