TTY ~ Morrissey returns to England due to his mother's illness

Press release - true-to-you.net
22 October 2012

"Events for this forthcoming week are postponed - but not cancelled - as Morrissey has returned to England where his mother has been hospitalized and is unwell.

Those who have already purchased tickets for the dates in Pittsburgh, Columbus, Flint and Chicago are encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for the rescheduled dates. The new dates will be announced within the coming days.

The remainder of the US tour will be unaffected, resuming in Minneapolis on Oct 29."

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I can understand where the people who upset are coming from. I had tickets to two of these shows. My mother just got out of the hospital for a chronic illness. Due to that and other personal things I was really looking forward to the shows, hoping for some kind of catharsis. And then his mother got sick. I hope for the best for Morrissey and his mother.

All the best to you, dear Morrissey, and to your mom. We'll miss you here in Columbus, but we'll see you just around the bend.
Lots of Love x

Get well soon, Morrissey's mummy. Take care of yourself, too MOZ!

Can't wait to see you in Colorado! :guitar:

Cheers!

mbr.

I heard his Mother is not really that ill - not enough to warrant a return to England, but rather ticket sales were soft for these shows. I think they made a mistake booking a place as large as the Chicago Theatre. Should have done the Vic Theatre.

Chicago has been sold out for at lease a month....

Please tell me this post is a joke.

I'm from New York, there are all sorts of bad/plain/good accents in this state.

I have Never, Ever heard anyone say Obamer or Libbyer. It just doesn't happen. It's a creation of elitist snobs (yeah, YOU).

This is ridiculous and just trying to perpetuate a stereotype.

If your post was about dropping "R's" I would say yes, I agree that does happen.

The post you quoted was very obviously directed at the British users complaining about "Americanisms"...

I heard his Mother is not really that ill - not enough to warrant a return to England, but rather ticket sales were soft for these shows. I think they made a mistake booking a place as large as the Chicago Theatre. Should have done the Vic Theatre.

Wow, this might be the most inane comment on here. Morrissey's mother is in the hospital, and you "heard" she's not that ill? Your sources are automatically ruled out as being informed since Chicago Theatre has been sold out for months (he sold out Congress Theater last time, which is twice as big), and the other 3 are nearly sold out from the looks of it.

JMM thanks for the post can you tell us anymore (poor sales/venues etc) thankyou.

Hope all's well with his mum, I defeinately can understand he potponed the dates, his
mother is the most dearest person for Morrissey .

Unfortunely under the upcoming dates Pityburgh is postponed, I dearly hope for that city He will set another date,
it's not funny anymore.

I hope for better news concerning Morrissey's mother.

Wish I was in his backing band now all dressed in the same speedos on the beach, drinking earl grey tea with a cucumber sandwich living the life

If nobody else has said this yet, you are a shit of the highest order. I would call you worse but this would get deleted. But, read between the lines, you are the worst of the worst.

He could have just popped back to the Q awards to see Jonny Marr pick up the Q hero award

I hope Morrissey`s mum gets well soon.I agree with some of the other posters family is first.

Have the previous shows been well attended or has the interest been a bit below par ?

Heres a few

CongraDulations (the t has now turned to d)
"In the hole " (Never say this on the golf course)
Burglarize (Burgle)
Soda (Fizzy drink)
Take-out (takeaway)
Hike (Inflate the price)
Turn 40 (40th Birthday)

All the best to your mom; hope she is ok....hope you reschedule....God Bless

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom