TTY: Supreme - statement by Morrissey

UPDATE Feb. 15:

TTY: Supreme, yet not; Morrissey's second statement on Supreme - Feb. 15, 2016

UPDATE 5:40PM PT:

Supreme responds to TTY statement by Morrissey - Feb. 13, 2016

Supreme
- true-to-you.net
13 February 2016

I apologize enormously for the enfeebled photograph of me issued this week by Supreme. The shot was taken in October 2015. I considered the photograph to be fit only for a medical encyclopedia and I pleaded with Supreme not to use it. This was before I learned that Supreme were sponsored in part by the beef sandwich pharaoh known as White Castle. Supreme were issued with a legal caution not to use the photograph and their fee would be returned. Evidently Supreme have ignored my lawyer. No safety within the corridors of law. Ugh.

I offer excessive apologies for this association. Shame is indeed the name.

Morrissey
13 February 2016.

Related items:

Last edited:
I'm happy to see Morrissey stand up for his beliefs, but i think he has missed a huge opportunity here.

Nice one, Moz! That was quick - I guess he must have been reading the thread here to respond so rapidly!

Keep it up Steve !
People are still waiting for a Bowie statement !
It's late BUT I think we could just about salvage things (it will be very very hard going though especially as you've just released another stupid one).
I also need to contact your good friend David Icke, could you please forward contact details

Moz pr

Now all he needs to do is post an apology for all those crap 'photomontages' and we'll be sorted. ;)

He is a wonderful person. Great people use the word "sorry" more frequently than others.

"I'm so sorry..." :guitar:

Supreme - true-to-you.net
13 February 2016

I apologize enormously for the enfeebled photograph of me issued this week by Supreme. The shot was taken in October 2015. I considered the photograph to be fit only for a medical encyclopedia and I pleaded with Supreme not to use it. This was before I learned that Supreme were sponsored in part by the beef sandwich pharaoh known as White Castle. Supreme were issued with a legal caution not to use the photograph and their fee would be returned. Evidently Supreme have ignored my lawyer. No safety within the corridors of law. Ugh.

I offer excessive apologies for this association. Shame is indeed the name.

Morrissey
13 February 2016.

Related items:

Well done Moz, kudos for acknowledging the fact that this was a terrible mistake.
In case you are still reading, the question remains - what exactly made you think this was a good idea in the first place?
Finally, I have it on good authority that Supreme have very little regard for legal implications when it comes to copyright, so please do not be surprised if the t-shirts are already printed and ready to be made available on Supreme's next 'drop'.

Yours,

I.R.

Last edited:
Why is he apologizing? Our Mozza, sensitive, self conscious, self loathing. I love the photo and ad campaign, love you Morrissey

"Their fee would be returned," not "their fee has been returned."

For what it's worth.

So even if they end up using it, no matter how embarrassed he is, he still profited from it. He should consider donating the fee to an animal sanctuary.

Last edited:
I'm happy to see Morrissey stand up for his beliefs, but i think he has missed a huge opportunity here.

Missed opportunity indeed. I know he is a man on principles, but he doesn't mind exterminating people who could've help him or had helped him in the past just because they are not vegetarians. He goes to certain extremes that, in my opinion, are not honorable but rather ludicrous. It's my life to ruin my own way. Tra, la, la.

Keep it up Steve !
It's late BUT I think we could just about salvage things (it will be very very hard going though especially as you've just released another stupid one).
I also need to contact your good friend David Icke, could you please forward contact details

Moz pr

Who's waiting on a Bowie statement? I don't need one singer to tell me how to feel about another one dying. There are hours and hours of David Icke videos on YouTube. Please, go and watch those instead of posting here incessantly. It never was funny, but it definitely isn't now. You come across as mentally ill.

Keep it up Steve !

Moz pr

Yes.Morrissey hates Morrissey Solo yet he is quick to respond to anything that is raised as a concern by the very page he despises.GO FIGURE.Why is it that people who are not in the public eye can do their research and figure things out but he can't? He only seems to know or comprehend that which he is insulated by.He likes to be talked about but does not comprehend. How is it that someone with so many more resources does not get it ? He keeps trying to cover his tracks each time something is addressed on this site which he claims to hate.I don't think he hates it that much really. He loves attention.He will continue to alienate anyone who is true and knows better because he consistently succumbs to the collective and stereotype of his image.It never passes this. He seriously must be a flake. Really. there is no room for anything other than the stereotype image. AMAZED and APPALLED at the same time . Who the f*** does that? Who the hell claims to be so open and free and then does not understand that each individual on the planet has their own way of showing passion and love and individuality? He only likes collectives and to organize things for a reputation and appearance.Oh Mexicans, lovely teeth and more passion. RIGHT so your consensus is only based on an audience and their response which is SUPERFICIAL. On any given night you cannot claim to know what is held within just about any human casing only what you use as a sociological experiment. THAT IS WHAT I AM SICK OF . ALL HUMANS HAVE SIMILAR ABILITIES TO IDENTIFY AND FEEL AND BREATHE AND SHIT AND PISS. MORRISSEY ONLY CATERS TO A STEREOTYPE and cannot be as excruciatingly honest as one might think he may be . SAD .REALLY SAD . You can tell he loves drama by how he responds to these things. Either that or he is very naive.Either way he seems like a flake more than anything .I'd feel sorry for him but that is what he wants. He is so superficial.Front row.Follower who gives up life. Trust fund brat.Privileged cult obsessors.

It's just nice to see a TTY post that doesn't involve his face sloppily photoshopped onto a lion being tamed by a record company executive.

He should exterminate all the fake vegetarian fans from gigs that champion him and every decision he makes but lead fake lives whilst eating meat and wearing animal products. Not rumoured but actually known to eat meat. If Mozza only knew his band mates are online mates with these people. Makes them look foolish

Welp. Maybe I spoke too soon, and mcrickson might be on to something. From Supreme's Facebook page:

Regarding Supreme/Morrissey:

In July of 2015 Supreme approached Morrissey to participate in one of it's poster and T-Shirt campaigns. The scope of the project was explained in full detail to Morrissey, including the intended look, the setting, the photographer, as well as the items that would be produced: a T-Shirt and a poster. An agreement was entered which named the photographer as Terry Richardson, who has shot many of Supreme's campaigns, and whom Morrissey has worked with before. Images of past campaigns were sent to
Morrissey for reference so that the intended result was clear. Morrissey required a substantial fee for his participation in this project which Supreme paid up front and in full. The photo shoot lasted two hours and Morrissey was free to do, and pose as he wished. The agreement prohibits Morrissey from "unreasonably" withholding approval of the use of photographs taken at the photo shoot.

After offering Morrissey several options of images from the shoot, Morrissey rejected them all with no explanation. Instead, Morrissey insisted on using a photo that he had taken of himself wearing a Supreme T-shirt for the campaign. This image was later made public on Instagram by his nephew.

Unable to use this image Supreme repeatedly offered Morrissey three very reasonable options as a remedy to the impasse: 1) To do an entire re-shoot at Supreme's sole expense, 2) To select one of the many options from the shoot with Terry Richardson that were offered to Morrissey, 3) To return the money that was paid to Morrissey by Supreme.

Morrissey repeatedly ignored all three options with no reason given as to why. He then proceeded to assert a sudden and ridiculous claim that because Supreme had used the White Castle logo on a group of products in the past, and because he is a known vegetarian, that the agreement was supposedly terminated.

In light of this ploy, Supreme once again requested the return of the money it had paid to Morrissey so that both parties could walk away from the project. However, he refused.

After many attempts to solve this problem, and left with no other viable options, Supreme proceeded to publish these images as per it's agreement with Morrissey.

https://www.facebook.com/supremeofficial/posts/10153940158578739?fref=nf

Since White Castle (last I heard) served a vegan patty with non-vegan bun, Moz could have done a deal where he required the non-vegan bun to be replaced with a vegan non-GMO bun, plus he could have required $100,000 to appear at a promo event where the new vegan sliders are given out for free. Kylie Jenner got paid $100,000 to appear at Beach Club in Quebec on her 18th birthday and she endorses butt-plumping cream and has make-up lines because she doesn't have enough assets with her multi-million dollar mansion in Calabassas, CA. She banged her boyfriend, Tyga, when she was a juvenile even though he has a baby with Blac Chyna and he eats a lot of dead chickens and he purports to throw away his Vans after wearing them once (note: he doesn't say he donates them, but throws them away.)

I don't mind if Moz does some kind of deal that nets him the money he wants to record the album he wants and he negotiates to make the deal promote vegan outreach.

Moz rules.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom