TTY: Please, somebody, tell me it's just a bad dream ...; Buzzcocks for McDonald's

Please, somebody, tell me it's just a bad dream ... - true-to-you.net
16 June 2016

Pete Shelley has allowed McDonald's to use Buzzcocks' What do I get? to TV advertise McDonald's new Big Flavour (the flavour being sawdust) Chicken Wraps?!
In the words of another Buzzcocks song: oh shit...

38783_images_3.jpg

Morrissey
June 2016

above picture used with respect to owner (unknown)

About a tv ad apparently from the UK using Buzzcocks "what do i get ?"
http://tvadsongs.uk/mcdonalds-advert-music-what-do-i-get-wraps/
I can't see it , it's not available in my region

Buzzcocks , what do I get?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's a bit disappointing.
I remember when some cosmetics company wanted to use Sting's Don't stand so close to me for their antiperspirant commercial.

A bit of a let-down, to say the least.

If The Kids Are United by Sham 69 was used by McDonalds without permission because Jimmy Pursey and the other guy had sold the rights back in the day and didn't retain any control. Not saying this is like that, but we can hope.

I feel similar when I hear Queen being used to sell furniture - I'm guessing the artists are bound by some ancient contract or other. Brian May can't be comfortable with his music being used to flog chairs (nor does he need the money).
Nothing is sacred.
Regards,
FWD.

Yeah I'm guessing in a lot of cases labels on a lot of the usage rights

I've never been a fan of the buzzcocks but then they were way before my time. Am I missing out on anything. I have eaten maccas though.

Said the cheese smuggler ! L O L !:mock: :ahhh::clap::tiphat: :laughing: :rofl::highfive:
Your beloved Irish homeland supplies most of their meat for Europe but you still perform there.
And you drink Guinness !
R O F L :rofl:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Please, somebody, tell me it's just a bad dream ... - true-to-you.net
16 June 2016

Pete Shelley has allowed McDonald's to use Buzzcocks' What do I get? to TV advertise McDonald's new Big Flavour (the flavour being sawdust) Chicken Wraps?!
In the words of another Buzzcocks song: oh shit...

38783_images_3.jpg

Morrissey
June 2016

above picture used with respect to owner (unknown)

About a tv ad apparently from the UK using Buzzcocks "what do i get ?"
http://tvadsongs.uk/mcdonalds-advert-music-what-do-i-get-wraps/
I can't see it , it's not available in my region

Buzzcocks , what do I get?

The voiceover of Moz's book, David Morrissey, did a voiceover for McDs two years ago.

Nothing was said then....

I've never been a fan of the buzzcocks but then they were way before my time. Am I missing out on anything. I have eaten maccas though.
You don't listen to any older music? The Buzzcocks were from the punk era.

good to see the queen has finally got a job.thats another one off the jobseekers list,cameron will be pleased.

It's Buzzcocks not The Buzzcocks. BuzzCOCK and Pete SHELLEY. I can see the chicken link.....Surely this goes against all that Punk stood for? It's bad enough having to watch Euro football and be constantly bombarded with Coke and McDonald's ads. Therefore, my kids can't watch football... never understood why companies heavily linked to junk food and obesity are allowed to sponsor sporting events. Anyway i digress.
Big shout-out to all those middle class English parents who like to "slum it" and treat their kids to a "Maccy D's"as a form of reward.......braindead.

No one is asking the obvious here....How does Morrissey know what McDonalds new chicken wraps taste like?

They're alright. Some good songs here and they're but nothing that ever wowed me. Like George said they're from the British punk era. Kinda like the jam at times kinda like the damned at times

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom