TTY: Public Enemy! - photomontage by Sam Esty Rayner

Public Enemy! - true-to-you.net
3 February 2016

public_enemy_photomontage_by_sam_esty_rayner.jpg

photomontage by Sam Esty Rayner

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the original.

20130616210656fear_of_a_black_planet.jpg

Okay, Sam. Since I'm taking a breaky lemme give you some pshop 101 pointers.

First off, try to match the color of the font. Also matching the actual font helps too (the second font is block san serif likely Ariel Black which is bolder than Ariel Bold but it only comes in extended font suitcases.)

Second, in order to make that stars wars warp effect on the title, (Are you equating Morrissey with a black man?) what you wanna do is type the text in a new layer, kern it and adjust the leading to match the original, then convert the text block to a shape. After that you can convert the shape to the warp using a number of different methods, since you're a beginner and I've got shit to do I suggest the pre-made convex polygon upside-down. THere's LOTS of tutorials on photoshop online, the one at lynda.com comes to mind.

Helpful. lol May you be hired as Sam's assistant. You could teach him how to put in references to all kinds of things that are far more interesting and then the next "you" could show up and decode it.

Re: You are not going to believe the latest SER post on TTY. Really. You are not.

Yes, and that's exactly why it is on the front page isn't it? Because you like "Morrissey" and "shit" in one sentence and, even better, the possibility of seeing over 100 posts with "Morrissey" and "shit" in it for your own amusement. So why bother with that annoying task of deciding if it's worth being on the front page.

This is Morrissey news like it or not. As a content provider and moderator of this site Skinny is just doing his job. You can tell from the subject that it's about another embarrassing post by lil Sammy, so don't read it. "There is a hole in your boat."

I got to thinking about what this "art" piece implies.

Let's think about this for a minute. You are insinuating Morrissey is not signed to a label because they are "afraid" of him. By doing this you are doing two foolish things. First you're insinuating millionaire Morrissey, the same Morrissey who wants for nothing, is flanked by security and has someone salt his french fries for him is enduring the SAME struggle as the black man, that Morrissey is OPPRESSED because labels are not "listening" to his want to be pampered and paid and cajoled and told how awesome he is with promotion and fat checks and all the perks that come along with being signed to a label? As I understand it several labels have offered to technically "sign" him, labels have RECOGNIZED Morrissey but it didn't work out for one reason or another, I'm assuming the pay or exposure wasn't enough. THIS is what you think the struggle of the black man is? SECOND, do you understand that labels essentially ARE THE EPITOME of Hollywood? Why would you use the example of an album that systematically mocks the system to lament you are not being included in the system? Your motivations make no f***ing sense? I'm trying to understand your art but at the end of the day your message is whiney. You don't need a label to promote your songs, just start throwing them up on youtube or soundkick. You come off as being a sniveling brat, there are a LOT of musicians just giving away their music, that's how it works now and if it sticks the money and exposure comes later, but you're begging to be adored by the very system you are fighting.

Listen to this song, like REALLY listen to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Surrey Girl I can only suspect you have not had enough good Skuttlins (sorry not enough basic Northern in me to get the spelling right to get what you meant) Go hug your shadow darlin. Can't all be talented and handsome like poor Moz. Enjoy the life God has given you, however pitiful X

Helpful. lol May you be hired as Sam's assistant. You could teach him how to put in references to all kinds of things that are far more interesting and then the next "you" could show up and decode it.

I have a job and there is no other me.

Morrissey is the new Rosa Parks. He needs to stand up to the oppression of all those white record labels who don't want to hire his thug ass. For reals.

Morrissey is the new Rosa Parks. He needs to stand up to the oppression of all those white record labels who don't want to hire his thug ass. For reals.

If chicken mcnuggets are exactly the same thing as paedophilia, I can't see why it doesn't also make sense that record company execs who don't say yes to everything you ask are exactly the same thing as racial segregation.

In fact, Rosa Parks has a station named after her on the Paris Metro. They haven't done that for Morrissey, so he has a lot more to complain about, when you think about it.

err...o.k.

A friend of mine met Gustavo at a concert and asked about Morrissey's health. Gustavo said he was doing fine then said something peculiar, that Morrissey was looking forward to the new year and "ready to take it to the next level." I'm not sure what the next level means to Gustavo or Morrissey for that matter if he instructed his band to answer as such, but I can't help but be concerned Morrissey isn't pausing to double check how his image is being portrayed on TTY as he flies higher than Icarus. Bowie's death knocked him down a bit but he has GOT to get a rein on this impromptu photoshop slaughter of his legacy if he wants more than ass-kissing sycophants on Instagram to take notice of his work. He needs to dial down the ego and just leak some songs, I can't offer advice beyond that. Modesty and sincerity is the next level, can't go there bitching about something that happened years ago. He's being ignored like spam by the music industry for a reason because he sounds like a broken record.

EDIT: In Gustavo's defense they were doing shots at the bar so likely drunk AF but still, it was an odd thing to say. Also she gave me permission to share this.

SECOND EDIT: My source reminds me Gustavo wasn't drunk because he and his wife had to get back to the babysitter who wanted to go home, it was the next night she had shots with Boz (and the photo is amazing.) So he said that stone cold sober.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I love the montages. Incidentally, Morrissey is actually a very intimidating person if you met him, would love for the haters on this board to say the nasty things to him in person.

You nailed it. Agree with you 101 %.

The more I think about it, what’s the difference between what TTY puts up and these well thought out montages these solo members put together. They each are trying to make a statement and use cleverness and wit, and in some cases varied Photoshop skills.

4661562511_fac7273b0f_b.jpg

4663563668_04a79359b1_b.jpg

2uro2md.jpg

33ndmqd.jpg

n2bngw.jpg

4672369085_86d0224d75_b.jpg

There are more pictures in there but really what’s the problem. Someone may not like these, that is fine. Someone may not like the TTY ones, that is fine too. The TTY ones can be frankly more vulgar than these with just words alone.

I am of the belief that Morrissey himself, by his own behavior and statements, has made his bed for this. Morrissey is a big boy and doesn’t need defending. These are directed at Morrissey and he is the public figure here. I am more concerned when a poster slags off another poster with shaming. I would recommend you post your positives and disregard what you don’t like; I think it may be that simple. This forum and posters are not the type to be controlled (just like Morrissey, huh). Trying by just saying you are upset may only add fuel to the fire

The more I think about it, what’s the difference between what TTY puts up and these well thought out montages these solo members put together. They each are trying to make a statement and use cleverness and wit, and in some cases varied Photoshop skills.

4661562511_fac7273b0f_b.jpg

4663563668_04a79359b1_b.jpg

2uro2md.jpg

33ndmqd.jpg

n2bngw.jpg

4672369085_86d0224d75_b.jpg

There are more pictures in there but really what’s the problem. Someone may not like these, that is fine. Someone may not like the TTY ones, that is fine too. The TTY ones can be frankly more vulgar than these with just words alone.

I am of the belief that Morrissey himself, by his own behavior and statements, has made his bed for this. Morrissey is a big boy and doesn’t need defending. These are directed at Morrissey and he is the public figure here. I am more concerned when a poster slags off another poster with shaming. I would recommend you post your positives and disregard what you don’t like; I think it may be that simple. This forum and posters are not the type to be controlled (just like Morrissey, huh). Trying by just saying you are upset may only add fuel to the fire

Hey you forgot my best one that made Kewpie mad because it used a picture of a vagina. (Wow hindsign is 20/20 with those Mozza book covers, am I right? Lol.)

Last edited:
I love the montages. Incidentally, Morrissey is actually a very intimidating person if you met him, would love for the haters on this board to say the nasty things to him in person.

Morrissey's too much of a pussy to meet me. :p

We met once. I was going to mention it in the thread about that tattoo book but it was depressing. I stood next to him and he asked for instruction as to where to sign his name and I told him her arm. Sadly the tattoo experience we shared is in the ground now. :straightface:

Hey you forgot my best one that made Kewpie mad because it used a picture of a vagina. (Wow hindsign is 20/20 with those Mozza book covers, am I right? Lol.)

Yeah, there seemed to be the most discussion about that one and the fact that it was an illustration, it stayed up. Clever use of the "i" though.

no-limit.jpg

I look forward to the face swap videos and Morrissey's duet with Pewdiepie...
SER - marketing genius.
Sigh.
Eye bleach anyone?
FWD

(apologies if the picture doesn't embed as android chrome and this forum don't mix well).

Last edited:
Re: You are not going to believe the latest SER post on TTY. Really. You are not.

And again you prove my point. The first one to post some SER. Are you scanning TTY all day for it? As silly as his posts are, it's equally silly to make it front page news on morrissey-solo again and again. And that just for you to fake shock and for you to enjoy the pleasure of saying the usual things that you say. Congratulations.

You may have a point there. What exactly is the point of posting these pointless posts?

You may have a point there. What exactly is the point of posting these pointless posts?

Pointedly, he asked, about the pointless posts
"Posting without points? What's the points of those?"

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom