TTY - Morrissey statement - Hannover, Germany

Hannover, Germany - true-to-you.net

Following the recent predictable attacks of influenza, both the team and I were ecstatic at last night's reception at Hannover. We are very grateful to the crowd for such a huge boost, and we are thrilled to resume what has (sneezes aside) been a triumphant tour for World peace is none of your business. Our thanks will outlive time.
Bass player Solomon is on "compassionate leave", and our new bass player is Mando Lopez, to whom we are instantly indebted.
Our covered wagon rolls onwards ...

Morrissey
Hamburg, Germany
6 November 2014

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, whatever "compassionate leave" means, I hope it's not anything terrible. For me it conjures images of white coats and lobotomies, but maybe I'm just a pessimist.

And on a teenage girl note, the thought of Morrissey sneezing is adorable.

Listen to early live versions of Rubber Ring / What She Said to hear him sneeze...

Do you think Morrissey will ever sneeze into my vagina? :sweet:

I'm wait for Crystalgeezer's sources to give her permission to tell us what really happened. :rolleyes:

I know nothing. My contact dried up after I kept offering her one of the many extra cats I have in my life. :p

I have an unneutered male I'll pay to neuter and a spayed female if you're interested, hit me up via PM. :D

There indeed should've been a full TTY entry at that time, but to be fair, looking at the 2004 archives it was almost all chart positions/tour news with very little in the way of personal missives.

By the way, what did you think of Morrissey recently saying how much he enjoyed writing songs with Alain? I was glad to read that.

"Compashernate Leave." Funny how he never bothered to say anything at all when Alain fell ill.

'Compassionate leave' usually means something bad has or is about to happen, like a death in the family or a family member gravely ill. It rarely if ever means anything good.
When I saw the '...' at the end of the story on Moz Solo I jumped to True-To-You in case there was a longer story, but no. As usual 'True-To-You' is the bare minimum and hardly worth the visit.

Why does Geezer go commando at picnics?

To keep the flies off the chicken...

So the recent cancellations were not due to Morrissey himself being ill, but rather an issue with Soloman Walker. That must throw a spanner in the works of all those blaming Morrissey for the recent missed concerts.

So the recent cancellations were not due to Morrissey himself being ill, but rather an issue with Soloman Walker. That must throw a spanner in the works of all those blaming Morrissey for the recent missed concerts.

I would suggest that the latest statement directly contradicts this one...

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_141102_01

How could they know, in all certainty, and getting the crew there, that the Hanover gig would go ahead? Simple. They knew the new bassist would be there, and every single person would be miraculously cured of the flu.

P.

I would suggest that the latest statement directly contradicts this one...

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_141102_01

How could they know, in all certainty, and getting the crew there, that the Hanover gig would go ahead? Simple. They knew the new bassist would be there, and every single person would be miraculously cured of the flu.

P.

Righteous isn't the word for it.

Actually no, the latest statement doesn't contradict the prevoious one. It mentions influenza and sneezes - which was the resason given for the cancellations.

Well, whatever the issue is that warrants compassionate leave I hope Solomon will be OK. And if 'flu' is a smokescreen, (which it may not be), I think it's fair/ kind that no single band member was identified as the reason that the gigs were cancelled. It shows compassion.

Last edited:
I would have appreciated a thought for those who were left without show. I would attend my hopefully rescheduled concert on a better mood.

He sneezes at the end of "I Started Something I Couldn't Finish." Jesus this is a low.

That was funny!!! But don't worry, old man, the polls will remain as the lowest point ever in morrissey-solo history. Which has, by the way, high intellectual peaks, like Benny the British Butcher alternative set lists.

If it was genuine compassionate leave, like the yes men seem to think it is, isn't it odd that it's in speech marks...

Something is fishy... (No, not you CG!)

compassionate leave - (military) leave granted in an emergency such as family sickness or death.

Oh you f***ing saddoes, anally analysing text, punctuation, phrasing for any scant evidence that supports your tedious, predictable anti-Moz agenda. Nobody here knows why Solomon isn't playing at the moment because THEY WEREN'T THERE. It's hugely ironic that people who regularly criticise SPM for childish behaviour or for being a drama queen or for having his priorities wrong should end up arguing over the possible implications of placing a phrase within speech marks or whether or not a certain phrase is exclusively used by the military... Look in the mirror, f***tards.

I cannot vouch 100% for the truth of this, but I have heard rumours swirling around that Solomon was asked to leave the tour, after Moz caught him eating meat - presumably on his paycheck. Hence the 'compassionate leave': Solomon has to leave until he shows some compassion towards animals. No one was ever ill - it just took this long to get the right replacement in place. Interestingly Mando Lopez was *not* the first bass player flown over to try out for the band as Solomon's replacement, but for some reason the initial guy who was flown out to Switzerland failed to meet Moz's favour and was sent home, so the band not being ready for Lausanne/Basel.

Of all the rumors out, I would actually buy this one the most. Sounds like something Morrissey would do.
I cannot vouch 100% for the truth of this, but I have heard rumors swirling around that Solomon was asked to leave the tour, after Moz caught him eating meat - presumably on his paycheck. Hence the 'compassionate leave': Solomon has to leave until he shows some compassion towards animals. No one was ever ill - it just took this long to get the right replacement in place. Interestingly Mando Lopez was *not* the first bass player flown over to try out for the band as Solomon's replacement, but for some reason the initial guy who was flown out to Switzerland failed to meet Moz's favour and was sent home, so the band not being ready for Lausanne/Basel.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom