TTY: Music awards are none of your business

This is perfect. Perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect. Perfect. To bad mouth his message is to not understand the passion that he, and many of us, approach music with. Nor to understand the sickening feeling that's created by our respective countries assigning more than 1 second of attention to the disaster that is modern day pop music and pop culture. "Oh, get over it, Morrissey," is your personal advertisement to all who accidentally skim your idiocy that you are, in fact, an idiot.

People shouldn't concern themselves with what he says on the stage or on his site. That's his site and when he performs on stage he owns it. If you don't like it put him on ignore.

He believes in something and it's his damn right as an artist. Get over your boring selves.

Well, that was long. Morrissey is still far less verbose than the usual suspects. This thread will probably be 12 pages long by this time tomorrow.

You people consider this rant 'long'? Wtf, how f***ing short are your attention spans

This is perfect. Perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect. Perfect. To bad mouth his message is to not understand the passion that he, and many of us, approach music with. Nor to understand the sickening feeling that's created by our respective countries assigning more than 1 second of attention to the disaster that is modern day pop music and pop culture. "Oh, get over it, Morrissey," is your personal advertisement to all who accidentally skim your idiocy that you are, in fact, an idiot.

We tell him to "get over it" because he's stating the obvious. Everyone with half a brain already knows what he's saying to be true. The way he goes on about it just makes him look spiteful, and not in any witty, intellectual way.

How dare Morrissey have an opinion. I wish he would go back to singing about bicycles.

Please. This is who Morrissey is - passionate about music and pointing out the sorry state that it is in at present.

hes lost his mind.
maybe you dont like the awards. ok
but to go on incoherently on and on.

I savor Morrissey's writing; lyrics, prose, all of it. Morrissey is the only person, celebrity or otherwise, who commands my full attention. He always makes such great points and interesting comments. My one critique is that he overuses the phrase "it is." If he had let me proofread his book I would have suggested he strike "it is" from many sentences. Of course, he's a much more successful writer than I will ever be, so I suppose I shouldn't say anything. :p Hey Moz, try rewriting these sentences without using "it is":

"It is one of those moments not unlike the hourly BBC News, where the elite decide what it is that the people want, and then slyly attempt to weave it into populist culture. It is the same whip used by the mass media when they tell you that something is happening because of public demand, the aggressive intention being that the people are shockingly naive enough to eventually echo whatever it is that the elite decides upon."

LOL :D
GONEforeverNOTquite

You people consider this rant 'long'? Wtf, how f***ing short are your attention spans

I agree with most of what he says yet couldn't find the bother to drone on about it as much as he had. He just wants to rant and whinge, he believes his opinion is important enough to be heard by many. Good for him I guess but I got about half way through the before I just couldn't read anymore.

What I find funnier is some of the reactions here. Classic MS responses. Calling on him to "just ignore it if you don't like it then!" Failing to see the irony that they have to comment on every little thing about Morrissey that they dislike, if it's so easy, just ignore it if you don't like it then.

Ooooh, he mentioned China.... does that mean he said something racist? But more importantly, has Tseng been offended...?

Hello again. Please make something up again. I'm bored.

P.

- - - Updated - - -

There's nothing more hackneyed or faux-controversial than the woefully predictable crap spewed out by Skinny, Bummie and all the other usual suspects. Having read Morrissey's piece, I could immediately predict *exactly* how the usual suspects would respond (of course they didn't disappoint!) and therein lies the irony of their position: it's a bit rich for them to accuse anyone else of being hackneyed or controversial or attention-seeking given the repetitive drivel they habitually post on here with such tedious, nauseating, pointless, stultifying predictability: no debate, no reasoned cogent arguments, just pathetic, infantile insults and name-calling.

If Skinny, Bummie, Benny, JB et al would care to tell us their sizes, I'm sure there are regulars who'd like to have a whipround to buy them each one of these: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c386/Michael_Fish_UKHeir/BIGDEALt-shirt_zps3fd718c4.jpg

Ta-da! Completely unfazed by being called out on making stuff up for the sake of making a point, here you are again. Bless you and your noble cause.

P.

Re: New on TTY: "Music awards are none of your business."

There's nothing more hackneyed or faux-controversial than the woefully predictable crap spewed out by Skinny, Bummie and all the other usual suspects. Having read Morrissey's piece, I could immediately predict *exactly* how the usual suspects would respond (of course they didn't disappoint!) and therein lies the irony of their position: it's a bit rich for them to accuse anyone else of being hackneyed or controversial or attention-seeking given the repetitive drivel they habitually post on here with such tedious, nauseating, pointless, stultifying predictability: no debate, no reasoned cogent arguments, just pathetic, infantile insults and name-calling.

If Skinny, Bummie, Benny, JB et al would care to tell us their sizes, I'm sure there are regulars who'd like to have a whipround to buy them each one of these: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c386/Michael_Fish_UKHeir/BIGDEALt-shirt_zps3fd718c4.jpg

Save your money people, you only need buy one instead of the four mentioned above. Mail it to Beaky Riley at True to You dot com (large will probably be ok).

Benny-the-British-Butcher

http://www.brits.co.uk/about-us/who-votes-for-the-brit-awards

I always found awards for music, tv and film to be a complete waste of time. All of them, that Rock 'n' Roll Hall Of Fame, The Baftas, The Brits, Oscars, whatever. It's just a bunch of backslapping nonsense, I guess it's a chance to say, 'hey look at us, we're still relevant', when in truth most of what's nominated is made for the sole purpose of making money making it artistically irrelevant. As for Morrissey's statement, I'm with R E Howard.

People shouldn't concern themselves with what he says on the stage or on his site. That's his site and when he performs on stage he owns it. If you don't like it put him on ignore.

He believes in something and it's his damn right as an artist. Get over your boring selves.

" and now ! And now if I may ! I'd ! I'd like to sing for you meat is publicity but you may eat some cheese "

Yep fair enough !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

not done your home work. reminds me of what moz had to say to brett about there imaginary meeting.

The Brits are corporate back-slapping shit. Who'd have thunk it?

Probably still disappointed he never did a Klf/ Jarvis though

Fair point about the media coverage of Prince Andrew though.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom