TTY: September UK dates (Hull Sep. 18, London Sep. 20 and 21)

Re: TTY: September UK Dates

Ladies, turkeys and gentlemen, is there anyway to get the standing tics for cheaper. I want to attended both London dates. But it's hella expensive. I want two chances to give him something.

if its a note, a silly note even, then make several copies and fold them into paper airplanes and try to sail them onstage. might just get his attention and wouldnt it be great to see him snatch one out of the air.

Do you think he'll get Anna Calvi to open again for him or Blondie?

70 quid a ticket? Wtf? Should be renamed the Buy Damon A Bungalow tour.

Extortionate prices, I suspect if these are one-off dates I will probably go to London hoping for am experience like the Albert Hall in 2002 which was at a similar time of year.

However I would like to see him change the setlist a little. For 70 quid I think people going have a right to anticipate some tunes which we rarely or have never heard beforehand
Eg Well I Wonder, I Started Something, Break Up The Family and We Hate It When Our Friends would be welcome additions.

70 quid a ticket? Wtf? Should be renamed the Buy Damon A Bungalow tour.

Extortionate prices, I suspect if these are one-off dates I will probably go to London hoping for am experience like the Albert Hall in 2002 which was at a similar time of year.

However I would like to see him change the setlist a little. For 70 quid I think people going have a right to anticipate some tunes which we rarely or have never heard beforehand
Eg Well I Wonder, I Started Something, Break Up The Family and We Hate It When Our Friends would be welcome additions.

have morrissey ever mentioned his or band's criteria for the set list?

p.s. i think i'll make the thread :)

70 quid a ticket is taking the Michael. I was quite up for going to my first Moz show in about 5 years, but for that price you can forget it! When you throw in the fact he might go sick, cancel the show or walk of stage after about 4 songs, then it's not worth the gamble.

FFS are playing the Kentish Town Forum on Sept 8th, tickets are HALF the price of Morrissey and it will probably be just as good. I'll probably go to that instead!!!

Re: TTY: September UK Dates

I always thought that after the sage gig in 2006 , he seemed pissed off with newcastle .... i know he did the metro arena late 2006 but that was a bit of a cash cow ...its a pity because city hall 2004 was brilliant and i am old enough to have attended your arsenal tour in 92 when the front 6 rows were smashed up in a seated mosh pit . ..i tell you where i would love to see him in the north east ... the summer gigs at the mouth of tyne festival .... at tynemouth priory. Its the specials and paul heaton this year and was weller last year ... i am off to see rufus wainwright at the playhouse next week as part of the festival ... seems like someone at north tyneside council has taste and lets face it ...if u know it , whitley bay is the epitomy of the seaside town they want to close down.

Fine words chap, was at all these dates plus the tamest of Moz gigs at Sunderland Empire and a couple of better efforts of Hartlepool Borough Hall. Plenty of choice for the Mozmeister but seems to dodge NE these days.

oSOnFUo.jpg

Panic on the streets
(I know this was assumed, but I'm a stickler for confirmation)

Last edited:
All standing is good. Quite nervous for the ticket sale on Friday as I imagine all dates will sell out pretty fast. The priority for me is Hull and then one of the London shows, would love to do all three but the ticket cost is pretty high to justify it.

BY any chance does anyone know any presale tickets details for London shows?

Can anyone give me advise about standing at the Apollo i'm only just over 5 foot and am worried I wont be able to see.I was seated in Birmingham but felt a bit out of it.How early do you reckon you have to queue to get near the front?

Can anyone give me advise about standing at the Apollo i'm only just over 5 foot and am worried I wont be able to see.I was seated in Birmingham but felt a bit out of it.How early do you reckon you have to queue to get near the front?

If you want to be on the barrier, you will need to be there VERY early in the morning to get on the list - especially as Moz is only doing a few dates in the UK, and there is now a sizable guest list that gets walked in along with Julia (some shows I've gone to, 6-8 people get walk ins, all of who take up a chunk of the barrier) . People usually start queuing around 2am. If you get there before 5am, you should be OK. Any later than that, and you could find yourself #48 on the list, and then it's just a mad scramble, run, and hope you get right at one extreme end of the barrier when the doors open. It really depends on how much you want to be at the front.

If you want to be on the barrier, you will need to be there VERY early in the morning to get on the list - especially as Moz is only doing a few dates in the UK, and there is now a sizable guest list that gets walked in along with Julia (some shows I've gone to, 6-8 people get walk ins, all of who take up a chunk of the barrier) . usually start queuing around 2am. If you get there before 5am, you should be OK. Any later than that, and you could find yourself #48 on the list, and then it's just a mad scramble, run, and hope you get right at one extreme end of the barrier when the doors open. It really depends on how much you want to be at the front.

Thanks but theres no way I can get there until late afternoon so it looks like the circle or take a chance I dont get stuck behind too many tall people. Who are the lucky ones who get walked in?

Blimey! I was hoping to get a good spot if I came in the late afternoon. Loved being at the front in the O2, despite being half killed in all the t shirt throwing shenanigans. Do you reckon Hull will also require such early queuing?

Thanks but theres no way I can get there until late afternoon so it looks like the circle or take a chance I dont get stuck behind too many tall people. Who are the lucky ones who get walked in?

People start queuing 2:00 in the States, not in the UK.
If you come down late afternoon, you don't have a chance.
You should buy a circle ticket. It's not close to the stage, at least you don't have to worry about tall people blocking your view.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom