TTY: Morrissey show in Manchester (Aug. 20, 2016; on sale Fri.)

Morrissey show in Manchester - true-to-you.net
5 July 2016

Morrissey will play Manchester Arena on Saturday 20 August.
Damien Dempsey is very special guest.
Tickets are on sale this Friday (8 July), max 4 per person.
This will be Morrissey's first appearance in Manchester for four years, and his only 2016 show in England.

38834_morrissey_a4_new.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I live 3 minutes from the venue and I'll be leaving about 7:30pm - even then it's pushing it!

Seriously though, I'll be in the pub from four with The Beast - that last Arena gig was shite so making sure I'm fully pissed before I get there.

I live 3 minutes from the venue and I'll be leaving about 7:30pm - even then it's pushing it!

Seriously though, I'll be in the pub from four with The Beast - that last Arena gig was shite so making sure I'm fully pissed before I get there.

This is how I tend to approach a Morrissey show.

it would be funny if the stage is pushed all the way to the front of the venue. marquee on front saying MOZ TONITE SOLD OUT y0u want in and bump directly into the stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Standing is NOT sold out, it's a marketing ploy to create panic sales which happens with every single B-list arena gig. MUSE/ADELE sell out instantly but that's about it. The rest of the Standing tickets will be drip-fed back onto general sale if there's no uptake on secondary sites....it's a standard ploy to try and shift the shit seats up at the back. Shaft the fans by offloading the crap tickets on them, then sell the good seats/remaining standing to casuals on secondary sites. Nothing to do with Morrissey, it's just part of the entire corrupt, Corporate music biz situation.

I hope you are right, looking at the MEN interactive seat picker, there are only a couple of hundred left, so hopefully more standing will become available soon.

Anyway, New Order tomorrow night fully standing, just hope it doesn't piss down!

http://www.eventim.co.uk/tickets.html?fun=evdetail&doc=evdetailb&key=1450344$8326856&affiliate=MAN

I hate to break the news but Moz attracts nothing BUT middle aged men.
The few women he does attract happen to look like middle aged men.
I dont really know that your theory holds water.
Add drunken and aggressive middle aged men. I guess if your from somewhere like Edinburgh and you want to relive your old hooligan days Manchester is a lot closer than say a trip to The Den in SE London. Shame that's who Morrissey attracts but bans all the chilled people who are actually cool.

Any there any good bars close to the arena that will be playing moz/smiths music? last arena gig I went to the printworks but it wasn't great

Add drunken and aggressive middle aged men. I guess if your from somewhere like Edinburgh and you want to relive your old hooligan days Manchester is a lot closer than say a trip to The Den in SE London. Shame that's who Morrissey attracts but bans all the chilled people who are actually cool.
I attended the LA gig and there were a FEW middle aged people, 1/3 Latinos, but MOST of the audience comprised of YOUNG, ATTRACTIVE people who CAN SING and are very POLITE, unlike what's pictured below:

34fbab4_metalhea.jpg

OR
Stage1600.jpg

in the video from that gig in the hollywood high school, there are nothing but middle aged men with a sprinkling of middle aged women. 20 middle aged men to each middle aged woman. one kid, the annoying one that was hoisted on Moz, but he was probably an actor paid to be there.

I attended the LA gig and there were a FEW middle aged people, 1/3 Latinos, but MOST of the audience comprised of YOUNG, ATTRACTIVE people who CAN SING and are very POLITE, unlike what's pictured below:

34fbab4_metalhea.jpg

OR
Stage1600.jpg

Poor dimebag

Now now surface, play nice, there must be some good bars around, the print works was full of wankers, I take it that's where you go?
No I don't go there, it is full of wankers. Head for the Northern Quarter, loads of good pubs and eateries. It's about 5 mins from the arena.

Tha
No I don't go there, it is full of wankers. Head for the Northern Quarter, loads of good pubs and eateries. It's about 5 mins from the arena.
thanks for that, I'll probably be arriving in manchester around 3pm, I'll be dropping the bags in the hotel and heading straight out so the northern quarter sounds ideal

Ok we KNOW you are coming, how many more times have we yet to be informed of the fact? Perhaps its your wish her Majesty the Queen receive you and pronounce on you all the appropriate honors?

Why are you wasting your £ if the last gig was shite? What makes you think this one will be any different? It won't be. Same old Dad rock Smiths-karaoke with a few 20 year old Songlines world music flourishes. No matter how pissed you are it will still be shit when you wake up next day and realised you've wasted all that money when you could have had a decent blowjob for the same price.

Who's the f***er on the poster smoking a fag? edit: oh, it's Albert Finney. How novel/fresh/cutting edge....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom