TTY / replies : January 2014 - true-to-you.net

Link posted by SomeTotallyRandomMozFan:

TTY / replies : January 2014
- true-to-you.net
2 January 2014

Morrissey has answered a sixth series of questions submitted by Questions And Answers participants. These questions and Morrissey's answers are as follows.

Excerpts:

Who inspired you to sing?
KARICACSARY, Fontana.

Bobby Hatfield. He was the smaller of the two Righteous Brothers, and his falsetto swoop made me jump backwards over the settee. You should You Tube their You've lost that lovin' feelin', and you'll see what I mean. When I made the record Ringleader of the tormentors, the producer (Tony Visconti), who is a very close friend of David Bowie, tried to get both Bowie and I together to do our version of You've lost that lovin' feelin', with David doing the deep Bill Medley parts, and me doing the Bobby Hatfield shrieks. I loved this idea, but David wouldn't budge. I know I've criticized David in the past, but it's all been snotnosed junior high ribbing on my part. I think he knows that.

I was lucky enough to see you in Istanbul in July 2012. It was an amazing night, very intense, and it was a dream come true. How was it to be in Istanbul, and what do you think about the audience and the concert?
MELIS, Istanbul.

Well, we are about to record our new album, and one of the tracks is called Istanbul. It is second to Rome as my most favorite city in the world...

You are one of the few personalities in modern times who have really influenced my thinking about art and life. Have you ever thought about writing a novel?
HANNA, Germany.

In 2013 I published my Autobiography and it has been more successful than any record I have ever released, so, yes, I am mid-way through my novel. I have my hopes...

Media coverage:

Last edited:
This is wonderful! What a lovely new years gift!

New album! Working on a novel! I'm a bit giddy.

The bit about David Bowie is interesting. Damn near an apology.

New album AND novel?!??! How lucky are we?! :)
Couldn't have asked for a better gift! Well, besides a tour...but that will soon follow!

"If you have access to You Tube, you should click on to what is called The video the meat industry doesn't want you to see. If this doesn't affect you in a moral sense then you're probably granite. I see no difference between eating animals and paedophilia. They are both rape, violence, murder. If I'm introduced to anyone who eats beings, I walk away. Imagine, for example, if you were in a nightclub and someone said to you "Hello, I enjoy bloodshed, throat-slitting and the destruction of life," well, I doubt if you'd want to exchange phone numbers."

How does he feel about milkshake drinkers?

"Well, we are about to record our new album, and one of the tracks is called Istanbul."

:thumb:

"In 2013 I published my Autobiography and it has been more successful than any record I have ever released, so, yes, I am mid-way through my novel. I have my hopes."

"If you believe in the abattoir then you would support Auschwitz. There's no difference. People who would disagree with this statement have probably never been inside an abattoir."

Oh no. Here we go again. :(

Gawd, "Lovin' Feeling" by Bowie and Moz. That would be...just about as amazing as it would be bizarre.

ALBUM.
I had my sneaking suspicions when Tony Visconti mentioned 'another project' or 'another gem in the works' — something like that — a few days ago on Facebook. Ahh, that is just absolutely fantastic news. And songs with titles like Istanbul and Scandinavia...as much as I like the latter, I hope he's not going with a concept here for the album..

Loved the "galloping wisdom" quote when asked about The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get. Haha!

I adore reading these! It's been a while since he's answered any fan questions. And, a new album?? I'm so happy to hear this that I'm trembling!

I wonder what the novel is about. I think the world needs a Moz novel. The problem is that it will either be transcendent or quite far from. Im almost nervous for him...but more excited!

Last edited:
Interesting questions and really interesting answers.I like HIG loved his answer for what the The More You Ignore The Closer I Get was about.I really enjoyed reading all of answers.I also loved reading about his fashion influences.This was just a super cool read and I`m happy to hear Mozzer is working on a new album and a novel. I think he`s also right about the music industry right now.

Gawd, "Lovin' Feeling" by Bowie and Moz. That would be...just about as amazing as it would be bizarre.

ALBUM.
I had my sneaking suspicions when Tony Visconti mentioned 'another project' or 'another gem in the works' — something like that — a few days ago on Facebook. Ahh, that is just absolutely fantastic news. And songs with titles like Istanbul and Scandinavia...as much as I like the latter, I hope he's not going with a concept here for the album..

Rather interestingly, in the FB post you are referring to, TV said he began the project in October. If it is a Morrissey album, it must be well along in its recording.

Rather interestingly, in the FB post you are referring to, TV said he began the project in October. If it is a Morrissey album, it must be well along in its recording.

Recording hasn't started yet

Glad he's done this. A nice start to the year, hopefully a new album is on the horizon, just hope it's good though.

Come on Morrissey, I want to hear new stuff!

Very excited about the new album. Thank God.....
Cheers Moz

ALBUM.

I've long been hoping for a song titled "Sidcup". I feel that the time has come.

Yet MorrisseysWorld who changed to MorrisseyParody returned and told us he was writing a novel and planning to release his new album in 2014 24 hours before the TTY message. There are 30 or 40 people who'll confirm this.

Go back to sleep.

blue rose forever

Do you think he means he's covering "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)" ? I'd much rather hear him sing that with Bowie than "You've Lost That Loving Feeling"

How long before Johnny, Benny and Brummy pop up to deride the answers of someone they profess not to care about..?

"If you have access to You Tube, you should click on to what is called The video the meat industry doesn't want you to see. If this doesn't affect you in a moral sense then you're probably granite. I see no difference between eating animals and paedophilia. They are both rape, violence, murder. If I'm introduced to anyone who eats beings, I walk away. Imagine, for example, if you were in a nightclub and someone said to you "Hello, I enjoy bloodshed, throat-slitting and the destruction of life," well, I doubt if you'd want to exchange phone numbers."

How does he feel about milkshake drinkers?

"Well, we are about to record our new album, and one of the tracks is called Istanbul."

"In 2013 I published my Autobiography and it has been more successful than any record I have ever released, so, yes, I am mid-way through my novel. I have my hopes."

"If you believe in the abattoir then you would support Auschwitz. There's no difference. People who would disagree with this statement have probably never been inside an abattoir."

Oh no. Here we go again. :(

I think there's a tendency with some critics (not yourself, necessarily) to perceive these kinds of remarks as somehow reducing the Holocaust to the level of a McDonalds' production line. However, I think it's more a case of magnifying the notion of cruelty to animals to the level of the Holocaust. This isn't Morrissey belittling the experiences of those who suffered in Auschwitz; rather, he is trying to express his equal horror at the thought of what happens daily to millions of animals. He's trying to draw our feelings up to the same level as his. However, I can understand how people who don't really care too much about what happens to animals in order to produce meat would only be capable of seeing it as a downward comparison.

"If you believe in the abattoir then you would support Auschwitz. There's no difference."

"I see no difference between eating animals and paedophilia. They are both rape, violence, murder."

He really is a vile, sociopathic piece of shit. I don't know what the rest of you have been reading.

A-a-a-album? *throws tea in the air and scoffs*

Who were the people who were asked to write questions? Did anyone here on the forums get the chance to ask Morrissey a question?

Jesus, some of them sound very desperate "How do you feel knowing that many lives have changed because of you?" what sort of question is that? Who cares?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom