TTY: Music awards are none of your business

there is no real mainstream today. technology has made mass listening a thing of the past as everything is niche now

I could have read all of that Bottler nonsense, I could have read some of it. I didn't.

Anyway, where were we? The Brits...

Did Morrissey ever get a nomination?

Time to drive a stake through the heart of Morrissey's latest absurd tantrum. This 'genius' was offered the ultimate chance to put his wares before a global audience by appearing for the UK on Eurovision. Let's remind ourselves of the BBC analysis of why he ran away from the challenge:

"A BBC Eurovision spokesperson was quick to dampen suggestions that the former Smith would take part, telling The Independent: "We were in discussions with him and other artists, and he had been genuinely interested, but the timing wasn’t right."

They added the singer may have been put off by the public vote that chooses the UK's entry.
"

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/26614#g2G0x1yd2UKQ6PdB.99

f***ing LOL'in my arse off! At least Katy Hopkins had the bollocks to put her Troll Persona on trial in the Big Brother house and came out smelling of roses. If Morrissey ever submitted himself to real public scrutiny you can bet he'd immediately eclipse Perez Hilton in the 'most unpopular housemate ever'. Ditto, if he was brave enough to put his 'genius' to the UK Eurovision vote, he'd have to watch his entire conspiracy theory being put on trial as he competed against other tiresome fame wannabees. The fact he was nothing more than another contestant in the early 80s NME/Melody Maker "boy-bands with guitars lottery" seems to be conveniently forgotten.

He is increasingly unhinged but his side-show as an internet loon/troll continues to amuse and fill the gap as he trolls and parades his wares at Grammy 2015 side-show parties angling for yet another record deal with a sufficient marketing budget to plaster ancient photos of himself above freeways and motorways. Just in case the herd public can't make up their own minds by listening to his music.

It's a corporate conspiracy but Morrissey's gripe is that he's now firmly back in the swarm of unsigned, unwatched, unlistened to bands and singers and yet he's spent a 3 decade career almost making it. His entitlement agenda is amusing to watch, but it appears nobody is prepared to put their money on Morrissey's next career car-crash. As he's a multi-millionaire, he might consider putting his own financial capital into ensuring his next tranche of 'genius' is widely marketed and available. It's called Capitalism. Risk. Reward. Morrissey wants these 'evil' corporations to risk their shareholder capital on his next enterprise whilst listening to him rant and rave at their collective efforts to ensure pop music remains a cultural and commercial force. He has a niche audience, but he wants to be a *star* and he simply cannot bear to see others, like Madonna, get the prizes he thinks should accrue to him.

I assume this hilarious rant is a response to zero interest in talking to him at whatever Grammy side-show parties he hawked his wares for a new album deal? I'm also sure the BRITS have often considered inviting him. I wish they would. Can you imagine the contortions of Morrissey's 'acceptance' speech as he simultaneously grasped at the award like a career life-raft whilst trying to appear cool and snide about the event itself? Then Kanye would jump on stage and say it should have gone to Beyonce. Bring it on! I was tempted to match Morrissey's word-count on this but I'm bored. For now. LOL!

best
BB

bb,its just the same old same old ploy to drive attention away from the 'humasexual' issue, as long as he accomplishes that objective he is happy.

Yes, in 1995. Best British Male Solo artist.

Thanks Orson, I'm surprised. I just had a quick Google, anything to get out of doing a bit of work!

I looked at who was winning when The Smiths were about, from 85 to 87, the winners for best male were Paul Young, Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel, best bands were Wham!, Dire Straits and Five star while the best albums were by Sade, Phil Collins and Dire Straits.

This year the bands to choose from are Alt-J, Clean Bandit, Coldplay, One Direction and Royal Blood. I can't imagine the quality altered much in between.

I'd take a nomination as an insult.

I could have read all of that Bottler nonsense, I could have read some of it. I didn't.

Anyway, where were we? The Brits...

Did Morrissey ever get a nomination?

So you didn't read the article that begins the thread. Neither did you read the responses to that article. If you had done so, you'd have noted that I quoted his nomination for a BRIT award in 1995 and his silence about denouncing the award. Until he didn't get it. Honestly, you're like an annoying wasp in a car. If you're going to join a thread: PAY ATTENTION!

best
BB

I am embarrassed on Morrissey's behalf for this diabolical piece of writing. I'm sure if he had read it in the cold light of day he would never have pressed 'send'. Truly awful.

So you didn't read the article that begins the thread. Neither did you read the responses to that article. If you had done so, you'd have noted that I quoted his nomination for a BRIT award in 1995 and his silence about denouncing the award. Until he didn't get it. Honestly, you're like an annoying wasp in a car. If you're going to join a thread: PAY ATTENTION!

best
BB

I read the article, I just skipped your elongated horse shit.

"Even if the list of nominees are self-evidently of no artistic value"

How many of the nominees has Morrissey actually listened to? Who would Morrissey decree as suitable to host the awards? Paul Morley? Or one of his other early 80s enablers?

"Fittingly, the Awards will be hosted by light entertainers Ant & Dec, neither of whom have anything to do with music, but their presence indicates the modern hold and control that telly-culture now dominates over the world of modern music,"

What tosh. The Internet downloading and streaming culture control popular music. Young people don't really watch 'telly' anymore, Morrissey. They watch YouTube for music and Netflix for other stuff.

Who are the 'genuine' music lovers? His fans? Who decides 'musical worth'? Morrissey? And you don't win a BRIT unless you're genuinely popular. 'Genuine musicologists'. Somebody bring back The Old Grey Whistle Test so Morrissey feels safe. He sounds like a sour Prog-Rock loser and everything that punk swore to do away with.

Tasteless reference to Belsen, given what Morrissey's said about Jews in the music industry.

"With solemn cathedral hush....the Brit Awards have come to define what is neither talent nor star, having paid no attention to what is true. we are asked to watch and to believe, and not to question..."

Was he dragged up as a priest when he wrote this nonsense sermon?

"Therefore, not having accepted a Brit Award indicates classical value for any artist who takes their music seriously....we can at least be thankful that we are not nominated, because this means that you have probably advanced the good of music in your refusal to stand alongside what Michael Bracewell magnificently refers to as "market creations in an age after pop." Morrissey

The money quote. Morrissey is an artist of 'classical value'. He takes his music seriously, even if nobody else does. He's thankful he wasn't nominated but tries to re-frame this as refusing an invitation he never received. And quotes Bracewell badly quoting Joni. Just as Morrissey tried and failed to quote 'Free Man In Paris'. Was ITMAAP written after failing to be nominated for some MTV Europe award? Is it a song about failing to make the cut for Eurovision? Is it the loss of the love of the pop voters he bewails? *rollseyes*

I've enjoyed this one! It makes a change from the cheese stuff. Moar Morrissey, more!

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

I read the article, I just skipped your elongated horse shit.

And now you've remembered that you can you Google to search for Morrissey's BRIT nominations. Well done!

best
BB

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Re: New on TTY: "Music awards are none of your business."

Look at me! Look at me! I'm still here! And I'm commenting on a current event! I'm being controversial! I'm IN THE NEWS.

Jesus f***ing Christ. This schtick is so, so old and hackneyed.

Make a record. Be good. Sell it.

P.

Which begs the obvious question; why do you keep coming back here?

It's not 1985 anymore y'know...

Please stay on topic. If you want to sleep, go to The Pigsty or Off Topic, please

thanks

best
BB

@Broomstickcowboy,

Every time you post repetitive nonsense directed towards Moz you reveal your weakness and dependency on him. You love him and you need him. You are very much like him. Morrissey wants to change the world of man and animals and absolutely will not shut up. You want to change the world of Morrissey and absolutely will not shut up. You are very much like him, the only difference he is an excellent artist and you are....what?
Your obsessions are shining through to the bare lie of your existence.

Everybody here is not stupid.

Last edited:
Just as it's your right to hijack every thread with your boring bullshit, it's mine to sleep through it. Alright Bottler?

I'm not hijacking the thread. Everyone is free to comment and I have no control over their decision not to. I wish you'd add something constructive to this fascinating debate instead of just being insulting towards me. Are you trying to upset me? FAIL!

Here's my latest take on this extraordinary statement from Morrissey.

I believe Morrissey's fans need to instigate some direct action about this terrible injustice. Start a petition DEMANDING that Morrissey be given a Life-Time Achievement Award like Bowie. Picket/blockade the O2 on the night the heinous BRITS propaganda machine broadcasts. Get all of the nomimees to wear a Morrissey t-shirt in protest and hand them out to the "clueless consumer" audience as they arrive.

Demand that the venue goes meat-free next year when this terrible wrong is righted. After all, Morrissey won't turn up at the O2 for The BRITS 2016 if they're selling meat to patrons, just as he refused to turn up at The Nobel Awards....oh, wait. His fans can blockade the hot-dog stand and direct 'clueless consumers' to the merchandising stand to buy Meat Is Murder stencils.

Seriously. This is how the descent into chaos begins. It starts with a beloved pop start being shaded by the BRITS and next thing you know, there's tanks on the street and martial law.

best
BB

@Broomstickcowboy,

Every time you post repetitive nonsense directed towards Moz you reveal your weakness and dependency on him. You love him and you need him. You are very much like him. Morrissey wants to change the world of man and animals and absolutely will not shut up. You want to change the world of Morrissey and absolutely will not shut up. You are very much like him, the only difference he is an excellent artist and you are....what?

agreed howard. on an aside i am finding it funny that im learning html by looking at and replying to quotes

@Broomstickcowboy,

This is a very hurtful and cruel comment. I am shaking so much I can hardly type a reply. I do not post 'repetitive nonsense'. I post scintillating and insightful comments which open up vast new continents of possibilities in the study and appreciation of The Artiste Morrissey. You appear to be just another jealous hater, so I'm going to 'shake it off', like Taylor Swift has undoubtedly shaken off Morrissey's cruel diss that she's never been to Coventry or Scunthorpe. I have just checked Tay's Twitter and she is ignoring Morrissey, but she has just met Madonna and Kanye West wants to record with her, so I expect that's helped her cope with the shock of realising Morrissey does not respect her as an Artiste.

Now, to address the core of your complaints. I am not weak, as I am not allowing you to bully me with your hater game! I am not dependent on Morrissey, though I do get endless hours of fun out of analysing his 'complex genius' like wot he delivers in this lulz diatribe. I am NOT very much like Morrissey. I am 18 stone and live on sodas and potato snacks in "Mom's Basement". He doesn't do that, does he? Or not as much as he used to. I am not trying to change The World Of Morrissey. I am just having fun. He is an excellent Artiste, I agree. And I am just a jealous nobody on the Interwebz spilling out venom, unlike Morrissey who is a somebody in a 5 star hotel suite spilling out venom towards the BRITS. Which is, like, a totally meaningful way to spend your days when you're bored of having selfies taken with ancient singers like yourself. I really like your last line, it's very *poetic*. It's almost like it's a Morrissey or Jackson Sainte-Mary lyric:

"Your obsessions are shining through to the bare lie of your existence.La! La! La! Shake it off! La! La! Lolz!"

Why don't you just put me on Ignore and stop interrupting my incredibly important Musings On Morrissey. People all over the world are being killed and Morrissey is being ignored by the BRITS...and what do you do? You just sit there....because all you need is me...la! la!

best
BB

agreed howard. on an aside i am finding it funny that im learning html by looking at and replying to quotes

Haterz gonna hate, but I'm not here to put up with your venom. I'm here to analyse the complex genius of The Artiste Morrissey. Please do NOT interrupt me again!This is ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT MISSIVES MORRISSEY HAS EVER MAILED! Please give it the consideration and respect it deserves. British culture is in danger. Help Morrissey save the Brits from THE BRITS!

best
BB

@Broomstickcowboy,

Well said.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom