TTY: Music awards are none of your business

I read it fast but other than Macdonna its a pretty sound piece of writing. :thumb:

I read it fast but other than Macdonna its a pretty sound piece of writing. :thumb:

Congratulations on your speed-reading skills!

Which parts of the text did you think were 'sound' and why? Are you a Madonna fan? Why do you single out his witty diss against her? Is she an important figure in your cosmology? Take your time. Maybe read it again. Slowly.

best
BB

The Brit Awards are pure scour and I'm happy to see Moz ranting against it yet again. He could have done it all in one short paragraph though. Obviously he bemoans the death of popular music and who can blame him. When I hear people say 'but you have to admire Simon Cowell for his ingenuity' I want to throttle them. Ant and Dec are shite too and have no place presenting music awards. But the Brits hasn't been watchable since the magnificent Suede broke the microphone back in 1993 after 'Animal Nitrate'. No proper bands left any more. The best we can hope for these days are one hit wonders who couldn't make a good album if their life depended on it. Of course the problem is that their life doesn't depend on it.

What does 'pure scour' mean?
Who would you have presenting the BRITS in place of Ant and Dec? Do you think Morrissey would make a good presenter? How did Suede break the microphone in 1993? Did they drop it on the floor? Or were they whirling it around their heads like Morrissey and it hit one of them and concussed them? Do you really think that great music only comes when pop musicians lives are in danger? I've never thought about that before. In which case, Morrissey's *CANCER!* scare should ensure his next LP is a real zinger. If he lives to make it, of course. It would be awful if he made a classic, then died, only to miss his posthumous lifetime achievement award at a post-funeral BRITS.

best
BB

"Music awards are none of your business
So would you kindly keep your nose out
The BRITS must profit and get richer..."

OK, so Morrissey thinks nobody should vote for politicians but complains about the fact that people aren't allowed to vote in the BRITS? Can anybody see the logic/rationality problem with this? I'm struggling with how Morrissey is against direct voter democracy for trivialities like saving the NHS and stopping gratuitous wars but incandescent with rage because nobody can vote for WPINOYB in the BRITS 2015. Do people have no sense of priorities!? Or is Morrissey just a delusional prat with a massive chip on his shoulder about commercial failure and a barely concealed contempt for popular tastes in music?

" The Brit Awards do not ask the public who they would like to see receive awards - for that would be to risk too much" Morrissey

best
BB

ps: It's a close contest between Kanye and Morrissey for the biggest bitch/sore loser on the planet. Kanye edges it, but only because he's full-on delusional and has the guts to make a total fool of himself in front of a global audience, whereas Morrissey just sort of...whines.....in the distance. Maybe they should join forces. Kaynessey.

Last edited:
Can't find Morrissey's denunciation of the BRIT awards in 2005 when he was nominated in the category British Male Solo Artist. Can anybody find his immediate rejection of this nomination, prior to the results? Or his denunciation of the Grammys in 92? Again, prior to the results.

Even though nominated I don't think he bothered attending in 2005 did he? Usually even nominees go and use the chance to push their barrow somewhat. Also invited to duet with Robbie Williams at the Brits which he also turned down. I don't think he's that interested in a Brit award TBH and I suspect you already know this as well as you seem to have been a long term fan or at the very least still follow his every move and spend a tremendous amount of time dissecting his career and every utterance in great detail.

I think he did attend that Grammy's though? So I suspect he'd have glided up on stage if he'd nabbed the prize. I really wish he'd desist from these rants though. His position on the Brits is well known.

"Music awards are none of your business
So would you kindly keep your nose out
The BRITS must profit and get richer..."

OK, so Morrissey thinks nobody should vote for politicians but complains about the fact that people aren't allowed to vote in the BRITS? Can anybody see the logic/rationality problem with this? I'm struggling with how Morrissey is against direct voter democracy for trivialities like saving the NHS and stopping gratuitous wars but incandescent with rage because nobody can vote for WPINOYB in the BRITS 2015. Do people have no sense of priorities!? Or is Morrissey just a delusional prat with a massive chip on his shoulder about commercial failure and a barely concealed contempt for popular tastes in music?

" The Brit Awards do not ask the public who they would like to see receive awards - for that would be to risk too much" Morrissey

best
BB

ps: It's a close contest between Kanye and Morrissey for the biggest bitch/sore loser on the planet. Kanye edges it, but only because he's full-on delusional and has the guts to make a total fool of himself in front of a global audience, whereas Morrissey just sort of...whines.....in the distance. Maybe they should join forces. Kaynessey.

BB draws a completely false comparison as anyone with a brain knows. And Kanye and Moz aren't anywhere close to Bummie, Benny and JB for sheer self-absorbed f***wittery.

Ooooh, he mentioned China.... does that mean he said something racist? But more importantly, has Tseng been offended...?

Why is it that only ideas-free and factory-farmed 'personalities' are encouraged? Is it simply because we are all easier to govern as long as we are free of any content? Well, yes.

No one cares how things work. Face-value will suffice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though nominated I don't think he bothered attending in 2005 did he? Usually even nominees go and use the chance to push their barrow somewhat. Also invited to duet with Robbie Williams at the Brits which he also turned down. I don't think he's that interested in a Brit award TBH and I suspect you already know this as well as you seem to have been a long term fan or at the very least still follow his every move and spend a tremendous amount of time dissecting his career and every utterance in great detail.

I think he did attend that Grammy's though? So I suspect he'd have glided up on stage if he'd nabbed the prize. I really wish he'd desist from these rants though. His position on the Brits is well known.

I thought he didn't attend the Grammys.

His wall of text did not allow me to breathe at all while reading it. It is a long rant from a very angry white man that should try to be me in the hood for one day.

Re: New on TTY: "Music awards are none of your business."

Look at me! Look at me! I'm still here! And I'm commenting on a current event! I'm being controversial! I'm IN THE NEWS.

Jesus f***ing Christ. This schtick is so, so old and hackneyed.

Make a record. Be good. Sell it.

P.

There's nothing more hackneyed or faux-controversial than the woefully predictable crap spewed out by Skinny, Bummie and all the other usual suspects. Having read Morrissey's piece, I could immediately predict *exactly* how the usual suspects would respond (of course they didn't disappoint!) and therein lies the irony of their position: it's a bit rich for them to accuse anyone else of being hackneyed or controversial or attention-seeking given the repetitive drivel they habitually post on here with such tedious, nauseating, pointless, stultifying predictability: no debate, no reasoned cogent arguments, just pathetic, infantile insults and name-calling.

If Skinny, Bummie, Benny, JB et al would care to tell us their sizes, I'm sure there are regulars who'd like to have a whipround to buy them each one of these: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c386/Michael_Fish_UKHeir/BIGDEALt-shirt_zps3fd718c4.jpg

Someone has been tossing back the gin. Boy, what a miserable, sorry sod.

I am sure TRB will find all kind of hidden signs within this drivel.

Blue Rose lives on!

So says Steven McMorrissey who hangs out with the judge off the ITV rival Saturday night talent show ! ! ! That's right TOM JONES, dear oh dear.

CRANK, CHARLATAN, HYPOCRITE, DAVID ICKE, MEAT IS PUBLICITY SEEKER, PINOCHIO, WHACKO-MOZZO, SHYSTER.

Benny-the-British-Butcher (say no to the ban Benny campaign)

I was fooled into thinking he was happy- looking all thin and posing for photos around LA. Good thing he knocked some sense into me with a drunken, angry rant.

As the regulars here well know, even if Morrissey discovered cures for AIDS and cancer, Skinny, Bummie, Benny and JB would even then, predictably, find something to criticise. Still, at least we can be thankful there's no Anti-Moz agenda on this site.

How on earth did Morrissey come to this? He used to be peerless. It's pathetic.

Could be he's throwing a meltdown because of poor ticket sales and not enough black curtain material ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Why is everyone so busy pissing and moaning about Morrissey and not what Morrissey is TALKING ABOUT? If you don't think there's an enclave of people deciding what we should listen to and adding insult to injury, carefully telling us how much we like it through the medium of award shows and music events, you are a sheep being led to the slaughter of original ideas. His last album talked about uncomfortable things so he will get zero recognition. We are being programmed to laud and recognize the artists who "play by the rules" and "do what they're told" and in the interim, we are being fed corporate, valley-of-the-dolls bullshit. EVERYONE thinks Madonna is the ultimate feminist. Madonna who goes to bizarre lengths to alter her appearance to pander to the corporate man. "Be a strong woman...do that by having steroid arms, they'll buy yer shit, we'll back you and put you on every station while you subliminally tell girls to go to OCD lengths to looks like a strong woman instead of actually BEING a strong woman." But the mknute Morrissey points this out, "Oh there he goes whining again. Notice me, notice me."

Change isn't polite. f*** you people, it's pathetic. I have more respect for Brummie and his consistency and insistence on being a dick than I do for the vultures waiting on their perches to lambast Morrissey who DARE point out we're being fed corporate bullshit MASKED as music when real music is left to tiny cornfield festivals and coffee shops when it SHOULD be on the goddam radio.

Also if you think the CONTROL stops at music, it does not. He's addressing an issue we should all be very concerned about. But by all means, please just sit back and enjoy life in the comfort of your digitally enhanced home.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom