TTY: Morrissey show in Manchester (Aug. 20, 2016; on sale Fri.)

Morrissey show in Manchester - true-to-you.net
5 July 2016

Morrissey will play Manchester Arena on Saturday 20 August.
Damien Dempsey is very special guest.
Tickets are on sale this Friday (8 July), max 4 per person.
This will be Morrissey's first appearance in Manchester for four years, and his only 2016 show in England.

38834_morrissey_a4_new.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hang on ! Hang on ! :anguished:
£75:00p plus ? :eek:
Seventy :head-smack: five:head-smack: pounds :head-smack: queens :head-smack: sterling :head-smack: plus some :head-smack: ?
To see what exactly ? A portly old baldy bloke performing his yesteryear golden oldies with a working men's club, part time resident backing band :laughing:
Throwing his humasexual blouse to the kids :laughing: ( show us yer Grandpa-oobies :barf:)

"Whatever happens don't forget me ! I love you ! Goodbye ! This really is my last performance again ! Oh and don't forget the tat stall on the way out, it's my last perfomance ever again ! Honest ! :rofl:

4kin hell ! Those poor kids having to listen to the latest bastardised version of Steve's gimmick song meat is murder ! Ground out through Martin and co's sausage machine amps ! ( good luck with that one 'Milky' )

No doubt the British establishment, Kate, Cameron, Steve Barnett and the usual suspects will be to blame when this performance falls on its arse :drama:.

If I may I'd like to leave you all with a very historic quote.

" Funny isn't it ? When I came here years ago to tell you Steven was a CrankFraud you all laughed at me :tiphat: ! WELL YOUR'RE * NOT LAUGHING NOW ARE YOU ? ? ? ? " :rofl::laughing::tiphat::ha-no::mock::clap::angry::highfive::clap::popcorn::drama::bow::ahhh::clap::eek::crazy::guitar::lbf::thumb::sweatsmile::tearsofjoy::tonguewink::handpointup::thumbsup::handfist:.

Until the end of this CrankFraud career.
Yours ! Truly ! Truly ! Trooooooly !
Goodnight and Spankyou

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Like :thumbsup:X 157. Go Benny X 293. Dislike :thumbsdown:X 3.5. Blimey ! What a CrankFraud Steve is X 2,5900.

Some people have very short memories...

When ROTT was released, Morrissey could easily have done a very large arena tour but instead played small theatres. This included (I think) four different venues in Manchester.

Yeah - unfortunately that was a decade ago. The last UK tour was all arenas. The days of seeing Morrissey in a sweaty club with under 1,000 audience is over in this country. Now all he cares about is money.

Yeah - unfortunately that was a decade ago. The last UK tour was all arenas. The days of seeing Morrissey in a sweaty club with under 1,000 audience is over in this country. Now all he cares about is money.

Of course they're over. Don't be daft. :lbf:

Like :handfist::thumbsup: X 17

When ROTT was released, Morrissey could easily have done a very large arena tour but instead played small theatres. This included (I think) four different venues in Manchester.

Plus a couple of years ago in Japan Morrissey did a very similar thing, and played a lengthy tour instead of just a couple of large venues.
I was at all four of those Manchester shows. Excellent, even the G-Mex. 2006 is ten years ago. That's an actual decade.

So let me sum up this thread so far:

1. Ticket price too high, even though i post about Morrissey on solo all the time, but i can't be bothered

2. Arena sucks, i only want to see him in a venue of 1500

3. He is a crank fraud because he changed his mind, which he has been doing for the last 25 years.

:swear

Plus a couple of years ago in Japan Morrissey did a very similar thing, and played a lengthy tour instead of just a couple of large venues.

Sorry for being a pedant, Morrissey toured in Japan in 2012, not 2014.

Fans in Japan had been kept waiting him for 10 years.
The situation was very different.

Gotta figure half the people here complaining wrote up their posts the moment Morrissey announced it was his last ever British show. I mean, who really didn't see this coming? But what we have here is a collection of online egos who want to jump up and down and get points for pointing out the bleeding obvious. Hopefully they'll be so smug they'll eventually disappear up their own assholes or something.
You have nailed it alright. But their heads are already up their own assholes. There's nowhere to go after that. It's nice and warm up there and the only opinion you can care about is your own shitty one. They live to complain.

I'm seeing the Cure on July 25th and the general admission dance floor tickets were $275 each. Rather than complaining I'm totally excited to see them for the first time ever. It's a lot of money but who gives a shit? Not me. With music theft rampant for the last decade or more I'm surprised concert tickets aren't more expensive.

Last edited:
Nicklelback are £38.50 so are Madness, Bastille are 28.50 The Cure are £50 along with Selena Gomez and the entire Royal Philharmonic and Elvis, all playing the same stadium as are Placebo £27.50, in fact the only ones similarly priced Rod Stewart and the Who. If you think they have no input into ticket costs you're deluded, but thats not unusual round here these days.
This is what I would be willing to pay see Nickelback.
nickel.jpg

I'm seeing the Cure on July 25th and the general admission dance floor tickets were $275 each. Rather than complaining I'm totally excited to see them for the first time ever. It's a lot of money but who gives a shit? Not me. With music theft rampant for the last decade or more I'm surprised concert tickets aren't more expensive.

You think you paid a pretty penny for a concert ticket? Hear my story. I flew to L.A. (because he won't play in Canada, of course). Lost a week of wages, airline tickets, car rental, hotel, food and tix totaling to $4000. Someone wants to complain about spending $80 bucks on Morrissey can kiss my a$$ (and other parts of my corporis perfectus).

Sorry to say but as he gets older but it's probably better to schedule fewer shows with more people coming at once than a bunch of smaller shows with more travel time and more chances of illness fatigue resulting in possible cancelations. To those who go have fun and don't worry. It's only money

You think you paid a pretty penny for a concert ticket? Hear my story. I flew to L.A. (because he won't play in Canada, of course). Lost a week of wages, airline tickets, car rental, hotel, food and tix totaling to $4000. Someone wants to complain about spending $80 bucks on Morrissey can kiss my a$$ (and other parts of my corporis perfectus).
Did you have a good time?

Should we do a Kickstarter campaign to sell out the Manchester venue and avoid cancellation?
We would also have to figure out who to give away the tickets to afterward, would it upset Moz to have to play to a contingent of homeless?
any ideas?

Interestingly, I'm getting a lot of flack for pointing out Morrissey's original words to some blinded acolytes. I wonder what they don't like - the fact that Morrissey has once again been, to be kind, economical with the truth, or that someone had the GALL to point out that fact?

Blinded Acolytes? I have 20/20 vision so I am not blind. I do respect those that are religious, but I am not religious, so I could not be an acolyte (by one definition of the word).

UncleSkinny, all you do is nitpick everything :swear that is related to Morrissey. Then when you're feeling down and lonely, you "release" audio that was in trader's circles (for years) and people on here PRAISE YOU. so tell me, who are those "Blinded Acolytes" again? :praying:

So true

Blinded Acolytes? I have 20/20 vision so I am not blind. I do respect those that are religious, but I am not religious, so I could not be an acolyte (by one definition of the word).

UncleSkinny, all you do is nitpick everything :swear that is related to Morrissey. Then when you're feeling down and lonely, you "release" audio that was in trader's circles (for years) and people on here PRAISE YOU. so tell me, who are those "Blinded Acolytes" again? :praying:
I think he's unaware that Morrissey has the right to change his mind. Whining about Morrissey is what gets him up in the morning.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom