TTY: Morrissey show in Manchester (Aug. 20, 2016; on sale Fri.)

Morrissey show in Manchester - true-to-you.net
5 July 2016

Morrissey will play Manchester Arena on Saturday 20 August.
Damien Dempsey is very special guest.
Tickets are on sale this Friday (8 July), max 4 per person.
This will be Morrissey's first appearance in Manchester for four years, and his only 2016 show in England.

38834_morrissey_a4_new.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hang on a minute. I thought Morrissey said he wouldn't play the UK again until he had a record deal / put out new music.

Don't tell me that was just a cheap ploy to sell more tickets.

Maybe he has some new songs to play - my guess is that he'll play two or three...

Wait a minute - he's going to go from Turkey to the UK and then back to Israel over the course of 5 days? That's nuts.

Must be a super last second descision. At least he seems to be over his fear of flying. I have to fly in September and I'm terrified now

:rofl:L O L ! This is going to be a Benny:greatbritain::knife: spectacular !
Meat free ? No chance.
Not performing in the UK anymore :drama: :laughing:.
The only way I can possibly see this being a success is a surprise Smiths reunion ! ( hope not Johnny,Mike and Andy deserve better than have to work with this deranged CrankFraud again )
Let's hope the City council give him a key in a box this time.
Let's hope he comes on stage not to early like he did last time.
Let's hope he puts his hand in his pocket for video monitors unlike last time.
Let's all hope Benny :greatbritain::knife: can source a shit load of black curtains.
Let's hope he's not gonna perform the same old shit again
Let's hope he's not mistaken the arena for the world famous Embassy club.

It's not gonna work out Steven ! Manchester can't be arsed with you anymore you Crank.

Benny-the-Brutish-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I find it highly amusing that my powers are such that by the very act of putting some alphanumeric characters on a website, goons such as yourself are Pavlovially impelled to do the same. And I see you chose your words selectively, as the words "there is no point in any additional touring" clearly didn't register with your unidirectional view.
Surely you don't speak like that outside of this forum. I see people drifting off to sleep before your very eyes.

Last edited:
Ive decided no, £71, that's a joke and it wouldn't surprise me if it sells out instantly and the tickets are on sale elsewhere within 15 mins, but £20 or more dearer. I went last time at the MEN, was a bit flat, but 2 days later in Edinburgh was a night to remember. MEN is shit!!

i pray it sells out, otherwise he may threaten to never play the UK ever again.

Over 70 quid to see him in that depressing barn, he's clearly lost the plot.
What the hell will be happening on the night?
Duets with Barbara Streisand?!!
Anything over £45 is a piss take, you can f*** right off Morrissey!

70 quid is not new for him. Don't know where you have been the last years. :crazy:

Over 70 quid to see him in that depressing barn, he's clearly lost the plot.
What the hell will be happening on the night?
Duets with Barbara Streisand?!!
Anything over £45 is a piss take, you can f*** right off Morrissey!

Ya! What a f!¥!ing Duet with Babs?

Moz has never been a cheap date.
Even the higher seating is a bit much with fees:
http://www.gigsandtours.com/event/morrissey/manchester-arena-manchester/998282
£82.50 is a lot with travel on top - I've paid more, but if it's not to generate interest in a new album and just a greatest hits thing - I think I will wait for an offer of a ticket from friends rather than burn a couple of hundred quid for a day out.
Oh the halcyon days of spending £4 to see The Smiths - sigh.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
The day after playing in Istanbul? Seems odd...

Yes, I thought that. The potential for travel disruptions not to mention jet lag doing a 1500 mile trip in under a day. Wondering if Istanbul will be cancelled in light of the recent airport bombing.

Gotta figure half the people here complaining wrote up their posts the moment Morrissey announced it was his last ever British show. I mean, who really didn't see this coming? But what we have here is a collection of online egos who want to jump up and down and get points for pointing out the bleeding obvious. Hopefully they'll be so smug they'll eventually disappear up their own assholes or something.

The ticket prices are high, but as I had already booked a hotel in Manchester for that night this works out perfectly for me. Happy days!

Moz has never been a cheap date.
Even the higher seating is a bit much with fees:
http://www.gigsandtours.com/event/morrissey/manchester-arena-manchester/998282
£82.50 is a lot with travel on top - I've paid more, but if it's not to generate interest in a new album and just a greatest hits thing - I think I will wait for an offer of a ticket from friends rather than burn a couple of hundred quid for a day out.
Oh the halcyon days of spending £4 to see The Smiths - sigh.
Regards,
FWD.

Everything is about money these days. Everything.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom