TTY: SMITHS 45 - Morrissey involved in new Smiths 45 on Warner (Boy With The Thorn/Rubber Ring)

SMITHS 45 - true-to-you.net
29 November 2016

39450_screenshot_20161129_180942.jpg

Warner UK will release a previously unissued version of The Boy With The Thorn In His Side as a physical 45. The sleeve, above, is by Morrissey, with layout by Darren Evans at Warner UK. The B-side is a previously unissued version of Rubber Ring.
The sleeve image is Salford actor Albert Finney.
Details of availability of the record will follow shortly.

I hope that Warner will do the next Morrissey album then.

Related media:

Last edited by a moderator:

Finny was 24 in this photo taken from the stage version of 'Billy Liar' playing a pool hall proprietor with a bamboo cue.

We'll Let You Know rated your post
clear.png
Troll in this thread :laughing:

WE'LL LET YOU TROLL :flowers:

Last edited:
Im guessing Morrissey got an advanced copy of Set The Boy Free, and since Johnny didn't shit talk him, he agreed to release this (I'm assuming these were done in 2011, and are among the tracks that "someone" was holding off on releasing)

A demo version of Rubber Ring with no "you are sleeping" will be different to hear.

Well I wonder ! :rolleyes:
Surely all the hardcore bots like marred arse and the gang should be boycotting new Smiths stuff due to its Joyce content.
Poor Martin, his bum must be twitching a bit at the very thought of Steve being involved, could the Lawnmowers destiny be all aboard the last gravy train heading to Shit Central in the new year ?
Stay tooned folks :tiphat: ( and bots ) :popcorn:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Am I reading too much into this? Hell no its gonna happen someday. personally I wish it wouldn't but I'll be sure to be down the front at the O2 and the Man City stadium with lots of bald men.

It's even a proper sleeve.

nice cover.how much stuff recordings wise do Morrissey and marr have,could still be a lot of stuff out there.

I believe that the releasing of more Smiths stuff is a compromise from Warners in order to release a new Moz album. Watch this space, as they say...

Morrissey creating a new Smiths sleeve is a pretty big deal in and of itself.
I've only ever hoped for a Morrissey/Marr collaboration, but who knows in light of the 2008 conversation we now know they had...

Speaking of pool cues, any link to:

I use the cue And then I
Hand it on to you
And when I swing it
So, it catches his eye ...

?

oxygen for UncSk...STAT! ;)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom