TTY / replies : January 2014 - true-to-you.net

Link posted by SomeTotallyRandomMozFan:

TTY / replies : January 2014
- true-to-you.net
2 January 2014

Morrissey has answered a sixth series of questions submitted by Questions And Answers participants. These questions and Morrissey's answers are as follows.

Excerpts:

Who inspired you to sing?
KARICACSARY, Fontana.

Bobby Hatfield. He was the smaller of the two Righteous Brothers, and his falsetto swoop made me jump backwards over the settee. You should You Tube their You've lost that lovin' feelin', and you'll see what I mean. When I made the record Ringleader of the tormentors, the producer (Tony Visconti), who is a very close friend of David Bowie, tried to get both Bowie and I together to do our version of You've lost that lovin' feelin', with David doing the deep Bill Medley parts, and me doing the Bobby Hatfield shrieks. I loved this idea, but David wouldn't budge. I know I've criticized David in the past, but it's all been snotnosed junior high ribbing on my part. I think he knows that.

I was lucky enough to see you in Istanbul in July 2012. It was an amazing night, very intense, and it was a dream come true. How was it to be in Istanbul, and what do you think about the audience and the concert?
MELIS, Istanbul.

Well, we are about to record our new album, and one of the tracks is called Istanbul. It is second to Rome as my most favorite city in the world...

You are one of the few personalities in modern times who have really influenced my thinking about art and life. Have you ever thought about writing a novel?
HANNA, Germany.

In 2013 I published my Autobiography and it has been more successful than any record I have ever released, so, yes, I am mid-way through my novel. I have my hopes...

Media coverage:

Last edited:
This must be ahead of an imminent announcement that tickets for his next tour will only be available to vegetarians.

Haha I was thinking exactly the same thing. I'm not sure how many people would turn up though! Maybe he could go a step further and fund his own veggie island for vegetarians only?

So I guess I should be completely tuning out pretty much all my zombies?

I thank you with all of my heart for changing my life. How do you feel knowing that many lives have changed because of you?
ORESTES, Greece.

I think it means that you have expressed your best moments in Art. Not in relationships or romance or sex or economics. But when you succeed in Art it is really destiny taking the lead. At least when you have an audience you can say you've lived, and the audience are the proof, and it's something that even the most jealous critic cannot take away from you. They'll try, of course.

I AM ORESTES, Greece....I sent the question when I first logged in, it must have been 3 years ago. I can't believe he answered.

...The views of one 54 year old pop singer/best-selling author? He's entitled to them. And you can hardly feign shock and horror; he made precisely the same point re: paedophilia in 'The Importance of Being Morrissey' a decade ago. And the Auschwitz analogy has been expressed before. If, as Morrissey and others do, you truly believe that animal life, and death, is equivalent to human life, and death, then these analogies are a quid pro quo.

As for being a 'vile, sociopathic piece of shit' well, by most accounts, so was John Lennon and it didn't do him much harm (other than getting murdered of course...)

:lbf: OUCH!!

I AM ORESTES, Greece....I sent the question when I first logged in, it must have been 3 years ago. I can't believe he answered.

Cool.

I once sent him a question around 2007 can't even remember what I asked him to be honest. I never expect it to get answered anyway, haha.

Wonder if he'll do anymore of these soon.

Saying that, vegetarian comments are starting to get on my tits.

...The views of one 54 year old pop singer/best-selling author? He's entitled to them. And you can hardly feign shock and horror; he made precisely the same point re: paedophilia in 'The Importance of Being Morrissey' a decade ago. And the Auschwitz analogy has been expressed before. If, as Morrissey and others do, you truly believe that animal life, and death, is equivalent to human life, and death, then these analogies are a quid pro quo.

As for being a 'vile, sociopathic piece of shit' well, by most accounts, so was John Lennon and it didn't do him much harm (other than getting murdered of course...)

I'm not feigning shock and horror - it's just more of the same, as you point out, and it proves what kind of senseless fool Morrissey has become over the years.

Lennon comment was crass and disgusting. He wasn't murdered for being a nasty bastard in his private life but because he'd reached such a stratospheric level of fame that some psychotic 'fan' thought they could achieve greatness by killing him. Don't worry though - Morrissey is a non-entity in comparison to Lennon, so the same thing would never happen to him. He does have more than his fair share of crackpots following him around, though.

"I know I've criticized David in the past, but it's all been snotnosed junior ribbing on my part. I think he knows that."

That's a very interesting quote from Moz on Bowie. And it confirms what I've long thought; that Moz regreted the fall out from the Outside Tour and a few of the comments made since.

A nice touch.
Of course be long regretted it. The main reason he has Tony and kristeen around is the Bowie connection
I hope the LP isn't with Tony he is passed it.

That’s cool that he finally answered your question although it took long enough. It also proves he didn’t make up these questions as someone suggested earlier.

I'm not feigning shock and horror - it's just more of the same, as you point out, and it proves what kind of senseless fool Morrissey has become over the years.

Lennon comment was crass and disgusting. He wasn't murdered for being a nasty bastard in his private life but because he'd reached such a stratospheric level of fame that some psychotic 'fan' thought they could achieve greatness by killing him. Don't worry though - Morrissey is a non-entity in comparison to Lennon, so the same thing would never happen to him. He does have more than his fair share of crackpots following him around, though.

John Lennon's murder was an obscenity, as is any murder. Mark Chapman is a skidmark of a human being. I did not mean to suggest that Lennon was murdered because he was a vile piece of shit. Which he unquestionably was, not to a sociopathic degree, but nonetheless ~ beat the crap out of every woman he was ever with (hence the wife-beater tearjerker anthem 'Jealous Guy', treated first son like shit for most of his life, kept a climate-controlled Dakota apartment for his & Yoko's furs, etcetera etcetera. I never liked his voice neither. I'm a Fab Macca man myself.

Interesting questions and really interesting answers.I like HIG loved his answer for what the The More You Ignore The Closer I Get was about.I really enjoyed reading all of answers.I also loved reading about his fashion influences.This was just a super cool read and I`m happy to hear Mozzer is working on a new album and a novel. I think he`s also right about the music industry right now.

Aw, thanks, Tibbs. You're sweet ♥

This.

That’s cool that he finally answered your question although it took long enough. It also proves he didn’t make up these questions as someone suggested earlier.

The original question had a paragraph before, explaining how Morrissey "changed my life". I'm looking for it in my computer right now...

John Lennon's murder was an obscenity, as is any murder. Mark Chapman is a skidmark of a human being. I did not mean to suggest that Lennon was murdered because he was a vile piece of shit. Which he unquestionably was, not to a sociopathic degree, but nonetheless ~ beat the crap out of every woman he was ever with (hence the wife-beater tearjerker anthem 'Jealous Guy', treated first son like shit for most of his life, kept a climate-controlled Dakota apartment for his & Yoko's furs, etcetera etcetera. I never liked his voice neither. I'm a Fab Macca man myself.

Agree with all of this 100%.

Good to see Morrissey thinking outside the box when it comes to tv ads for Wendy's Baconator etc.. It'll never happen but something subliminal could work.

He pretty much closed the door on working with Visconti ever again since he's a confessed meat-eater. Morrissey...AYNIM. :o

So, a new year will bring some new Morrissey; I fervently hope that he manages to sing something truly moving and memorable, but judging from his responses here I fear that may not be the case. He seems to be locked-down in an emotionally unhealthy place. Still, he's as brutally honest and intemperate as he's ever been, which is his blessing and his curse.

I've given quite a bit of thought to the fact that Lennon and Morrissey are my two greatest musical inspirations: they both changed my life for the better, and their music is still a vital part of my existence. They both also appear to exhibit the same type of unstable, unreliable, vaguely sociopathic, highly neurotic, overly-sensitive, vindictive personality types that I would run a mile from in real life. Still, they both sing with heartbreaking defiance, vulnerability and intelligence, and both are personalities as big as the whole outdoors. Lennon's physical and emotional abuse of those close to him is unforgivable, it's true, but Morrissey has done real damage to people who put themselves on the line for his welfare. If Lennon is a vile piece of shit, then Morrissey is not too far behind. Then again, it's easy to condemn from outside the bubble of fame: the pressures are unimaginable (especially for a volatile ex-Beatle, who endured a kind of global hysteria that never came before, and will never come again).

As for McCartney: he's undoubtedly one of the most talented musicians of any age, and he's spent decades fighting the good fight for animal rights. He appears to be a highly-functioning, sensible, generous, kind, remarkably down-to-earth fellow who successfully navigated the perils of fame and continues to inspire audiences all over the world. I admire and respect him no end, but I've always found him to be a bit dull. Then again, goodness always is - it's the badness that rocks.

"I see no difference between eating animals and paedophilia. They are both rape, violence, murder."

What an absolutely f***ing idiotic thing to say. Still, it fits the MO of saying stupid shit to keep your name in the news.

P.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom