TTY: Music awards are none of your business

Rants are for emotionally-driven, half-witted types. If he wants to persuade he must master the art of rational and clever polemics. I think he tries but fails miserably. His irrational hyperbole contaminates his arguments, making him appear as a child playing in a sandbox rather than an intellectual to be taken seriously.

You must remove yourself from my head at once! ;)

I couldn't have said it better myself...and that is saying something :cool:

Rants are for emotionally-driven, half-witted types. If he wants to persuade he must master the art of rational and clever polemics. I think he tries but fails miserably. His irrational hyperbole contaminates his arguments, making him appear as a child playing in a sandbox rather than an intellectual to be taken seriously.

For you this may all be true but it's not the case for all people. Likewise, you may find some people fascinating where as others will switch off at the thought of listening to them. Whether we like what he has to say or not he gets people talking and that's surely a good place to start.

I think among the rants there is usually a rational point, he could elaborate on that and tune it into a polished statement but that's not him. Just because his way of communicating is often a poorly constructed rant, it doesn't mean that the point he's making hasn't been thought through. It's just that his way of communicating is a rant without paragraphs.

I think intellectual is such an over-used word. For every "intellectual" that has made a difference I'll give you a hundred that haven't. Most are too busy blowing smoke up their own asses to achieve anything worthwhile.

There is nothing wrong with being emotionally driven, give me that over a stone cold psychopath any day.

I get what you are saying, but still...there is a certain sense of "recklessness" to his writing. Kind of like the difference between shooting at a gun range vs. firing off a shotgun in public, or driving fast vs. driving drunk. He is a public figure, not one of us nameless, faceless individuals that can get by doing basically whatever we choose. His actions have consequences beyond his wishes or his control. This is what I think frustrates him the most. So he rails against these things making it all the worse.

Lastly, I think there is an important distinction between over thought and thoughtless. You appreciate his candor...I find it a little alarming. Beg to differ I guess :)

Exactly, different strokes for different folks. There are people who want to do everything through the right channels and others that want to cut to the chase. The World needs both.

I plan on occupying your mind's landscape until your last, dying breath. Hehe.

Whether I care or do not??? Do you know something I don't? I decided a long time ago that I will never die, I will just decide to stop living. There is a difference...Isn't there? ;)

Well...I guess I am going to need to pull an Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind here :p

- - - Updated - - -

For you this may all be true but it's not the case for all people. Likewise, you may find some people fascinating where as others will switch off at the thought of listening to them. Whether we like what he has to say or not he gets people talking and that's surely a good place to start.

I think among the rants there is usually a rational point, he could elaborate on that and tune it into a polished statement but that's not him. Just because his way of communicating is often a poorly constructed rant, it doesn't mean that the point he's making hasn't been thought through. It's just that his way of communicating is a rant without paragraphs.

I think intellectual is such an over-used word. For every "intellectual" that has made a difference I'll give you a hundred that haven't. Most are too busy blowing smoke up their own asses to achieve anything worthwhile.

There is nothing wrong with being emotionally driven, give me that over a stone cold psychopath any day.

I get it Charlie...you like the colour of things. You, me, RB, BB, bhops, Gregor and Surface all getting together. Now that would be colorful to say the least!

Whether I care or do not??? Do you know something I don't? I decided a long time ago that I will never die, I will just decide to stop living. There is a difference...Isn't there? ;)

Debatable. Isn't everything?

Well...I guess I am going to need to pull an Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind here :p

Well, if you change your mind, I'll be at the bar with my head on the bar.

Nicely stated, even if I disagree. :p

Slightly off-topic... you're old enough to remember this cheesy song. Sing it Charlie!

Last edited by a moderator:
Slightly off-topic... you're old enough to remember this cheesy song. Sing it Charlie!

OMG! What a classic! You do know that cheese = bleed though ;)

"Breaking the silence without a sound" ...classic 80's pop-metal. If only Moz could create something catchy like this he might win an award after all....and back on topic! :)

- - - Updated - - -

I get it Charlie...you like the colour of things. You, me, RB, BB, bhops, Gregor and Surface all getting together. Now that would be colorful to say the least!

see you at worlds end then. ill buy you a pint (neil gaiman ref)

Moz will be pissing himself laughing at Madonnas blunder, silly old cow.

In all fairness she would probably reply "well yeah I saw you fall off the stage at Dancetaria in 1983!"

Some other random thoughts about this. having looked at various photos of her falling on The Daily Fail online her face doesn't seem to change expression once! She botoxed ALL the emotion out of that biatch.

Oh and some will get fired for this for no other reason than it's Madonna.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to see she fell like that. She could have been injured badly. Not a fan of the performance, but I like the song and I'm looking forward to the new album.

music news: katy dances with shark toys, kanye uses n* word, madonna falls offstage...

morrissey's quiff smashed in public by some random hollywood blonde

p.s. choose the most provocative :rofl:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom