TTY ~ Morrissey returns to England due to his mother's illness

Press release - true-to-you.net
22 October 2012

"Events for this forthcoming week are postponed - but not cancelled - as Morrissey has returned to England where his mother has been hospitalized and is unwell.

Those who have already purchased tickets for the dates in Pittsburgh, Columbus, Flint and Chicago are encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for the rescheduled dates. The new dates will be announced within the coming days.

The remainder of the US tour will be unaffected, resuming in Minneapolis on Oct 29."

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you heard about this storm coming to the east coast? They say all flights will be cancelled for several days. I'm afraid Moz's flight might be cancelled on Monday. Unless he flies in on Sunday...
Worried...

Oh my god I hope he makes it safely...

How hilarious would it be if he couldn't make it but he doesn't tell anyone, concert goes on as planned, Imperfect List plays, curtain drops, crowd goes bonkers and Crystal Geezer walks out and busts into First of the Gang like no big deal. :p Everyone's thinking WTF? Sings the entire concert, no explanations. :rofl: (I'd totally have Jesse be my pinch hitter on LMKY and have him throw his shirt to the crowd.)

OMG gotta lay off the IPAs, they're deadly to my brain.

Edit: I'd have so many beers thrown at me the stage would look like a recycle bin. "Wooooooooo! Thanks for coming out. Minneapolis RAWKS! Sign the PETA petition on the way out kids! Woooooooo! Stop throwing beers it's a waste of ten bucks! Drink that shit!" Lol. :D

Last edited:
Have you heard about this storm coming to the east coast? They say all flights will be cancelled for several days. I'm afraid Moz's flight might be cancelled on Monday. Unless he flies in on Sunday...
Worried...

Wow. That is disconcerting. Even if he flies in nonstop to Chicago, which I would assume he's doing, he would have to travel through the storm. I would assume he's coming back on Sunday, as an afternoon arrival on Monday would be cutting it so close for soundcheck, etc...

I see true-to-you and Susan Blond are doing a great job at keeping everybody informed, take as much time as you need don't you worry about fans making travel arrangements we've got so much time and money its un-believable

Isn't he flying to Minneapolis for the concert on 29th?
I thought Chicago was postponed

Are there direct flights to Minneapolis from London?

I believe Chicago is still postponed. If he waits until Sunday to fly in, he may not make it. Unless he flies in to Atlanta and then to the mid-west. Sandy will be making her way out of my backyard and up towards Virginia, MD, and the rest of the East Coast Sunday afternoon. It's a huge, powerful storm. I don't think he's here yet or Chicago would be on. Who knows...we'll just have to wait and hear from tty. Also, I suppose all of this depends on how Ms. Dwyer is feeling as well.

They say no news is good news, but in this case no news can drive one mad!

I hope all is well with Morrissey and that his Mother is feeling much better.

Isn't he flying to Minneapolis for the concert on 29th?
I thought Chicago was postponed

Are there direct flights to Minneapolis from London?

Unless he's going the Oprah-route and flying in his own (or rented) private jet, then, no.
They aren't any nonstop flights between London and Minneapolis.You have to connect somewhere, usually Chi-town, sometimes NYC.

Wow Crystal ............ you would really have to be brave in trying such a stunt !

OMG it would never fly. I was at a show the other night where the power went out and we all had a lot of time to stand around in the dark and talk. I was standing next to this guy in his 60s who was telling me about all the fantastic LA shows he's been to since the 70s. Talk turned to the recent shows we'd been to, I told him Madonna was just doing medleys of her hits of the show I went to recently, he said Bruce Springsteen was doing lots of new material. THen he said Robert Plant put on a dreadful show because it was just his artsy B-side faves. I told him Iggy and Stooges were opening for Morrissey, he said "You mean Iggy and the Stooge?" THen he went on a rant about paying money not to see the real thing, and it better be the songs he wants to hear, they better be hits, blah, blah, blah. People just want to hear the hits, they're kinda assholes about it too. "I PAID GOOD MONEY, PLAY THE SONG I JUST HEARD ON THE RADIO DAMMIT!" I bet as an artist that gets soooo old. You think people on solo are the assholes, pretty much everyone is. :p

Unless he's going the Oprah-route and flying in his own (or rented) private jet, then, no.
They aren't any nonstop flights between London and Minneapolis.You have to connect somewhere, usually Chi-town, sometimes NYC.

You fookin moron. There are PLENTY of direct flights from MSP to Heathrow. I head to 'ol blighty that way several times a year.

Surf Ballroom (Oct 30) has posted on their facebook page today that their date is postponed. So I don't think the tour is resuming on the 29th as planned.

GoldenVoice Facebook Wall Post:

Morrissey tour is postponed. Ticketholders for STAPLES Center, hold onto your tickets. They will be valid for the newly scheduled STAPLES Center show which will be announced shortly.

All remaining dates on the current US Tour have been postponed – but not cancelled – as Morrissey has returned to England where his mother has been hospitalized and is unwell. Due to issues with his mother’s health, Morrissey will need to remain by her side during this difficult period.

Those who have already purchased tickets for all upcoming dates are highly encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for the rescheduled dates. The new dates will be announced shortly.

Morrissey would like to thank everyone for their understanding and patience as the shows are being prepared for a swift reschedule.

We're sad too.

Looks like the rest of the tour has been post-poned.He needs to stay in England longer than planned..

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_121026_01

Morrissey US Tour dates are postponed
All remaining dates on the current US Tour have been postponed – but not cancelled – as Morrissey has returned to England where his mother has been hospitalized and is unwell. Due to issues with his mother’s health, Morrissey will need to remain by her side during this difficult period.

Those who have already purchased tickets for all upcoming dates are highly encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for the rescheduled dates. The new dates will be announced shortly.

Morrissey would like to thank everyone for their understanding and patience as the shows are being prepared for a swift reschedule.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Australia tour will go ahead? Hope his mum gets better soon.

Give her some bread.

This is my 2nd time reading this forum to get latest news about Morrissey and I admit this quite shamefully. Skylarker - To say that Morrissey or anyone else should give his mum some bread is so f***ing cruel and highly distasteful, amongst other of your unwelcoming comments. Do you think that his mother is a pigeon?? (for those who might not know Morrissey has rescued an injured pigeon earlier in October 2012, and has given some bread whilst it recovered)

You will advance into your years, or maybe you already have, AND when you get sick and are close to dying, you deserve to have your bones and flesh destroyed by acid, so that you don't have the chance to be remembered by a burial or a cremation.

And all you other pieces of shit who come on here disrespecting Morrissey and his life, think about what Morrissey has achieved and where he is now in his life, how many people has he helped and influenced?? Can you say you achieved anything other then a talent of bitching, disrespecting and hating? Now I see why Morrissey HATES this so-LOW site.

Don't bother responding as I will not lower myself ever again by coming onto this site.

Love and respect to the little on here who really do respect Moz.

scary new... I can't afford a Moz concert anyway, but I hope shit works out soon either way (I love my mommy... I know Moz loves his, too. @_@ ).
At the end of the day, I also frankly just don't want him retiring early before I ever even have a chance to see him live.

You will advance into your years, or maybe you already have, AND when you get sick and are close to dying, you deserve to have your bones and flesh destroyed by acid, so that you don't have the chance to be remembered by a burial or a cremation.

Calm down... Jesus!
Or, at the very least, don't wreck any credibility you might've had by being such a hypocrite... :rolleyes:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom