TTY: New Morrissey T-shirt

- OLink from an anonymous person:

New Morrissey T-shirt - true-to-you.net
15 March 2017

39758_baldwin_tshirt.jpg

Available at forthcoming Morrissey shows in North America.
Also available on Mporium.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited:
Yes, and many people pointed out that there would be better ways for Moz to pay tribute to James Baldwin. In fact, Moz paid tribute in his book, on TTY and at his shows, but nobody reported it.

Then I guess those weren't better ways. Either way though the point isnt is there a better way the point of the conversation is, is the shirt racist or insensitive and no it's not. It's a bunch of people projecting

Aww I remember your website well, Sweetness.

Always wondered about the black dude who gets up on stage in Introducing Morrissey.

This T-Shirt is not racist. Any suggestion that it is, is utterly ridiculous and made for the sole purpose of slandering Morrrissey.

Could be that or maybe Moz realises he has a huge market waiting for him as a gangsta rapper.

What an ignorant comment. Why are you linking James Baldwin and 'Gangsta rap' ? Oh, I get it. If something is black it must equate to Ganga rap. You're using 'gangsta rap' as a euphemism for black urban culture. At least have the balls to say what you mean. You remind me of a certain president....

Meanwhile, I will start shucking and jiving my way back to the Tupac forums...

Oh my god, what a load of pretentious nonsense. Not surprising coming from you though I suppose. Get off your dimestore soapbox already, because your whole rant is just as nauseating as any "white guilt" fuelled rant that I have seen on the subject.

You're white. Point proven.

Wtf? I'm not white, actually. Who tf do you think I am? Moron.

I think you're a stupid white guy who is lying about his race on the internet so his post comes off as having validity...and what do you know? You are!

Another stumble. I know Morrissey fans who didn't vote in last USA election because he encouraged them not to. For real. How has that worked out? Animals as well as people will suffer because of it. "Oh, you poor little fool-" I've lost my faith in Morrissey, I've lost my faith in Morrissey, I've lost my faith in Morrissey!

Next he should release a shirt with a chicken swimming in a pool. Just for the love of controversy.

Her and a thousand other white girls who hate their father...

herman_cain_smile.gif

I'm sorry, I don't know the image you posted, or what you mean by your comment(in reply to my post #99), I'm curious, please explain. I don't know enough about Shelagh Delaney or that she hated her father, do you have any links to this information or explain how hating ones father would make a 'white girl' or anyone know more about the black experience? thank you in advance.:)

Last edited:
Maybe it was for the best that Morrissey never got to invite Baldwin home cause with no chicken but a large swimming pool the guy would have legged it.

Last edited:
You can tell the shirt is "problematic" by how upset the Mozbots get when defending it and the mental gymnastics on display.
But I'm glad for the different viewpoints and I found some of them interesting. I think, to me, it's pretty obvious why this lyric and this black man are used together, and it's about the color black, but I have to confess I had no idea who this person was and I've never read any of his work. If he writes about depression, or the feeling of "black" then just maybe it is "problematic" to see him first as a black person.

Still, with Morrissey's statement about Obama being black on the outside and white on the inside, we have a clue that Morrissey is seeing "black on the inside" as relating to the black experience. And if you feel different, other, unwanted, and so on because of your depression or because of your sexuality maybe it does give you some empathy towards the black experience. Maybe.
And if that Mexican wrestler t-shirt is actually real then Morrissey seems to be offering a cultural appropriation two-fer. Does he also feel Mexican or Latino?

Still, with Morrissey's statement about Obama being black on the outside and white on the inside, we have a clue that Morrissey is seeing "black on the inside" as relating to the black experience. And if you feel different, other, unwanted, and so on because of your depression or because of your sexuality maybe it does give you some empathy towards the black experience. Maybe.

With Morrissey, it actually goes deeper than that. How he has suffered. Compared to him, Obama wouldn't have a clue what it is like to be black. Same goes for all those other so-called black people like Prince and Whitney Houston, hogging Top of the Pops so that Morrissey was only ever able to get on there pretty much every single time he had a record out. And if you think lynching is bad, try handing over a million quid to a drummer!

Yes, Morrissey is totally justified in feeling black on the inside. He's a literal, actual slave. Let's not quibble about the amount he gets paid and his freedom to do exactly as he pleases whenever he feels like it. Only Nigel Farage really understands him.

With Morrissey, it actually goes deeper than that. How he has suffered. Compared to him, Obama wouldn't have a clue what it is like to be black. Same goes for all those other so-called black people like Prince and Whitney Houston, hogging Top of the Pops so that Morrissey was only ever able to get on there pretty much every single time he had a record out. And if you think lynching is bad, try handing over a million quid to a drummer!

Yes, Morrissey is totally justified in feeling black on the inside. He's a literal, actual slave. Let's not quibble about the amount he gets paid and his freedom to do exactly as he pleases whenever he feels like it. Only Nigel Farage really understands him.
well played

I think it's a pretty cool shirt. I'd buy it. It has a spike lee kind of vibe to it. I don't think he made that shirt to be a racist. The shirt is paying tribute to Baldwin for his struggle of being black and gay. To say he's a racist is just ridiculous.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom