Link posted by SomeTotallyRandomMozFan:
TTY / replies : January 2014 - true-to-you.net
2 January 2014
Morrissey has answered a sixth series of questions submitted by Questions And Answers participants. These questions and Morrissey's answers are as follows.
Who inspired you to sing?
Bobby Hatfield. He was the smaller of the two Righteous Brothers, and his falsetto swoop made me jump backwards over the settee. You should You Tube their You've lost that lovin' feelin', and you'll see what I mean. When I made the record Ringleader of the tormentors, the producer (Tony Visconti), who is a very close friend of David Bowie, tried to get both Bowie and I together to do our version of You've lost that lovin' feelin', with David doing the deep Bill Medley parts, and me doing the Bobby Hatfield shrieks. I loved this idea, but David wouldn't budge. I know I've criticized David in the past, but it's all been snotnosed junior high ribbing on my part. I think he knows that.
I was lucky enough to see you in Istanbul in July 2012. It was an amazing night, very intense, and it was a dream come true. How was it to be in Istanbul, and what do you think about the audience and the concert?
Well, we are about to record our new album, and one of the tracks is called Istanbul. It is second to Rome as my most favorite city in the world...
You are one of the few personalities in modern times who have really influenced my thinking about art and life. Have you ever thought about writing a novel?
In 2013 I published my Autobiography and it has been more successful than any record I have ever released, so, yes, I am mid-way through my novel. I have my hopes...
- Morrissey: 'I see no difference between eating animals and paedophilia' - The Independent. Link posted by Amy.
- Morrissey: “I See No Difference Between Eating Meat And Paedophilia” - BuzzFeed
- Morrissey: eating meat is the same as paedophilia - The Guardian
- Morrissey: 'Eating animals is just the same as paedophilia, rape and murder' - DailyMirror
- Morrissey 'midway' through first novel - The Telegraph
- Opie & Anthony - Morrissey Stinks & Mayor Bill de Blasio Talk (01-06-2014). Link posted by an anonymous person - More media coverage of Morrissey's paedophile comment, by vaguely popular Sirius/XM presenters.
- The Smiths’ Morrissey Compares Eating Meat To Pedophilia, Because They Have So Much In Common - Elite Daily
- Morrissey Writing Second Book, New Album - The Hollywood Reporter