TTY: Morrissey show in Manchester (Aug. 20, 2016; on sale Fri.)

Morrissey show in Manchester - true-to-you.net
5 July 2016

Morrissey will play Manchester Arena on Saturday 20 August.
Damien Dempsey is very special guest.
Tickets are on sale this Friday (8 July), max 4 per person.
This will be Morrissey's first appearance in Manchester for four years, and his only 2016 show in England.

38834_morrissey_a4_new.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why so much moaning???

I'm totally stoked!

Why don't the piss and moan brigade f*** off and get your Ed Sheeran tix booked!

I'm happy as chuffing Larry!!!

I'm with you Herge...cannot wait to see him again, even if the venue is a bit rubbish.

Rifke, I've got a comfy couch if you fancy hopping over the ocean.

UncleSkinny...do us all a favour and f*** right off. Seriously. Just f*** off.

Morrissey show in Manchester - true-to-you.net
5 July 2016

Morrissey will play Manchester Arena on Saturday 20 August.
Damien Dempsey is very special guest.
Tickets are on sale this Friday (8 July), max 4 per person.
This will be Morrissey's first appearance in Manchester for four years, and his only 2016 show in England.

38834_morrissey_a4_new.jpg

The lack of Benny the Butcher on this thread is more concerning than this comeback gig!

"Look at me! I can STILL sell out Manchester Arena like all those other bands! Give me a record contract!" *stamps feet & screams*

It didn't sell out last time, doubt it will this time. Unless there's a decent new album or some spectacularly episodes of inflammatory trolling. Expect a TTY whine about Brexit or Bowie once the tickets go on sale if they don't shift. What a totally boring development.

See you there then, Brumster. You can buy me a lager if you want. It's great that you're so excited!!!!!!!!!!

I see. And what happened to this...

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_150917_03

"17 September 2015

Hammersmith Statement

Morrissey has commented:

"There is absolutely no way that we can generate any interest from record labels in the United Kingdom, therefore the imminent two nights at Hammersmith are likely to be our final ever UK shows. We are obsessively grateful for all interest and loyalty from our audience ... throughout 28 years ... but without new releases, there is no point in any additional touring. Thank you for so many absolutely incredible times. The pleasure and privilege is mine ... "
It is 100% because he was mentioned in parliament recently, ever the shameless opportunist, he is visiting the UK to get his stale name connected with the revolution that is occurring, having himself turn tail and ran out of his own country years ago, he will be back being immature, boring , fake, opportunist, sensationalist as ever- his aim to take advantage for his own self aggrandizement. Repulsive yet again. Hope he hardly sells a ticket.

Last time was shite and I've done my bollocks following Wales round France

Cymru am byth

I wonder what ruse he'll pull this time to generate sales? Please welcome our new drummer Mike Joyce?

What do we reckon, £75 a ticket?

I assume he won't play half of world peace on this tour, and presumably a one-off gig in Manc is going to be b-sides/album tracks/fan favourites???

Hang on a minute. I thought Morrissey said he wouldn't play the UK again until he had a record deal / put out new music.

Don't tell me that was just a cheap ploy to sell more tickets.

"17 September 2015

Hammersmith Statement

Morrissey has commented:

"There is absolutely no way that we can generate any interest from record labels in the United Kingdom, therefore the imminent two nights at Hammersmith are likely to be our final ever UK shows. We are obsessively grateful for all interest and loyalty from our audience ... throughout 28 years ... but without new releases, there is no point in any additional touring. Thank you for so many absolutely incredible times. The pleasure and privilege is mine ... "

"17 September 2015

Hammersmith Statement

Morrissey has commented:

good_LORD_MEME.jpg

That would be a tight schedule but I guess he could fly over. Don't know the distance myself but it seems possible I suppose. Not the best bit of scheduling though

Really quite odd. Hope they have 2 copies of the video reel and an extra oboe laying around.

Wait a minute - he's going to go from Turkey to the UK and then back to Israel over the course of 5 days? That's nuts.

What can we expect in terms of ticket prices?

It simply says "MORRISSEY". Maybe he's going to read from List of the Lost for all of you little charmers???

Shall I pack the cheese sandwiches? I hear Jeremy Clarkson and Chris Evans are opening the show with Solomon Walker beating an empty tin can

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom