TTY: Supreme - statement by Morrissey

UPDATE Feb. 15:

TTY: Supreme, yet not; Morrissey's second statement on Supreme - Feb. 15, 2016

UPDATE 5:40PM PT:

Supreme responds to TTY statement by Morrissey - Feb. 13, 2016

Supreme
- true-to-you.net
13 February 2016

I apologize enormously for the enfeebled photograph of me issued this week by Supreme. The shot was taken in October 2015. I considered the photograph to be fit only for a medical encyclopedia and I pleaded with Supreme not to use it. This was before I learned that Supreme were sponsored in part by the beef sandwich pharaoh known as White Castle. Supreme were issued with a legal caution not to use the photograph and their fee would be returned. Evidently Supreme have ignored my lawyer. No safety within the corridors of law. Ugh.

I offer excessive apologies for this association. Shame is indeed the name.

Morrissey
13 February 2016.

Related items:

Last edited:
eh, but Irregular Regular is right tho. It's the only way for moz to be relevant again. He only make headlines for dumb controversies nowadays and not his music :straightface:

How exactly does this t shirt situation make him relevant? Do you know what relevant actually means?

How exactly does this t shirt situation make him relevant? Do you know what relevant actually means?

tyronepowebottom is saying he agrees with Irregular Regular. "It's the only way for moz to be relevant again," refers to Morrissey doing something Smiths related, saying that would be the only way. " He only make headlines for dumb controversies nowadays and not his music" means that this latest scuffle did not make him relevant.

You are in agreement.

Doing some interviews in less obscure publications, turning up for prime time appearances, selling his albums or live gigs via the merch stalls, actually promoting an album, being seen more frequently without the drama et al...
There are many ways he could help himself even without the 'deal' he places between himself and measuring success/charting/own relevance etc.
The semantics of 'relevance' are not too important - most people that visit here find him 'relevant' enough to comment on. That, however, won't influence his current place in the world's perception of him (which hasn't really affected anything between him & 'fans' anyway).
There were actually a lot of new younger 'fans' at recent gigs and I was intrigued to see how well they responded to the WPINOYB tracks. It's a shame there was so little support for it in the build up (flogging it to death afterwards is a different issue).
The more the strange announcements/juvenile pictures issue forth from TTY - it just undermines a great solo legacy.
He may not be down and out, but it would help if he didn't keep punching himself whilst others pummel him too.
Another debacle with more complicated minutiae is not helping.
Regards,
FWD

Last edited:
tyronepowebottom is saying he agrees with Irregular Regular. "It's the only way for moz to be relevant again," refers to Morrissey doing something Smiths related, saying that would be the only way. " He only make headlines for dumb controversies nowadays and not his music" means that this latest scuffle did not make him relevant.

You are in agreement.

Well, kind of. I never mentioned being relevant or irrelevant though.
I was suggesting Moz has better and less damaging options if the motivation is to simply earn money, The Smiths back catalogue being the most obvious one, if only his pride would allow it.
As an aside, I do believe Morrissey could still be relevant as a solo artist, he just needs to stop the ongoing nonsense, write some lyrics and release a back to basics album.

First post here. I know it's not a very original statement, but as a great Morrissey and Smiths fan, it makes me sad to visit this forum and the only news I find is our hero moaning about some picture. If Morrissey would not have been such a moaner and a bother, there would have been a chance that we'd been discussing the 18th album of The Smiths here now. Just imagine... Morrissey is too focused on trifle matters and feuds. If he'd been diverting some of his negative energy ('I am not interested in making the Smiths a bigger band', 'My bandmates are banging on the door as we have a video shoot. I will not open the door', 'I will not let a manager take care of our business. Johnny can do that', 'Andy and Mike can get 10%', 'I curse all the other Smiths forever because Mike wants my money', 'Harvest is ruining my career', etc.) towards his career and his music, he would not have been in this position. But I guess that is the point of Morrissey. He wasn't made to make it easy upon himself and others.

And I am saying that as a big admirer of Morrissey and The Smiths, they are my favorite band and I do admire Morrissey's perseverance. I do think The Smiths' career would have been much longer if he wouldn't have been such a pain sometimes, and I do think his current career could have been in better shape if he wouldn't have fought pointless fights with record companies. And I still, against all wisdom, hope for a reunion with Johnny, knowing that that will never happen but seeing Axl and Slash reunite (and they hated each other more than Morrissey and Johnny, who still do seem to respect one another from an icy distance).

First post here. I know it's not a very original statement, but as a great Morrissey and Smiths fan, it makes me sad to visit this forum and the only news I find is our hero moaning about some picture. If Morrissey would not have been such a moaner and a bother, there would have been a chance that we'd been discussing the 18th album of The Smiths here now. Just imagine... Morrissey is too focused on trifle matters and feuds. If he'd been diverting some of his negative energy ('I am not interested in making the Smiths a bigger band', 'My bandmates are banging on the door as we have a video shoot. I will not open the door', 'I will not let a manager take care of our business. Johnny can do that', 'Andy and Mike can get 10%', 'I curse all the other Smiths forever because Mike wants my money', 'Harvest is ruining my career', etc.) towards his career and his music, he would not have been in this position. But I guess that is the point of Morrissey. He wasn't made to make it easy upon himself and others.

And I am saying that as a big admirer of Morrissey and The Smiths, they are my favorite band and I do admire Morrissey's perseverance. I do think The Smiths' career would have been much longer if he wouldn't have been such a pain sometimes, and I do think his current career could have been in better shape if he wouldn't have fought pointless fights with record companies. And I still, against all wisdom, hope for a reunion with Johnny, knowing that that will never happen but seeing Axl and Slash reunite (and they hated each other more than Morrissey and Johnny, who still do seem to respect one another from an icy distance).

flee now for you are at the gates of hell and this place is not what it seems

Well done Moz, kudos for acknowledging the fact that this was a terrible mistake.
In case you are still reading, the question remains - what exactly made you think this was a good idea in the first place?
Finally, I have it on good authority that Supreme have very little regard for legal implications when it comes to copyright, so please do not be surprised if the t-shirts are already printed and ready to be made available on Supreme's next 'drop'.

Yours,

I.R.

I take the cue from certain people I know...

http://www.supremenewyork.com/previews/springsummer2016/t-shirts/morrissey-tee

wvajpe.jpg

Boz has just issued this statement regarding the Supreme incident: "I hate to throw wood on an already blazing fire but I am afraid I cannot sit back and watch this slander."

More like the place where a brilliant career rests in acrimony

Not for me at all but fine if you feel that way. World peace was his best since quarry and I still really love it. In my top five Morrissey solo releases

You are in agreement.

thank you anon for explain to marred what i mean by that comment :thumb:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom