TTY: Morrissey unable to play concerts in Mexico due to an ongoing dispute with Mexican promoters

Re: TTY- "Mexico"

When I see Morrissey and Mexico in the same sentence, this is what I think of...

Moz guadalajara.jpg

P.

It's NOT sad news if you're a poor Mexican who doesn't want to waste good money buying tickets for a show and then having Morrissey flake out and not appear at the last minute.

You know you're finished when even Mexican promoters stop organizing your kidnappings.

I'm sure there are people who would love to help with that, in exchange for a few millions.

But you must bring your own cement Morrissey, this is not the Salvation Army.

Shoulda translated the book into Spanish...:p

Because it's very obvious he's interested in the country (city) and the fandom , you all know he likes Mexico (City) , it's his very Morrissey way of provoke/not provoke the situation.
This either will help the Mexico City people or will sink us.

They got quite pissed since last cancelation at the viva Latino crap festival he was gonna play coz he actually came here to Mexico City and was seen in good health and very enthusiastic but he canceled at the last minute, so since there's basically only one promoter who'd bring him , they won't take any risks.
Unless suddenly something surprises us...

I really believed that he had serious health issues that caused him to cancel the Viva Latino Festival, and the remaining USA tour dates that were to follow. (You might know more, unloveable, I'm merely going on that radio interview he did with Rulo.)

But do you guys remember this TTY posting from just a few weeks after the canceled US tour?

"Morrissey is scheduled to play shows in seven cities in Mexico in June, rounding-off at the National Auditorium in Mexico City. Morrissey will also appear on two national television shows."

I always wondered why these shows in Mexico never materialized and were never mentioned again. Was there (another) canceled contract that is still a cause of tension? :confused:

I really believed that he had serious health issues that caused him to cancel the Viva Latino Festival, and the remaining USA tour dates that were to follow. (You might know more, unloveable, I'm merely going on that radio interview he did with Rulo.)

But do you guys remember this TTY posting from just a few weeks after the canceled US tour?

I always wondered why these shows in Mexico never materialized and were never mentioned again. Was there (another) canceled contract that is still a cause of tension? :confused:

What's your point? First of all a friend of mine from Germany (she was on holiday) bumbed into him in Mexico City as he walked out of Saks and he didn't look well and his voice sounded horrible. He told her that he had to rest his voice for an radio interview so that "people can hear me although I'm not quite sure if they really want that, anyway." And regarding the ongoing disput with promoters ... well, you just pointed to it yourself. Obviously the dispute is ongoing since the failed Mexican shows in 2013.

Rat and alf are Santa Cruz drug dealers.

honestamente no nos importa, su show es viejo, caduco y aburrido, por mi se puede morir, lo mejor de él ya lo dió durante el siglo XX.

I'm sure Morrissey, the band, the traveling road crew, security, wardrobe, traveling secretary, and whomever is part of the Morrissey entourage are upset because they won't be able to live out their sick perverted fantasies with Mexican whores. Mexico is the most sexually perverted and corrupt country in the world.

Morrissey finally learning that cancelling shows, sailing off into the sunset and leaving promoters to pay the costs has consequences. Who'd a thunk it?

It's NOT sad news if you're a poor Mexican who doesn't want to waste good money buying tickets for a show and then having Morrissey flake out and not appear at the last minute.

*sigh*

if You're real devoted you've gone through this at least a few times, not a good feeling but we've all had that service, at least their were T shirt sellers

'and they say he's mentall'.....1995 first time...

Last edited:
It has more to do with being kidnapped by the Mexican "police" or not seeing any money from the tour "promoters".

When he played in Tijuana a few years ago, his black Mercedes C Class was immediately pulled over when he crossed the border into Mexico and he had to pay a bribe for something. Luckily Nancy wasn't with him, because she would of made some serious refried beans out of those Mexican "Police officers".

We know that story, so then why did he agree to play Mexico this year? Nobody minds if he refuses to play a venue when asked to consider it, but he should not sign up for concerts, get people's hopes up, and then decline. It is not professional behaviour. He is his own worst enemy. When it comes to money I'd say he's as tight as a rock wrapped in plastic and buried 10,000 feet deep.

I propose a Border Cities Tour... San Diego, Yuma, El Paso, Laredo and McAllen.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom